Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Fire At My Feet

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline wild / jet [PM] Posts: 85 — Threads: 12
Signos: 1,300
Day Court Scholar
Female [she/her]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  18.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 28  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

jane

Jane walked in comfortable silence. It seemed to soak on her, the knowledge that Veil was silent but always a step away. There was still something unearthly about the way that Veil stepped through the world. Walking through the desert had been less traumatic, now that Jane had made herself accustomed to it through way of exposure therapy. Her eye was always on guard; her body always ready to freeze at any form of movement.

The Day Court reared its head, the dark windows seeming to linger on her motions. Poor little useless thing, they seemed to say. Poor little imposter, wanted by no one. Not even wanted by death, who seemed always to dodge her at the last second in the form of a sacrifice or latent social graces. Twice now had she gazed into the eyes of something that wanted to kill her, but hadn’t because of politics. 

The house of Aunt Vogelstein was a small grotto in a plaza far away from the centre, yet still touched by culture. The scent of flowers and honeysuckle stung her nostrils, accompanied by a bitter sense of spice. Up on the second floor was her window. She had been there last week, and yet it seemed unfamiliar to her. How strange time was, and how strange was she. Last week she had been someone else. Jane cast a glance to Veil- where had she been a week ago? Did it matter? How did time pass to a star? Jane felt a little pang of something nearing pain, but bordering on affection. 

Finally, she mustered the courage to face her social faux pas, only to have the door slammed in her face. Yet, for a moment between the door opening and the door being shut, Veil had forced herself between the two and rendered Aunt Vogelstein with a withering glance. 

For a moment, Jane felt relieved. The family had finally forsaken her.

But then there was a panic. What skills did she have? She was not wise, not skilled in any craft. She would be dead within the fortnight.

But she was not dead yet, and Veil was with her. Veil had been forsaken too, and she was still alive. And Jane leaned into the soft touches that Veil gifted her, each carrying its own meaning. Jane paused to nudge Veil back and thank her. They would figure it out together. Jane sighed softly. “We need to find a place to stay, then. We shouldn’t procrastinate. Shall we go left or shall we go right?” 

It didn’t matter. Veil was there with a particular gleam in her violet eye, and Jane was grateful for her company. Jane nudged Veil’s shoulder once more to thank her. 

@[Veil Nebula] / speaks /tysm for your patience! I think i finally have a bit of mojo left haha 

Messages In This Thread
Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 03-12-2021, 04:18 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 03-13-2021, 12:03 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 04-05-2021, 03:57 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 04-06-2021, 06:43 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 04-09-2021, 11:01 AM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 07-12-2021, 12:09 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 07-13-2021, 03:15 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 07-14-2021, 01:47 AM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 07-14-2021, 10:02 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 07-14-2021, 10:44 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 07-21-2021, 01:36 PM