Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Long, long road

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

LUVENA
She let a sigh escape her lips, shook her head. “Sometimes… what we think is best for our people, what we think is selfless… putting them first, is the worst thing we can do. It’s what got my family killed” She turned her head away for a moment. Having been darker then she intended. “Caelum you can’t… You can’t just live your life keeping yourself from the good things because you think you don’t deserve them.” She was a hypocrite, truly. Had she not done the same thing for years now?

“Oh well what do you expect me to say! Hello woman, I think you’re very pretty and I might just like you a little bit like a love struck filly!” She snorted indignantly “I can’t just…” If she could have blushed in the moment she would have.
She paused. Lowering her head for a moment before looking to the fae. “Caelum she’s… she’s gorgeous, and strong. And I’m…” she stopped. Rarely did she think of herself this way. As something lesser.  “Well. I’m not exactly the picture of health, or beauty” She though of her patchy coat, of the limp mane and tail that hung off her. “But… theres something about her… I don’t know. She just feels good. I don’t know if even Cavailier felt this good... “ she laughed briefly “And I carried children with her” 

She touched her muzzle gently to the smaller mares shoulder. “He will always be with you” she murmured. “Just as Liatris and Eremurus are always with me somehow” and io she thought. Her best friend, her sister who had died, and left her with the weight of the world on her shoulders.

“Oh well in that case I’ll have to send Polar North to come pillage your wares then I suppose” she bantered right back. “Thank you. Truly. Hopefully though, this winter will be kinder then the last.” 

She nodded. “When mine came… well I never had the magic. But it was so strange to feel… I don’t know how to describe it, it was like… the whole universe was being funnelled into me, trickling in bit by bit. Until I was a part of it and it was a part of me. Indistinguishable.” she looked to Caelum. “You’ll figure it out. If anyone could heal through a glance it would be you”

“Yes we must!” and with that she started stacking the piles of packages. “I’ve a trip to make to the market now if you’d like to join me?” she opened the door, ready to continue the day.

OOC: this seems like a decent place to close?
@Caelum
"speech"
usually it starts
with a nightmare,
some sordid dream
that creeps in on a
saccharine song,
souring as it hits its peak.
table by karma, art by Minervas muse

Messages In This Thread
Long, long road - by Caelum - 08-20-2021, 07:13 PM
RE: Long, long road - by Luvena - 08-20-2021, 09:04 PM