Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Children's Surrender

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
i'm going home, gonna load my shotgun
wait by the door and light a cigarette
if he wants a fight, well, now he's got one
Time had escaped from her when she wasn't looking.

Perhaps that was the punishment for keeping one's self busy? Or perhaps it was just another passing day, another day in what would amount to an infinite lifetime. Another day of her being alive and still wading her way through life, while the reasons she had once lived now reside 8 feet under. Caelum had made so much progress to move on prior to her return to her home, her place of origin. But since venturing there and back, the old wounds has reopened. What she thought had been healed was really just stitched together and then covered by an obscure memory of something unrelated. It left those wounds raw, gaping, and painful now that each stitch had been ripped out, and she was picking up the piece.

Thankfully, she didn't have to pick them up alone.

Luvena understood more than most, and for that fact, Caelum was grateful to the fellow medic who she would consider a friend. And of course, Coyotl was a close friend of hers from childhood - and refused to let her wallow when he could help. But other times, Caelum knew she just needed to be alone . . . She wasn't sure when that had migrated into a life of border-line solitude however. Even her tea shop, despite her advertising about it was out in the middle of no where, off of the distant shores of vitreus lake. A home that doubled as a shop that served teas and pastries, as well as a collection of medicinal rememedies that had been carefully manufactured by herself.

As a medical supplier, her preference had always been brewing the medicine.

She had become antisocial after the loss of Calico, and her beloved little baby; and the idea of actually treating others was as unsatisfactory as the idea of forming deep bonds with others. What a foolish beast she was. The fae steed was supposed to rule over her race, but with the destruction of her people, her home, her family, she'd ran away. She'd hidden in Denocte where no one knew who she was, what her story was, and she kept hiding. She kept living in the shadows, a shade of the radiant princess she had been in her youth.

Deep down, she knew it was foolish.

But it felt so much safer, and she was tired of hiding and trying to escape those memories, the past that continued to repeat. How long was she expected to form close relations only for them to be ripped from her violently when she foolishly thought she could finally be happy. She did worry over her cynical distance in which she had begun to view her life, however, and it made her worry about what her life might have next in store for her. Going down in history as a no name? A basic tea shop owner that was the extra in everyone else's story? She had immortality in front of her, but was her story already over?

She took in a steadying breath.

Eyes closed, she held it as she counted to five before releasing it. She needed to stop letting herself sink into these thoughts. Instead, the mare took off through the sky, delicate wings beating easily, keeping her aloof as fairy dust trailed behind her. It was rare moments like this that could still produce the smile she held in her youth - wind rushing through ivory locks, as the blue roan dived through the air, twirling as if dancing with the wind itself. It was always more peaceful as night came in, the moon rising above, shining with a cool warmth that promised to hide your secrets.

She had to keep herself from laughing.

She caught a breeze, and she allowed herself to drift, angling towards the ground, landing with a few steps as she stretched out, glancing around at the quiet prairie, about to dismiss it as unexciting when an unfamiliar figure caught her attention. THere was a hesitancy that came from age, but she approached when she caught the scent of Denocte on the stranger, so it was a member of her court (although, she would be the first to admit to knowing very few in Denocte, too focused on building up her teashop.

Her approach was cautious.

She couldn't deny herself caution, she'd seen how quick an individual could flip, but how else was she going to make a living if she kept hiding away and no one knew her, knew of her shop? So instead, her voice carried over the distance, polite and cultured, betraying a privileged up bringing for those who recognize the tone, "Hello. I apologize if I am intruding. I do not believe we have met." The words delicately drifted through the air, her tone light, breezy; "My name is Caelum." Simple enough, polite, but to the point. And if he wasn't the talkative type, it'd give an easy way for him to walk out of the conversation with a mere good bye. Offering conversation with out demanding it be upheld.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Boleyn
Notes: Hope you don't mind me jumping in ;)

and he ain't seen me crazy yet
he slapped my face and he shook me like a ragdoll
don't that sound like a real man?
art by bingo

Messages In This Thread
Children's Surrender - by Boleyn - 08-26-2021, 11:04 PM
RE: Children's Surrender - by Caelum - 08-26-2021, 11:38 PM
RE: Children's Surrender - by Boleyn - 08-29-2021, 07:00 PM
RE: Children's Surrender - by Caelum - 08-29-2021, 08:46 PM
RE: Children's Surrender - by Boleyn - 09-10-2021, 09:44 PM
RE: Children's Surrender - by Caelum - 09-10-2021, 11:41 PM