Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Healing Lessons

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

LUVENA
She nodded in approval, while drawing the curtains aside for the day “Truth be told I don’t think I would have if I weren’t so low on everything else. Meadowsweet would be better..” She hoped Polar North would be alright in here too. The room wasn’t exactly warm. While Luvena was cold, at the moment this was probably better for her anyways than curling up under pelts and raising her temperature any higher than it was. But she worried that for her friend it would cause her tail to flare up even worse than the winter already had it doing. She gestured to the pelts on her bed. “Help yourself to one of those if you get to cold” She offered raspily. It had come with the cough, and she hadn’t been able to shake it out of her voice. It cut through the regularly gentle cadence, making her sound more gruff than usual.

Her ears dropped slightly at the question, and she took in a deep breath. “Any stores are appreciated, but unless you have an unending supply of feverfew” She glanced too the jar, which only held a few leaves, “Or olive leaf… It won’t be enough to keep the stocks going through the rest of the winter. I can always use an extra set of hooves though. I’m…” She sighed, the stubborn part of her unwilling to give in, but the rest of her desperate for a break. “Tired” she finished finally, her words punctuated with another stifled cough. 

Eager to change the tone of the conversation, she nodded along. “Good” she started. “Even with those few herbs you can do a whole lot of good. Feverfew is versatile, as you now know” recalling their previous encounter. She could have done with some herself. “Lavender and chamomile have proven oddly useful this winter.  Mostly to ease the anxiety of family of patients. Sage for your common winter bugs… You may have gathered that mostly I treat illness… but on ocassion people come with injuries, and you’d be surprised how far a little seawater can take you. Thankfully that’s something I almost never run out of” She paused, trying to give the taller mare a moment to absorb what she was throwing at her. “And how have you fared all winter?”

@Polar North
"speech"
usually it starts
with a nightmare,
some sordid dream
that creeps in on a
saccharine song,
souring as it hits its peak.
table by karma, art by Minervas muse

Messages In This Thread
Healing Lessons - by Polar North - 04-05-2021, 04:56 PM
RE: Healing Lessons - by Luvena - 04-06-2021, 08:39 AM