Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Fire At My Feet

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline wild / jet [PM] Posts: 85 — Threads: 12
Signos: 1,300
Day Court Scholar
Female [she/her]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  18.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 28  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

art by vivihal
Jane
Jane felt slightly numb to the true effect of her expulsion. She was not miscommunicated, but there was the sensation of pressure in her chest. She turned to Veil, whose eyes were like stones of amethyst. Jane didn’t know what they reflected but she appreciated it; appreciated the gentle touches of Veil’s reassurance.

She would figure it out. She had to figure it out, especially now that Veil was at her side. Yet unsure of her own mortality, where would the young mare go without some care. What if she had been left by the ocean; the water broiling and vicious. Jane would never have found her now dearest friend. 

Jane spoke, but the words were yet beyond Veil’s comprehension. They would have to work on that, in the next few days, weeks, however long it took. In Veil’s company Jane found a well of understanding of that what was important, the emotional ties that Jane had grown up lacking. In many ways Veil reminded her of a sibling. Jane hummed to herself, in thought as she followed Veil. 

They wandered in the right direction, and Jane looked around for the occasional signs that flickered. Rooms to Let. There was no way she had the funds for any of them in this quarter, so she walked without glancing. 

Slowly the world changed, and they entered the more homely middle class of the Day Court. “We could find a boarding house, I suppose,” she muttered to herself. She didn’t want to know what gossip would make its way to her family back home, and she didn’t care to find out. The scent of pepper lingered in the air, and the buildings here were made of more temporary materials.

A few decades later, they would all be gone. She would be gone too, most likely. What of Jane, and what of Veil, the lovely, newly mortal Veil. Would she linger in Veil’s memory? She shook the thoughts away and stopped before a building that seemed clumsily stacked together. It overlooked a street of apple trees, and the shade was gentle. 

Jane looked at Veil and tipped her nose in the direction of the building. “Shall we go in?” She didn’t know if Veil would understand, but hopefully there would be some connection between the intention and the words.

Tagged; @Veil Nebula. Ooc; here ya go!

i've never felt more alone
it feels so scary getting old

Messages In This Thread
Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 03-12-2021, 04:18 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 03-13-2021, 12:03 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 04-05-2021, 03:57 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 04-06-2021, 06:43 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 04-09-2021, 11:01 AM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 07-12-2021, 12:09 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 07-13-2021, 03:15 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 07-14-2021, 01:47 AM