Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Fire At My Feet

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world
Veil could feel it bubbling in her, a sense of worry.

Worry. Concern. Affection. Worry. Worry. So much worry. Not to mention the underlying heartbreak, disappear, forlorn acceptance. None of it really for her, but rather for her friend. She couldn't help but feel them for what poor Jane must be going through. To be turned away, sent away, Lost. Cold. Endless. Lost. Lost. Cold. Homesick. Cold. Black. Black. Dark. Dark and Cold. Dark and Black. Black and Cold. Cold. Lost. Lost. Veil forced those thoughts back, the memories of the endless years when she'd journeyed solo through space. Alone, she had been alone for so, so long.

She wouldn't let that happen to Jane.

Strength. Friendship. Yellow. Warmth. Love. Support. Affection. No, she wouldn't let Jane face any of it alone. She might not have much to offer, not with the way she couldn't seem to even comprehend the communication methods of these beings, but she could at least offer support and never wavering loyalty and strength - right? Just as Jane was taking her under her wing, Veil would be a pillar of strength at her side.

She wouldn't face it alone, not if Veil could help.

They continued through the city, the town changing as they crossed what Veil may one day see as a social class segregation. This area seemed more run down, plain. Simple. But the odd sharp tang to her nose was not expected, not wanted. That Jane had show friendliness, had made gentle noises, reassuring sounds, caring sounds - Veil assumed it wasn't anything dangerous, particularly that she was offered a tap of comfort. No, not just comfort. The emotions swirled, Reassurance, amusement, friendship, affection, comfort, care, gold and brown. Strong. Comfortable. Friendship. It was a relief to know she didn't have to worry about it being a form of an attack.

Soon they seemed to settle on a location.

Veil didn't hesitate to head in, didn't dally or worry - such thoughts foreign to a being as old as she, who was so sure of herself, even if she was uncertain of her surroundings. Perhaps it was more foolishness than a sureness of herself. Forgetting she was in a more mortal form, rather than the galactic, celestial being of before. Soon a creature came down - an old female, with a long stick on her forehead. Veil was quite as Jane made to set up their board, a quick exchange . . .

Or it should have been.

Veil's magic gave her the briefest of warning, of hesitation, of irritation, of perceived insult. She tried to move forward, but it was already to late, as the mare's aged speech came out, and Jane was already responding with sweet words that dripped with a borderline acidic tone to Veil's sensitive information gathering. There was a war of wills going on, and Veil couldn't understand the sounds enough to follow along. But that didn't mean she'd stand in the corner. She straightened, standing tall as she moved to Jane's side - though her 'tall' was still short compared to her friend. It still would present a unite front, a reminder in case she needed it, that Jane wouldn't be alone.

The deja vu returned, stronger.

And then it happened. She didn't know what the noises meant, but she could see that an insult had been thrown, that Jane had taken it, and instantly the star wanted to protect, standing slightly in front of her friend, staring down the female, trying to remember any of the words to say to get this moving forward, to not let this fall apart on Jane's head. What noises. What . . . wait. That one noise, the one that filled her with comfort, a sense of home. Of endless possibilities. Of gentle twinkling stars and comfortable talks with the universe. The other mare said it first though, and the word echoed in Veil's brain. Nuh-eye-tuh. At least she didn't need to try to step in after all.

But the fake laughter was alarming.

She didn't know emotions could be fake. That the joyous sound she had heard from others. Some belly deep, others lilting like a melody, some breezy but always warm . . . this sound, this joyous one was not joyous. Sure the right general symbols were present, but it wasn't the same. It was fake, broken, not real. It sounded dirty. Wrong. So wrong. But they at least got a room.

Even if it was off too.

She looked around it, trying to ignore the feeling of the building, the despair, the struggling, the desolate acceptance, the giving up that hung heavy in the air. She tuned it out to see Jane fall onto one of the two odd things in the room. Veil glanced at her before touching her own hoof to the weird rectangle that must be for her. Her hoof sank, the texture thick and odd, with a slight five, reminding her off a sort of foliage. What was this? Jane had fallen on hers, so Veil hesitated to lay down, front limbs coiling as she leaned into the odd stiff fluff, sniffing it in confusion, before she heard her friend suddenly speak.

The first half of her name, it caught her attention.

Her eyes turned towards her friend, before seeing her turn to leave, and Veil blinked before scrambling to her feet, to get off the odd rectangle, only to get stumbled by the odd texture, the give of it, and stumbled, tripping off of the bed, causing her forelock to fall in disarray when she'd been forced to quickly try to splay her limbs to catch herself. Blinking, she looked back up to her friend, before smiling curiously, to see where she would be taken to next, and wondering what she might learn now. 

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Jane
Notes:: The first version I wrote, that my horrid internet connection ate was amazing, this one not so much :(
Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?

Artist Credit to Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 03-12-2021, 04:18 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 03-13-2021, 12:03 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 04-05-2021, 03:57 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 04-06-2021, 06:43 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 04-09-2021, 11:01 AM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 07-12-2021, 12:09 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 07-13-2021, 03:15 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 07-14-2021, 01:47 AM