Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Fire At My Feet

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world
This rock was so odd, unique.

Every new sensation was just that, new. Every situation unique, every moment was special because it was always a first. First breath of air. First scent of pollen. First sneeze, first stumble, first time seeing a sunrise, a sunset, a raindrop, a snowflake. It was all new to her, and in a way, it made it magical. It made this world innocent. It made Veil naive. It was for that reason that it could be considered a blessing that she ran into Jane first. Jane who was willing to show her the way, to set her sights on the right path, not let her be swayed by what she might not know, what she wouldn't understand. With Jane, she had found safety.

With Jane, she'd found family.

Sure, it wasn't the same as being part of the sky, part of the star systems, and part of the universe. When she knew what was going in any galaxy, any nebula, any milkway. When she knew the secrets of the universe, when she was part of those secrets. She missed that since of connection, of being part of something bigger. Sure, she was still a star, still part of the world, but it was different now, she felt smaller, less significant . . . mortal, fleeting, passing. Was this how those on this rock lived day by day, life by life - with a sense of mortality hanging around them?

Veil didn't like those feelings.

She ignored them for brightness when she could. But the laugh was new, not that Veil would know that was what it was. To her, it was bright, it was warmth, it was vibrancy and uncaring, rich and selfless. Filling. Jane seemed to lean into it as well, laughing too, and Veil's smile grew, violet eyes dancing, as the stars captured in those galaxy orbs seemed to twinkle with warmth, holding secrets, holding love, holding the unknown in their depths. She settled her steps, finding her balance again, before turning to follow her friend.

She didn't know where they were going.

But she didn't mind. The scent of spice returned, and Veil felt a sense of something . . . strength? Power? No . . . not quite. But there was a sort of pride to it. Pride, and . . . championship? Whatever, she felt something about being able to overcome the pepper the second time, and it was a good something, proof that she was settling in, proof she was becoming part of this world. She breathed deeply instead, taking that spice, that pepper in - only to half cough and half choke as the spice seemed to triple from that action. Noted, learned, don't do that.

And then suddenly there was the scent of more.

All around her, different things that had her suddenly feeling weak in the center of her body - no, not weak, but yearning. Like a star wanting fuel, even though her dust bleeding off her was proof she had more than enough. Her friend made noises again, and she turned towards her, before having her nose tapped, and a breath in. Veil hesitated, remembering the last time she'd done that, and the pepper had caught her off guard. But she did as her friend did, breathing in. Instantly that weakness, that yearning increased, and she sniffed again for what made her feel that way, before starting off in a random direction, following what she breathed in.

It didn't take her long before she found it.

A small placed, tucked up behind a curtain, easy to overlook from the shadow of another building. Veil glanced towards Jane, smiling with reassurance, as her heart hummed with excitement. She pushed the curtain aside, using her wing to keep it held up for both herself, and her friend. Inside, the building was cooler than outside, thanks to the mud-style bricks that helped reflect the heat. The place had a quiet hum of conversation, though the two mares seemed mostly overlooked, even as a waitress smiled from behind a bar, welcoming them in.

Veil nodded once to Jane, this place would do.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Jane
Notes:: Figured they needed a quiet little joint, and Veil's nose totally brought her to a place that has some sort of fruit pie, I can almost guarantee it ;)
Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?
Artist Credit to Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 03-12-2021, 04:18 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 03-13-2021, 12:03 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 04-05-2021, 03:57 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 04-06-2021, 06:43 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 04-09-2021, 11:01 AM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 07-12-2021, 12:09 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 07-13-2021, 03:15 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 07-14-2021, 01:47 AM