Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - we both know i'm not what you need

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

While her words about Dusk never being home hurt, he could not fault her for it. Each court had different values, different people, different paces. Dusk was what called to him and he knew and understood that not everyone was called to Dusk as he was. He understood and accepted that fact, even though he now knew her affection for him was not enough to keep her near to him. "I don’t fault you, Luvena…" He didn’t blame her for being so far away. He didn’t necessarily use distance as an excuse for why their relationship wouldn’t work. Was it a factor, sure. But more than anything, he simply couldn’t give her all of him…something she deserved.

However, when she said that they never knew each other at all, it was like a dagger through the heart. He had listened to every word she said and held it so very dear. He had shared parts of himself that no one else knew. He felt as though she had discarded his own truths, diminishing his attempts to let her in…something that was very difficult for him.

Her words that she didn’t have the time to draw things out or make things work was hard to hear. It sounded as though she did not even want to put in the effort. There was a part of him that had truly hoped she would change her mind, that she would want to fight for them. Perhaps it would ignite a longing in him to make things work as well. But she wanted to give up so easily. "You give up so easily…" His words were soft, barely a whisper and not really meant for her to hear.

Her ultimatum was more than hurtful. It was like she had already stuck a dagger in him and now was slowly twisting it as to sever anything and everything in it’s path. "You know, it hurts to know that you believe I would just throw away a friendship faster than a used cigarette. We’ve been friends a long time and I have every intention of staying that way…but your words hurt." Was their friendship going through a rough patch, yes. Would they be able to survive it? He hoped so.

@Luvena

Messages In This Thread
we both know i'm not what you need - by Rhone - 04-06-2021, 02:34 PM
RE: we both know i'm not what you need - by Rhone - 04-08-2021, 05:27 PM
RE: we both know i'm not what you need - by Rhone - 05-11-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: we both know i'm not what you need - by Rhone - 06-07-2021, 11:58 AM