Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

IC Event  - Beyond the Horizon [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
The alien had heard the call, but Bel had not moved.

It wasn't for a lack of want, or care for the very community she had found herself growing with, but rather from searching for her own capabilities, her own strengths - judging her own self-worth before she could ask a goddess to judge her. Would she even be worth judging. Yuki was staring her down, she could feel her eyes, both sets settling on her, questioning why she hesitated. No words were spoken, they were rarely needed between the two now, but still, she knew the sentiment. "Once upon a time, the council had called me to reckless to be a Triton. I was to 'new-age' to do what was best for my people, all because I believed our people, were worth more than their speed to evade attacks. That I had more value in a soul the quickness they could heal. I wanted better for the Pod, not to let them live in the state of fear within the cold, northern waters. I guess, I still am judging myself for their words then. For Shard's agreement."

She sighed quietly, looking towards the sky.

She didn't much focus on the gods of this world anyway. No, it wasn't that she'd not focused on them, but rather she hadn't had much time to consider them as she was meeting others of all courts, experiencing the world Novus had to offer and challenging herself to see the world above the ocean currents. She was growing more comfortable by the day, and now, she had the chance to not just continue to learn, but do more for her people. But, was she worthy? Was she the right choice? Would she falter? Fall short?

Others had come forward.

A stranger, a soldier, a scholar. The nervous part of her mind waited for the butt of the joke, hoping it wouldn't be her. But she forced those fears to still. And so, the alien stood slowly, the vapors trailing off her shoulders, her spine, wafting around her fin. Dual eyes took in the others, hearing their own words, before finally, she moved forward, her eyes shimmering with an inner strength she pulled from the challenges she'd overcome as a creature of the oceans learning what it meant to be of both worlds. When she spoke, however, her words were more ritualized, her voice carrying on the sea breeze, echoing like a whale song to the goddess, to the others who might listen.

She wouldn't disappoint, because her strength had been earned.

"Vespera! My heart is the calm of the seas, but the tempest of the hurricane, sheltering our people within the Eye and casting out our foes with a protective embrace. I may not be of Terrastellan descent, but this land has breathed life back into me when I once thought all was lost. My wish now is to return that breath of life to the heart of this Court. I humbly place myself forward for your consideration."

She lowered her head, both eyes half closing before her goddess.

Her words spoke softer, more sincere, and for the goddess alone, "I might not be the best choice, I know many of my fellows who approach, and I know each of their hearts beat with the same passion as mine for this Court. I also willingly admit to not being the most devoted of followers to these islands, and a new face even if a more familiar one as the years have passed. I've walked these lands, and have grown to love Terrastella with all my heart, forsaking even the ocean to live within its boundaries. And even if another is chosen, my dedication to this Court will not waver. I see the strength we can produce in each of us who stand before you now."

She fell silent, stepping back, even as Yuki chirped from her back.

Bel smiled softly to her bonded before she stood tall, ready, willing to accept any judgment that may fall - for her favor, or against. Even if another was selected, it was to Terrastella that Bel belonged to now, and whether she was meant to lead or to follow another into the future of the Court, Below Zero would do it with pride. Because this court had been her saving grace, her peace, and her salvation when she thought she wasn't worthy of the very life she now had been granted.

"Bel"
Yukime

Notes:: <3

About the RPer

Thanks for auditioning! Let's start with your name.
Dyzzie

Great! How old are you?

Have you ever held a Position of Power before?
Not on Novus, but of off Novus - yes. I liked the ability to have a greater say in the plots and movement of the site forward, particularly around plots of the herd that my character had been King of. The issue I had the most problems with were more on the political side of things with some of the other players.

Have you read the Sovereign Rules?
Yes - Including refreshing myself with Dusk Court's attributes :P Just to make sure I remembered what they stood for

What aspect of Novus are you most excited about?
My favorite thing from the get-go has been the people, not just the members but even the openness of staff (Ink has been great about my many constant questions during character creations). It's a community of friends, and it shows, accepting others into the fold with no issues or problems - and I adore that <3

Sovereign Questions

Why would your character be a good candidate to lead the Court?
For those who know Below Zero, I'm sure you're familiar with her character, an individual who gave up everything for the love and support she felt for her sister, and couldn't stand to live in a herd that would cast a youth aside like dead weight. She stands for justice and the protection of others, to the point she is now working hard to unlock her own magic to further protect those who cannot protect themselves. She's a mare of mystery, who says little but means more, and tends to hide her secrets in a friendly personality that is always watching. She's the first to offer support, and will do anything for those she cares about - but also knows where caring can get yourself hurt. If chosen as lead, she will utilize all these skills to further protect and provide for Dusk Court, helping to protect those who can't protect themselves from their own bleeding hearts, and prove to Nocte that Terrastellans are more than just a modest, and loving people - and that those emotions can be one's biggest strength, for a warrior fights because they're commanded - but a protector, a lover, is fueled by those emotions, the fight to protect, and thus, they're stronger for - Bel is stronger for it. And in times of peace, she will laugh and relax with her people, sharing in the love and community that Dusk Court has become known for, empathetic to her people and support them every step of the way.

What would be their goals as Sovereign? What would they do with their new power?
Below Zero's primary focus would be to re-establish connections with the other Courts - form treaties as she can, and ensure peace for her people, but also to get a better grasp of knowledge for the political aspects of the Courts she previously wouldn't have access to. Once she would have knowledge of where her Court stands with the others, she would then be working to strength her community, building up Terrastella into a successful community of individuals who help each other, building up an army on stand by should others think those weakened by 'love' would be foolishly easy to conquer, and finally striving to promote peace with in her Court, and ensuring the happiness of each subject.

You've got us convinced. Is there anything else you'd like to add?
Bel is a character made by her experiences, and is constantly growing and developing, but one aspect of her stays the same - she is a wise individual who always strives to do her best for others (willing to even sacrifice herself for their own health and safety). In times of war, she'd be leading the army on the front lines, rather than conducting the players from a safer second location, and in times of peace, she'd be mingling with her people, treating them as fellow beings, rather than peasants beneath her.

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beyond the Horizon [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Atlas - 04-04-2021, 09:20 PM
RE: Beyond the Horizon [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Below Zero - 04-04-2021, 10:09 PM