Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I'll deceive my way straight to demise

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

Warmth rolled off the other woman in waves. It wasn’t the same as the heat that she often gave off herself. Not the feverish clammy kind of warmth that felt sickening on either end. And it wasn’t the ashen blaze that Obyana had emitted either. All fury and rage. (Once she had mistaken it for passion). 

No

This warmth was more like that of the hearths she’d laid by so many times in her youth. Or the joyous bonfires lit in the outer ring, with campfire songs, and careless dancing. It was smoldering, and though not quite soft… comforting all the same.  

She could feel the tension leaving Israfel, almost all at once. There had seemed to be almost an alarming amount of it, all gone as the blazing woman softened under her embrace. “You’re okay,” she murmured again. 

She watched as the other laid down. She had never seen her move in any way that wasn’t coordinated and purposeful. It made her heart flutter, to see that she was just as normal as the rest of them. That she felt safe enough here to show it. Or maybe Luvena was just looking too much into it, and Isra was just too tired to care. 

She sipped her own tea as she joined Isra on the small bed, wrinkling her nose slightly at the bitter taste of steeped feverfew, waiting for it to kick in and quell the pain that was starting to bloom in her head. She hesitated for a moment, before curling herself into Isra’s side. Partly for warmth, but mostly… mostly to know what it was like to be close to her. (Though if asked, she would use the warmth as an excuse)

Oh and how quickly she knew that it was good. Even as she could feel the mare's heart hammering there was something so utterly calm about being near her. And vulnerable. As if the facade she’d seen upon every other meeting had crumbled, leaving a woman who cared far too much about everyone but herself. They were certainly alike in that sense.

Luvena flinched slightly as she saw the cup wobble in the air, bracing herself for the sound of shattering ceramic. It didn’t come though, instead only the small tap of it against the stone reached her. She softened at Israfels words, pressing her nose into her shoulder. “You don’t have to apologize,” she reassured. "You never have to apologize. not for caring"
She fell silent for a few moments then. Pondering her words. “You know I died once?” she started. “Not here. In Elysium, in the desert. I was done nursing my son, and that’s all I’d been promised. I’d accepted it. That fate would take me. It didn’t though. Someone decided that it was not my time, and I lived in eternity, for a little while. When Elysium fell, it did too.” She paused, remembering briefly what that had been like, to waltz around in a body strong enough to sustain her. “And yet I’m still here, and I don’t intend to leave anytime soon” she smiled. 

“Though I suppose we should both stop prancing around in the worst summer storms I’ve ever seen.”

@Israfel
"Speech." | @'Name'

?

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'll deceive my way straight to demise - by Luvena - 08-10-2021, 10:52 PM