Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Fire At My Feet

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world
Veil knew there where things she didn't know.

Things she didn't know about the world, about these beings who lived on this rock. About Jane, about herself. And yet, locked away in her head was so much that she did know. So much she didn't know how to share. She had been part of something bigger at one point, and at times, she could almost imagine, she was still in that collective fold. The way the universe knows, the way molecules remember, and the way she was something bigger. She wasn't a mere being . . . She was a star, a galactic anomaly.

And yet, she still felt so frail.

So small.

So lost.

She didn't like these kinds of feelings. The white and grey, bleak colors painted over memories of a time lost in space, surrounded in silence. Lonely. She liked the world as it was now. With Jane by her side, where she didn't need to be alone anymore. It was like opening up her eyes, and suddenly the world was in technicolor vibrance, rather than the bleak darkness, with the only pinpoints of light being billions of light-years away. Veil's world was full of color, of sound now.

It had been thanks to Jane.

And so she followed Jane with no hesitation, having a trust that came from somewhere deeper than naivety. Jane was a comfort, a sense of home she hadn't felt in so long. And with Veil's budding magic, she knew it wasn't a misplaced trust. There was no cautionary warning of foreboding betrayal. Just a calm happiness, a sense of shelter that Veil hadn't known she craved. And it was with Jane's comforting presence that she found herself taking in the world fully, even if she took in too much pepper as it settled in her muzzle, her throat, choking her up. She managed an awkward smile to Jane, embarrassed at her mistake, even as they moved along.

The restaurant was just as perfect.

Her friend spoke, and the mare from before offered them both an odd rectangle filled with pictures and odd symbols that Veil couldn't begin to decipher, and so instead she turned towards Jane, her expression lost and filled with a sudden uncertainty that she had no idea what to do now. It was clear they were here to eat, as that is what others around them where doing, as they conversed over dishes in that language Veil couldn't understand.

But how does the mute order?

Especially when she had no idea what any of it was.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Jane
Notes::
Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?
Artist Credit to Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 03-12-2021, 04:18 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 03-13-2021, 12:03 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 04-05-2021, 03:57 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 04-06-2021, 06:43 PM