Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - i'm a deer caught in headlights

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

The hour was far too early, the sun still tucked away beyond the horizon. Most Terrastellians still lay cozy in their beds, staring at the back of their eyelids. Fires were beginning to go out, most turned into nothing but coals. And yet, despite the stillness of the morning, Rhone was happy.

There was something about the beauty of a winter morning, the way a fresh blanket of snow seemed to settle over the citadel. The air was crisp and cool, but the wind was nowhere to be found. The birds were just beginning to sing as very few Terrastellians were already beginning their mornings. It was quiet and beautiful and just what Rhone loved.

And yet, here he was, meandering the streets looking for any excuse to not be stuck in the citadel. While he loved and appreciated his new role as Sovereign, he needed a break from scanning the archives. He loved his people more than he loved studying and to him, being out amongst his court seemed a far better use of his time than hunched up in the stuffy library with only a crackling fire and a mouse to keep him company.

With a smile, Rhone turned the corner, not really expecting anyone to be out and about this early in the morning. What he hadn’t expected was the army to be out running drills this early in the frigged winter morning. So naturally, when he rounded the corner rather quickly, he nearly ran right smack into one of the many soldiers who just happened to be there. "My apologies…" He thought he had been traveling slow enough to avoid any run ins and yet, here he was. He must have been moving faster than he originally thought since he nearly ran over the sorrel and white fellow.

Liam. He recognized the man from the meeting with Vespera. "Liam, is it?" He offered the man a soft smile before he turned his body more square so that he could talk to the man face-to-face instead of at an angle. "I hope I didn’t interrupt…" Always a kind fellow, Rhone’s first instinct was to apologize for getting in the man’s way.

@Liam

Messages In This Thread
i'm a deer caught in headlights - by Rhone - 05-11-2021, 03:19 PM
RE: i'm a deer caught in headlights - by Liam - 07-16-2021, 11:37 PM