Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Fire At My Feet

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline wild / jet [PM] Posts: 85 — Threads: 12
Signos: 1,300
Day Court Scholar
Female [she/her]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  18.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 28  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

art by vivihal
Jane
In many ways, watching Veil was watching a young child. It made Jane ponder on what it must be like at home, for the younger brother who had evidently replaced her. And yet he was no brother, he lacked name and body in her mind’s eye, while Veil Nebula actually existed. So much less equine and yet so much more, her skin tangible and her voice whispering with that element of surprise and self-revelation, like the coming together of a sewn garment. 

It wasn’t like they would accept Jane if she came back. No, Jane’s status within her family had been made perfectly known, and all that remained were the painted formalities that came with an upper class that protected itself. Like an injured animal it hid its throat, kept its heart buried beneath an arched back and raised hairs on the mane. Her name would be spoken as formality alone. This, Jane was sure of.

And Veil Nebula followed Jane in much the same way as someone who were blood could have done. Yet they were different down to their core. There was even the question of whether Veil bled or not- they said the blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb, but what liquids even existed beneath the fibres and beauty of Veil’s impeccable, intransient skin. Her hide, unspeakable like the villain in a child’s story or a face behind fog, shivered beneath Jane’s attention.

Veil accepted everything; the spice no longer an enemy. She embraced it, even a bit too much as she proceeded to choke on the sensation of pepper entering her throat. Jane didn’t comment on it, watching her with a tender compassion. Jane understood how much this world must be for Veil Nebula. If Jane had been taken off guard in those first weeks in Solterra, how much worse must it be for the creature that was literally extraterrestrial, whose introductions to the world of Novus were changing at every moment. But that was the world, in many ways- changing, forever. 

It was no surprise, then, that Veil Nebula then led Jane in the direction of sweetness. They ducked beneath a door, and the waitress guided them to a place that was hidden from the hustle and bustle of Solterra. 

May we have the menu?” she said quietly, keeping her voice low to match the energy of the restaurant.

Tagged; @Veil Nebula. Ooc; im sorry i havent replied im dead inside

i've never felt more alone
it feels so scary getting old

[/b]

Messages In This Thread
Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 03-12-2021, 04:18 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 03-13-2021, 12:03 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 04-05-2021, 03:57 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 04-06-2021, 06:43 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 04-09-2021, 11:01 AM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 07-12-2021, 12:09 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 07-13-2021, 03:15 PM