Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Long, long road

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
hey, say you got a long, long road you're travellin'
so just follow that track, send a postcard back
and you'll be okay
Caelum silently turned to stare at her friend in disbelief.

Find someone? "Lu . . . I did, it did not end well. Multiple times." The fairy made a face, shaking back the ivory forelock with a huff of air, "A thousand lifetimes, or a hundred thousand lifetimes, I just do not believe I can go through that again. Fight for all you have, and still watch the one you love fade in front of you." The echo of the fearful 'Mommy' flew through her head. The image of Trey's pleading eyes as he shouted for her to run, to get to safety, as she ignored him to fight by his side. The two whose memories haunted her the most. She couldn't lose it all again, "I am perfectly fine by myself, anyway. I have you, right? Maybe your friendship is all I need!" The mare stated with a final nod as if that would answer any problem.

Perhaps she was just afraid to give her heart away again.

History had a tendency to repeat itself, and she was terrified of loving and losing for the fourth time. No, being alone was better. Easier. She didn't need some red string forcing her to settle down with someone else. She had found a love of a lifetime, and it had been stolen from her by the cruelty of another. Not even Calico had been able to heal the loss of Tremaine, even if Convallis had helped. His youthful innocence. The love in his eyes was almost instinctual for her. Losing him had destroyed her. Losing him had shattered her heart. And she couldn't find all the pieces anymore.

She tilted her head when her friend spoke.

Her muzzle twisted softly, downcast, "Well, let us keep this one from being that degree of bad. I might not treat others, but I am always happy to make sure we have all the medicinal herbs we could possibly need for Denoctians. If you start to run low on anything - you let me know as soon as possible, and I will be sure to fetch you what you need to keep your cupboards stocked, not just for the others, but for yourself as well." Her expression shifted, turning a touch more selfish, "You will have to forgive me for being unwilling to let you suffer this winter either. I am afraid I have gotten a touch possessive with the companions . . . the friends I do have."

She said this with a shrug, unapologetic.

She did eagerly turn towards the task of making bundles, reading over the paper, and forcing herself not to tut-tut at the messiness of the writing. She did move with an ease around the work room, however; gathering each item with ease, as she began to hum quietly beneath her breath, laying out packaging and carefully preparing each bundle with the proper measuring of each ingredient. "It has been coming . . . ." She replied as she worked, laughing lightly, "And I can hardly blame you for not stopping by. I have been terribly busy with getting it set up, regardless. I would have been a horrendous host. I shall be sure to send you an invitation when I am certain I am prepared to fully open my doors. I hope it will be successful, I worry how many will be interested in wandering that far out of the way for a mere cup of tea." She sighed as she wrapped up a bundle, setting it off to the side before beginning on the next.

In truth, there was also a slight fear about her shop.

Setting down roots is what this would mean. She was letting roots settle her into Denocte. And she hoped it wouldn't back fire on her next time. "I am going to need to make the acquaintance of carpenter at some point however. I have rudimentary cupboards set in place at the moment, but my vision is not nearly so plain. And I would also greatly enjoy having tables around for gathering, as well as artistically created places to sit, or lay down and read, or just to relax in the sun with a cup of tea. I am certainly not a seamstress, and should probably not be trusted to carve any sort of furniture. It is why I am opening a tea shop, not a furniture store, or textile center." She added with a slight laugh.

"Of course, if you do choose to stop by, your tea is on the owner. I hear she is very considerate like that.."

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Luvena
Notes: I adore them :) Such good friends

hey, say you got a long, long road you're travellin'
and if you feel unsure, well i been there before
and you'll be okay now
art by bingo

Messages In This Thread
Long, long road - by Caelum - 08-20-2021, 07:13 PM
RE: Long, long road - by Luvena - 08-20-2021, 09:04 PM
RE: Long, long road - by Caelum - 08-20-2021, 10:44 PM