Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Long, long road

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
hey, say you got a long, long road you're travellin'
so just follow that track, send a postcard back
and you'll be okay
She smiled at the canines, her expression warm, amused.

Their names were given, and she tilted her head as her friend explained where they came from, before she noticed the face fall at the mention of bonded. Cael didn't know that connection, she didn't have one herself, but she froze, her gaze moving over, noticing the lack of a certain slow-moving friend. Picoro? Her gaze softened, turning towards her friend, "They are precious . . . I have never had a bonded myself. Likely a good thing truly . . . . I am not very good luck for anything that loves me deeply, after all. Cursed, really." Her tone shifted towards the end, self-depricated, and she winced, "I apologize, I forget myself with you." Her apology was quick, as if to dismiss her words, not wanting it looked into deeply.

Not wanting her friend to try to convince her otherwise.

I am far better off alone, regardless. Friends are fine. I can keep them at some distance . . . Most of them. I have gotten complacent with Luvena, however. I should take more care in keeping a respectable distance. I cannot bear the thought of losing anyone else. It would be more beneficial for both of us, if I remember my distance. I cannot lose another loved one. She distracted herself with the herbs, smiling at her friend's expression, at her words when she touched her shoulder.

Her laugh was soft, warm, understanding.

"Please, there is no need to thank me. I am far better as a supplier than a medicine mare myself. But these will certainly aid in the winter, and we can never be certain of the severity until it hits. Far more proper to prepare for the worst now, when we might not need it." Caelum stated gently, breathing in the Patchouli herself, before her mood had to sour, she had to tell the truth, where she was.

It was so hard to remember, so hard to embrace.

The land in ruin. Buildings crumbled. Fresh signs of fighting. The painted words supporting her. She'd been frightened to go to the graves of her son, past loves, her parents - worried they'd be in disarray, and had been so thankful that this was not the case. She breathed softly though, pushing past these thoughts, past it all, trying to find a center in this world. Luvena. The dogs. Herself. Here. "It was . . . difficult. But . . . I wanted to bring something of home back with me." She mumbled quietly.

The fae looked up, smiling softly - painfully.

"I am coming into the rights of the fae, I would have needed to return regardless to pay my respects." She mumbled, remembering when she'd felt pain when she'd brushed against a bit of iron, her sudden heightened self-healing ability; proof she'd come into her immortality. Her magic would flare out eventually, even now she could feel it pulsing under her skin, waiting to be released, for her to reach that point. To be a proper fae steed of her people. She let herself focus on those thoughts, pulling away from the past.

The offer took her by surprise, but she nodded.

"Of course, I am always happy to offer my assistance, Lu. Where shall I begin?" She immediately asked, even as her wings flattened against her spine, and her hair was lifted telepathically, twining around itself, tying off with a lose lock of hair, so the long, flowing locks where tied out of her face, and out of the way.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Luvena
Notes: I adore them :) Such good friends

hey, say you got a long, long road you're travellin'
and if you feel unsure, well i been there before
and you'll be okay now
art by bingo

Messages In This Thread
Long, long road - by Caelum - 08-20-2021, 07:13 PM
RE: Long, long road - by Luvena - 08-20-2021, 09:04 PM
RE: Long, long road - by Caelum - 08-20-2021, 10:44 PM