Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Long, long road

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

LUVENA
She couldn’t help a small laugh as she watched the fae lift herself over the unruly pair. “Yara and Mithra” she replied with a gentle smile, her voice still rougher than she’d like it. It seemed the adjustment was here to stay.  “I picked them last fall as pups. They’re… pets I suppose. Not like a bonded…” she trailed off, her face falling for just a moment. Picoro had not rejoined her since the spring. She was beginning to think he never would. Quickly she picked her mood back up. “But loved all the same” 

She brightened upon seeing the herbs, some of which she recognized, but hadn’t had access to in years. Others that were new to her. The scent of Patchouli warmed the whole room. She touched her nose gently to Caelum’s shoulder. “Thank you. These will all be useful come the next winter.” 

She listened quietly as the woman’s tone fell, her own head falling slightly as it went on. She shook her head. “No” she murmured softly. “No it never does” She thought of Herstial often. Of how she’d failed her people, of how she’d left them with a land full of ashes, centuries of prosperity. Gone in one day, burned to the ground. Her loved ones gone with it. “You went back” she tried to comfort. “I never have… I-” she paused. “I never will. I don’t…” Luvena shook her head again “I won’t be well enough ever again to make this a round trip” 

She rested her head just on Caelum’s withers as she finished. Knowing that nothing she could say in response would quell that pain.  She sighed gently while Caelum mentioned her son. Thinking of her own boys. How Liatris always smelled of red sands and cardamom, after a day of being in the center of the waste with Cavalier. Or how Eremurus always had that mischievous grin on his face. How she would probably never see either of them again.

She took a step back, tilting her head for a moment. “Stay for the afternoon? I could use some help preparing a few pickup bundles”

@Caelum
"speech"
usually it starts
with a nightmare,
some sordid dream
that creeps in on a
saccharine song,
souring as it hits its peak.
table by karma, art by Minervas muse

Messages In This Thread
Long, long road - by Caelum - 08-20-2021, 07:13 PM
RE: Long, long road - by Luvena - 08-20-2021, 09:04 PM