Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Fire At My Feet

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world
There was a calmness that set in.

For Veil it swept over her, keeping her a strong and steady rock, and allowing herself to slip through and separate herself from the emotional cues she was getting from the universe, and focus instead on being a support for her friend. Her smile was soft, warm, reassuring, not because it needed to be, but because she could have faith. Or, perhaps less faith, and more confidence. She remembered those inner mechanics of the universe, always providing, always giving and pulling, a cycle that would only build you up more, bigger, better.

She was a perfect example of that.

She had been a Nebula, before condensing upon herself. She remembered the pressure, the strong force of gravity when she'd hit that protostar stage, the intense heat from that stage as a red giant, only to now be an odd stage of a shape defined planetary nebula. Something she'd never heard of. The heart of the star beating in her chest, her nebula colors on her coat, galactic dust radiating off of her body. One day she'd explode out again, and when she did, when that nuclear fuel that helps run this new body finally runs dry, who knows what would happen then. Would she start the cycle over? Or had she already began that process with the white dwarf star in place of her heart. Was her Planetary Nebula stage going to migrate into a basic Nebula once more, restart her cycle, over and over again, until she gets to the point, when the star in her chest is big enough she ends up a black hole?

But either way, she didn't fret on it.

She was a cycle, and that cycle was like the cycle that her friend was working through, where it would build you up, until you were something new, and something better. And Veil would walk every step of the way with her friend as well. Jane wouldn't make the trek alone. Something had been with Veil, she remembered the whispers faintly, the repeated command that she remember who she is, and she'd be the same strength for Jane, reminding her of who she is, and she will become stronger. Always stronger. She had infinite faith in her friend. They'd get through it together.

Or so she hoped.

Even Veil knew that there was much she didn't know about this world, much she wouldn't be able to understand. Jane was her guide just as much as Veil could be the strength, and it made her understand that when it comes down to it, she might not understand, might not know what to expect, what was to come from this point forward. A sudden bit of emotion filtered through Veil, determination, patience, understanding. And with a blink and a pause, Veil was able to assign it to her lack of understanding. As she'd done so far, Jane was seeming to put her communication complications on her own shoulders.

The star wondered why it was so important.

But she had seen it used a lot so far on this planet. Communication for so much. Even as they walked through the town, it was as if the other was seeing things that meant nothing to the crash-landed star. But as they moved into another area, the buildings seemed to change around them. Her friend spoke, and she tilted her head, curious on what the sounds entail, but she could still feel some lingering emotions, and she nudged her friend before an odd scent hit her. Sharp. Tangy. Clogging her nostrils, and in that brief moment, the star blinked and shook her head, before violently sneezing at the unfamiliar spice.

Was this an attack on them?

She rubbed her muzzle against a forelimb, blowing out a puff of air that had her galactic dust-created fetlocks dancing as she wrinkled her nose and peered up at her friend in confusion from beneath the curly fringe of her forelock. She was gathering social cues. Her friend didn't seem worried, hardly seeming to notice at all, and it allowed the star to gather that this must be normal, not a threat, just a startle to her. She straightened slowly, even as she made a slight face and let out another puff of air in slight discomfort. Sharpness to her poor nuzzle, indeed.

How odd this rock was.

Her friend suddenly stopped, and Veil looked around before looking up at the nearby building, as they stood in front of it. Jane nudged towards it, her muzzle swinging towards the door, and there was a sudden hesitation, but it was laid over a determined eagerness? No, not eager, but similar. A destination to be reached because it needed to be, not because it wanted to be? Either way, entry appeared to be the goal. She wondered what sound represented that desire. Welcoming? Friendly? Homecoming? Hesitation. Uncertainty. Fear. Regret. Pain. Fear. Homecoming? The emotions in the air were stifling, some from her, some from what she had picked up from Jane, some from those who by happenstance merely glanced their way. But she could pick up enough to understand what Jane was suggesting, and she started forward, pushing open the door with her muzzle, the galactic dust shedding off her body as she folded her wings tightly against her body so they wouldn't clip on the sides of the entry.

She didn't hesitate, galaxy eyes curious.

She looked around the room, moving to the side for Jane to enter and lead the way, her expression curious, as she allowed the galactic dust to harbor in her chest more, gathering in her body, so only the faint bleeding of the dust would pool off her flight feathers, her hooves, the ends of her mane and tail, her form taking a more concrete shape, less obscured around the edges, making herself a little more lifelike in hopes of her not being the reason to be sent away, a slender mare with an otherworldly design still had a tendency to stand out though.

She continued to hide how out of place she felt.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Jane
Notes:: A little all over the place. I forgot how hard she is to write, I think I put a little too much in 'thought form' rather than 'emotional context form' x.x
Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?

Artist Credit to Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 03-12-2021, 04:18 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 03-13-2021, 12:03 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 04-05-2021, 03:57 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 04-06-2021, 06:43 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 04-09-2021, 11:01 AM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 07-12-2021, 12:09 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 07-13-2021, 03:15 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 07-14-2021, 01:47 AM