Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Children's Surrender

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Linds [PM] Posts: 7 — Threads: 2
Signos: 260
Night Court Soldier
Male [He/Him/His]  |  13 [Year 497 Fall]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

BOLEYN

Life was something of a carousel upon which the flashy, brightly painted horses turned about endlessly, one by one. In moments of sheer realization I was certain that I knew how similarly my outlook regarding life mimicked the infinite turning of the proverbial wheel... But it still took immeasurable effort for me to recognize that. Perhaps that was why I had never strayed from the antiquated ideas “endeared” to me as a child. After all, my father had been something of a conventional creature himself, not that I lauded him for it by any means. However, I had grown up one way and been pressed upon to accept a customary set of ideals as a male and as a soldier. I had been molded to be loyal, responsible… and fucking utterly unerring. It was something that I had matured into believing, even when little flowers thought they were powerful enough to uproot oak trees.

--
It was a dizzyingly pleasant experience to witness amusement morph into incredulity and it was even more enticing when it was flashing in various shades of umber beneath my blossom’s heavy lashes. She was eloquent and astute, but neither of those surfacing traits was quite so fascinating as the underlying affront she had carefully woven between her words in response to my abrasiveness. Perhaps she was more of a rose than any regular old bloom… beautiful, but also capable of wounding those who gripped her too tightly. However, I wasn’t one to shy away from cuts or bruises - in fact, her spirit only served to bolster my attention tenfold.

Fairly new would be a great assumption, in this case, I think,” I challenged with a self-assured uptick of a smile - one to mimic her own chagrined amusement. It was between that smile and my next breath that I altered my own bodily focus, shifting and smoothing until I faced her wholly, my focus unwavering. I watched her face with unnerving intensity, my eyes tracing the swells and dips of her brows down to her chin as she attempted to spew her kind-hearted venom at me like it would perturb me or curb my brash behaviors. It almost made me chuckle in response. Didn’t she know it would take quite the backbone to impress change upon someone so set in their ways as I? Yet, I could give credit where credit was due in Caelum’s case, even if I didn’t believe a single thing about nature’s given “scent” being able to define someone as belonging to her little tribe. If I’d had enough incentive to teach her a lesson, I might implant myself elsewhere for a few weeks and see if my scent was as inviting to her as it was now.

Sounds like a kink to me,” I teased with a cocky grin. “Awful nice of you to offer yourself up as the welcoming committee though. But, I am hoping this is more of a one-off for you and not the standard,” I mused thoughtfully. “Otherwise, I wouldn’t be too lucky now would I?

I watched with eager fascination as she focused those fathomless eyes back on me, a newly kindled fire blazing within their amber depths. At least my little blossom was fearless, even when she was quite clearly offended by me. Cute. As if to further my point, she extended those beautifully impossible wings to claw her way upward into the heated airspace before me, both a threat and a show of power. If she had wanted my full appreciation, all she had to do was ask. “I would think that someone of your profession would require more protection, don’t you think? Can’t have a fighting force without someone to heal them right? You can be as tough as you want darling, but at the end of the day you’ve got an army here and I’m a part of it. Logic dictates that I protect you,” I explained with a deadpan expression. “Although, I’ll gladly get in the ring with you if you’d like to brush up on some of those skills, “ I finished with a wink and slow, carnivorous smile. Clearly, my flower had learned a thing or two.I had no doubt of it. But I wasn’t about to let her think she was capable of dismissing me either. It just wasn’t the way I had been raised.

I’d been taught that males fought, died, and endeavored to protect everything within their Kingdom. Period.

Shaking my head to rid myself of the memories brought on by the past, I focused back on the little petal of a mare that had well and truly captured my interest. I wouldn’t ever go so far as letting her know she’d enamored me, but it was enough to allow her a taste of my delight as I peered back at her with open curiosity. Her smile was breathtaking, a balm to the grim, tight-lipped faces of my family too many miles away, and I was content to drown in it. “Donocte is as fine a place as I could imagine. I don’t doubt that its members are quite talented if you’re anything to go by. I’m sure I’ll manage to acclimate just fine over the next few weeks. Make the rounds. Learn some names,” I assured her more seriously. It was my job after all. However, that was all white noise in comparison to what I’d learned about Caelum the petal thereafter. She certainly never ceased to amuse (me at least). “You got a tea shop?” I questioned more forcefully than I’d meant to. If a blossom this pretty could fly, fight, and hold herself in a battle of wills against me, then surely she could brew some delightfully magical tea. Now I needed to experience it for studious purposes and the like. “Invite me to your shop sometime. I’ve got an affinity for it.

It was a lie. I’d never had goddamn tea. But hey, sometimes we had to ingest some mysterious-ass shit to impress a pretty female. Plus, it was a good way of scoping out her herbal knowledge. Couldn’t ever be too careful… especially when I’d managed to potentially piss off the first creature I'd met with knowledge of the various poisons that might make me fucking disappear.

Playlist:
The Curse - Agnes Obel
Power Over Me - Dermot Kennedy
Lifeline - Bad Wolves
The Breach - STARSET

OOC: Lord. I don’t even know. x.x

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Children's Surrender - by Boleyn - 08-26-2021, 11:04 PM
RE: Children's Surrender - by Caelum - 08-26-2021, 11:38 PM
RE: Children's Surrender - by Boleyn - 08-29-2021, 07:00 PM
RE: Children's Surrender - by Caelum - 08-29-2021, 08:46 PM