Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Long, long road

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
hey, say you got a long, long road you're travellin'
so just follow that track, send a postcard back
and you'll be okay
She smiled slightly, softly at the sound of a familiar voice greeting her name.

The door swung open and she was glad to see her friend in well health, Or, well for Luvena anyways. Caelum was aware of her ailments, and it broke the fae's heart to know she had no way of helping, assisting, properly aiding. Lu was a medic herself, she'd tried anything she might recommend. The other was quick to usher her inside, though Caelum's eyes widened as two dogs winded through her limbs, surprising her, even as she lowered her nose to delicately snuffle at the dogs. Her wings launched her through the air, limbs tucking up against her body so she could clear the dogs without any risk to their bodies from a wayward hoof (even if hers were far more delicate than the average horse her size). She landed on the other side, "Such a set of greeters you have for visitors. What are their names?" She asked curiously.

She tilted her head at her friend's next words, an eyebrow raised.

"Stories? I am sure I have a few I can share, but of course, I am going to bring you back something, amice carissime meus." She mused, shaking her head, "I will tell you of my travels in a bit, but first!" The mare pulled out four tiny glass collecting jars, carefully preserving the fresh herbs inside, "Patchouli, antibacterial and anti-fungal. There are seeds in the bottom for growing it as it will also keep insects away. It also can be used for nausea, headaches, and even colds - perfect for this coming fall! She state, pushing one of the larger bottles of rolled, broad-shaped leaves forward. Touching the next bottle, she tilted her head, "Mullein. This one was a bit harder to find, as it requires certain types of soil conditions. However, it helps greatly with issues in the lungs. Whether a cough, breathing issues, or even just soothing soreness with the breath, it works like a trick." She explained, peering down at the hairy-looking leaves carefully layered into the bottle. The next bottle was nosed, filled to the brim with small white flowers and tiny leaves, "Brahmi, it is an herb that combats many things, such as anxiety, stress, as well as a potential help for memory issues and stomach ailments, as well as helping with shakes and seizures, as well as central nervous issues." She finally motioned to the smallest jar filled with thin, fern-like leaves, as well as seeds. "Sweet Annie, often overlooked by many in our field, because this is more for us than patience. It can help with fevers, and colds, when taken as tea, or used to reduce boils and abscesses as a poultice, but its real trick is as a pesticide and insect repellent. It is another one that you can put up around gardens, and in your home." She uncorked the lid, so her friend could get a scent of the sweet, fragrant plant that her people once used to freshen up their homes, and keep out pesky biting insects, "It . . . was a favorite of my people. Everyone grew it. It keeps homes smelling nice, but the way it keeps out nasty insects is even better." She added softer, quieter.

She fell quiet, before taking out another package from her bag.

This one was carefully tied up, and as she untied it, she turned it so her friend could see the odd colored herbs, "These are seeds . . . from a few different types of vine fruit from my homelands . . . I do not dare give you the actual fruit, it is . . . not safe to eat food I give you, but seeds you can grow yourself is fine. Many have odd healing abilities, but mostly they are just delicious and something new to eat." When she looked up at Luvena, her face was ashen, her voice quieter, lower, "Lu . . . I . . . I went home . . . It was . . . It doesn't get easier, does it? Seeing it like that? But . . . I wanted to see it, I needed to check on it . . . They . . . They're calling me their Queen. Those monsters that destroyed my kingdom aren't gone either. They constantly are returning . . . Fresh bodies, of my people, and of them. It's like a wasteland that keeps getting pillaged. What kind of Queen abandons her home? What does that make me?" The words fell quietly from the fae's muzzle, words she couldn't even say to Coy, she shared with the only individual who would likely understand.

She shook her head, a soft huff, before forcing a fake smile.

"It wasn't all bad travels, though. Some of my lands is flourishing once more. New plant life taking over the old kingdom the pa-palace . . ." She twisted her muzzle, "I picked some of the flowers for my parents graves . . . . and . . . for Convallis." She didn't know what was harder, visiting Convallis's grave, or not being able to visit a resting space for Tremaine. Both memories plagued her heart in a way she didn't like talking about, her little infant foal who barely had a chance to learn what it meant to be alive, and her other half, her dark, handsome stallion, stolen from her even when they fought so desperately together. Losing Arson was hard. Calico's death was hard, but she struggled to heal over losing Tremaine, so long ago - the only stallion so far she had found to love her so fully. Arson had been a first love, fragile and young. Calico they were more akin to partners than mates. But Tremaine had been special. He remained special just as Convallis did. Con was her firstborn, her precious son stolen too early, and like Tremaine's death, that wasn't something you forgot.

Caelum had to bury that pain again, she just didn't want to deal with it yet.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Luvena
Notes: Swapping of Recipes and Samples! Brewing buddies man! 

hey, say you got a long, long road you're travellin'
and if you feel unsure, well i been there before
and you'll be okay now
art by bingo

Messages In This Thread
Long, long road - by Caelum - 08-20-2021, 07:13 PM
RE: Long, long road - by Luvena - 08-20-2021, 09:04 PM
RE: Long, long road - by Caelum - 08-20-2021, 10:44 PM
RE: Long, long road - by Luvena - 08-22-2021, 10:13 PM
RE: Long, long road - by Caelum - 08-22-2021, 10:34 PM
RE: Long, long road - by Luvena - 08-23-2021, 05:36 PM
RE: Long, long road - by Caelum - 08-26-2021, 11:59 PM