Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - go to the light

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Scapeh [PM] Posts: 75 — Threads: 6
Signos: 645
Night Court Medic
Male [He/Him/His]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  18 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 22  |    Active Magic: N/A & N/A  |    Bonded: Noor (Irish Elk)

G A R E T H

The stallion was surprised when he saw the skeletal figure materialize in front of him. With her dull pelt in dusty hues, he should have been able to spot her easily against the thin blanket of white. He shook his head clear, trying to take in a deep breath and faltering just a bit. He offered a strained smile that didn’t quite reach his warm amber eyes. The colour of whiskey barrels he wished he kept on hand, something to soothe the pain buried deep inside. He cleared his throat and took in the mare’s visage once more. 

Luvena was still as sickly looking as when he had met her, but at least this go around she was steady on her feet. That kindled a quiet warmth in Gareth. The mare had proven to be much stronger than she lead on, and from what small conversation they had shared, she was a skilled healer. It pleased him greatly to see her now, and it was only at that thought that he realized that since ascending the mountains to wait for a woman who would never come, Noor had been his only company.  His pelt shivered, rolling across his spine and down his haunch to his knotted tail. 

“I actually keep a home fairly close to the court, but I like to come to the mountains on long expeditions for gathering materials.” He watched the woman’s two wolf cubs, bigger than he remembered, trying to shield her with their bodies. He coughed briefly, turning his sights back to the mare herself. “This last venture was of a more personal nature, and I’m afraid I lost track of the season.” Gareth tossed his head back towards the mountains. “She snuck up on me, and I am returning home quite a bit later than I had really intended.” 

He bowed his head to her, the free locks of his mane shifting along his neck and moving the thin gold chain that stayed there. It swayed for a moment as his boa remained arched, like a pendulum deciding whether or not to divine your fate. Then, as he righted himself, the pendant fell back against his chest and was still once more. “It’s really good that we ran into each other, Luvena. Otherwise your trek up the mountains might well have been for naught.” 

He glanced back to Noor, who offered nothing to the stallion and simply observed him. The winter chill had not been his friend, either, and the moss and lichen that dripped along his body had started to freeze. When the elk made no indication of his thoughts one way or the other, the stallion returned his gaze to the mare before him. He took a few steady strides to be at her side. 

“Walk with me back to civilization, and you can tell me all about what has brought you so far in such cruel weather.” This time his smile did reach his eyes and the warmth was a far better look on Gareth's features than the sunken and jaded expression she had first come across. 

"Speech" | Noor | @Luvena | notes

Messages In This Thread
go to the light - by Gareth - 04-04-2021, 09:39 PM
RE: go to the light - by Luvena - 04-05-2021, 09:15 PM
RE: go to the light - by Gareth - 04-05-2021, 09:46 PM
RE: go to the light - by Luvena - 04-06-2021, 08:16 AM