Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

IC Event  - Beyond the Horizon [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Marthanóir [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 8
Signos: 10
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/His/Him]  |  Immortal [Year 494 Summer]  |  20 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 57  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

The call summoned the copper-burnished stallion, and he found himself being roused from the training he'd put himself through. Where the shell of a stallion once stood, he found himself as he had been before. Muscles rippled under his fiery coat, long limbs carrying him over the ground steadily, smoothly. Holding his cranium high like the regal stallion he was, Liam approached the crowd that had gathered. Having not spent much time within the walls of the court itself, Liam wasn't sure who the deity was. However, the stallion could tell she was breathtakingly beautiful and he was drawn to her. She possessed such power that he was surprised that he wasn't thrown onto his back just by being around her. Even though he could feel the immense strength and power rolling off of her, above all else, Liam felt protected, like nothing bad would become of him. It was this that caused him to step forward, his ears pricked forward, and eyes alert.

Distantly, he heard another step forward, pledging themselves to the mare standing on the pedestal above him, and Liam felt his breath catch in his throat. While he hadn't been in a leadership role in quite some time, he was destined for it, or, at the very least, felt that he was the right choice for the role of Sovereign.

Regretfully, Liam hadn't met with the last two Sovereigns of Terrastella. Whether it was due to his own lack of interest in how things were going or lack of time, he wasn't one hundred percent certain, and he regretted not meeting them at least once. Even still, there were multiple reasons as to why the copper-burnished stallion was the right decision for the Sovereign position.

Despite having not led in quite some time, he was a tactician at heart. Never one without a battle plan, he entered into any and all interactions with at least some sort of basic layout of how he expected or wanted it to go. Of course, everyone was different and not everyone responded the same way. Still, the stallion responded politely, politically, diplomatically, even. It took a lot to get him riled up, and even when he was, there was never a mean word coming from Liam, nor did he ever speak out of turn.

However, what could be done to potentially improve the Dusk Court itself? This was where Liam would take to the populace, get their opinions, and work hard to change it for the better for them, not himself. He wasn't seeking this position out simply for boasting or bragging rights. He wanted to help the citizens, those who couldn't speak for themselves.

As he attempted to come to a stop just a few feet from the pedestal, Liam found himself bowing in respect to the deity above him before standing again. She was asking for strength, for someone to help lead the Dusk Court, someone who was strong enough to hold the crown. Liam could do it.

Couldn't he? There was little to no doubt in his mind, but Liam wasn't sure what Vespera thought of him.

"Vespera," he called to her gently, attention locked solely on her, "I have come to answer your call, your plea. I know I have been lacking in interactions within the Dusk Court itself. Let that not deter you from this. I wish to lead the Court to success. I wish to mingle among the citizens, help them when they need it. I wish to make sure they're all taken care of. They are the ones who make Dusk Court the best court there is."

About the RPer

Thanks for auditioning! Let's start with your name.
What is your OOC name? Marthanóir, Marth, Martha, etc

Great! How old are you?
How old are you? 26!

Have you ever held a Position of Power before?
I have! Liam was a ruler on a site that shall not be named for about 3 months before I decided to leave due to personal reasons. Also, I was on another site (that will also remain nameless) where a character of mine held a co-leader position for several months, though I lack the memory of how long she held power.

The biggest thing I enjoyed about my characters being in power is the sense of completion that they had! Both characters were/are incredibly strong and have gone through hell and back in terms of personal challenges and events, and came out the other side stronger, happier, and overall more entuned with those around them and themselves. I also really enjoyed how much muse I had when writing them in their leadership positions! I don't know if it was their personalities shining through or what it was, but they really wrote themselves when they were in PoPs.

What I didn't like, however, was how it seemed to be a struggle when it came to getting everyone in their herd/realm/pack when there was a meeting needing to be held or an event going on. I know everyone has their own stuff going on, and I respect that; it just makes it harder for things to get rolling/moving. I also wasn't a fan of how I doubted myself at first both times. Making sure I was caught up on rules, lore, activity requirements, etc seemed like an incredibly daunting task, but once I obtained the PoPs, I realized it was easier than I had made it out to be, and I was psyching myself out of something that was incredibly FUN!

Have you read the Sovereign Rules?
Yes! c:

What aspect of Novus are you most excited about?
Tell us something that stood out to you when you read the Guidebook, or something about the site in general.
So this one was a little hard! The Guidebook - and the site itself - is absolutely amazing. There's so much information that it's almost hard to take it all in at once. However, I think my favorite thing about the site and the Guidebook is the NPC account and the Random Events! I think the SWPs that go on throughout the year are spectacular, and I'm always super excited to read through them and be a bystander! (I still haven't worked up the courage to participate just yet, but soon!!)

Sovereign Questions

Why would your character be a good candidate to lead the Court?
First and foremost, Liam adores his citizens. It doesn't matter where he comes from, where he lives, or what he's doing. He adores the citizens that live near/around him or in the herd he's leading. More than anything else, he wants to do right by them and help resolve any issues or problems that they may be having. More often than not, he can be found in the thick of a throng of citizens, answering questions, resolving complaints, issues, even giving advice when one needs it. Liam absolutely adores those around him, and would rather surround himself with his citizens and those he cares for than being by himself.

Above all else, Liam is just and fair. Handing out harsh punishments is reserved for only the worst crimes that happen. He doesn't just hand them out willy-nilly; there needs to be a distinct and obvious reason for the harsh punishment. He's someone that believes in second chances, even when the "criminal" has been given multiple second chances. He's one who believes in rehabilitation, one who believes that there's good in everyone he meets.

When he was younger, Liam served in the military, something that he inherited from his father. Growing up, he'd heard stories from his mother before she passed about how his father had rescued all these soldiers and fought in several great wars and battles before he eventually passed away. In honor of his father and the dedicated military service, Liam, too, stepped up to the plate and found himself enlisting in the most elite military branch of his homeworld. Ironically, it was the same branch that his own father had served in, which brought everything full circle for Liam. He found himself going on multiple high-risk missions and came back each time ready to go again. He lived for it, and if he got something out of it by protecting citizens, he isn't going to lie and disagree.

Not only is he an expert tactician, a soldier at heart, or respectful and protective of those he serves, he's also an incredibly respectful gentleman. If he sees someone in need of help, he offers it to them, but also will step away if they say they don't need help. He's the type to walk someone home at night if they're scared, nervous, or just wanting someone beside them to make the night not seem so dark and scary.

What would be their goals as Sovereign? What would they do with their new power?
I don't have any plans just yet, but I would love to do something akin to the Olympics, where characters from all the Courts come together and compete on Novus' grandest stage! More than that, I want to get a feeling for the players and characters in the Dusk Court to see what they would like to see! Everyone is so creative on Novus, and I'd love to try and help them (Duskians) achieve something that they'd love to see as an IC event, activity, or goal for the Dusk Court itself. I was thinking of maybe trying to have Liam ally the Dusk Court with another court, but I have yet to actually sit down and flesh that idea out! If I were to do it, I'm not sure which court it would be juuuuuussssttt yet.

You've got us convinced. Is there anything else you'd like to add?
Thank you for giving me this opportunity!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beyond the Horizon [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Liam - 04-04-2021, 07:00 PM
RE: Beyond the Horizon [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Atlas - 04-04-2021, 09:20 PM