Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Forgive my Transgressions

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o

kiss me goodbye, i'm defying gravity
i think i'll try defying gravity
and you won't bring me down
The emotions were high, she could feel it, sense it, like a powerful whirlwind threatening to take her under, drown her in a current she couldn't overcome. His shout had her startle, freeze, surprise. Sure, she'd wondered on occasion, but he'd never really said anything, made any sort of move, and she'd written it off, but this time, it was right there, in her face, and she felt herself freeze, she felt her heart patter against her chest, but it was past tensed . . . Wanted, not want. Wanted.

He didn't stop the onslaught, and she flinched, looking away from him, unsure of how to respond, what to say. It was never about him being Shard or not being Shard. You can't compare the moon to the sun . . . You can't compare night to day. She wanted to reach out to him, wanted to touch him. His words continued to flay the wounds he'd laid into her soul, and her gaze lowered slightly, her ears falling flat, finned edges brushing against the sealed edge of her gills. "You're an idiot!" The shout left her before she could stop herself, and she flinched, suddenly swallowing around the lump growing in her throat, "Why, why would I ever compare who you are to who he was." She asked quieter, softer this time, "How do you compare two beings who are on completely different levels . . ." She looked up at him, suddenly vulnerable, afraid. "Shard . . . he couldn't compare to you . . . even on his best day."

Those words of her sister suddenly came back. Yuki's comments of her mate. Her sister's comments of her stallion, and she shushed those thoughts away. She was denying it for so long, what was wrong with denying it further, to keep pushing it back, to keep going the other way, trying to find another route, another avenue, another way to think, to see this. He spoke again, and it offered her the distraction she wanted, and when he took a step forward, she felt her heart start to pick up again, the space suddenly feeling too far between them.

"Don't . . . don't say that, Sol . . . no . . . I'd . . . I'd never ask that of you, I'd never want that of you." But his words had awoken something deeper down, him saying the words, offering the choices that Shard wouldn't give her, and suddenly it felt too real, too much, too. . . he was there, his touch, warm against her skin, and she didn't hesitate, returning the embrace, eyes squeezed shut as she felt the familiar heat against her skin, the slight sizzle when the water vapors met his higher than normal temperature. "You mean it?" Her voice was quiet, hesitant, as she turned her head, looking up at him, "You . . . meant what you said." She couldn't get the words out, to admit it out loud, that what he'd said was real.

But a smile, a scared but pleased smile was stretching on her muzzle. "I . . . this is . . . this is a lot to take in. . . " A lot she had ignored, had written off, had assumed was nothing. Silently she could hear Yuki smirking, could almost sense the 'I told you so' that would come later. "I'm sorry too . . . I should have . . . I should have realized . . . known that there would be more to the reason."

She finally pulled back, backing a few steps away, so she could walk around his side, expertly weaving her way through his wings, her fins flattening to allow his wings to rest over her spine as she peered at his back, "Uhm . . . Sol . . . Where, and why; did you steal a pup?" She finally asked, tearing her gaze away from the filly to stare at her . . . at . . . at Sol, letting the distraction, the change of topic happen, so she could have a little more time to adjust to what he said . . . Because somewhere along the way, so distracted by the moon's shine . . . she had overlooked the fact it had been borrowing that light from her sun.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes::

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
Forgive my Transgressions - by Sol Bestiam - 09-02-2021, 08:56 PM
RE: Forgive my Transgressions - by Below Zero - 09-02-2021, 09:16 PM
RE: Forgive my Transgressions - by Sol Bestiam - 09-02-2021, 09:35 PM
RE: Forgive my Transgressions - by Below Zero - 09-02-2021, 10:10 PM
RE: Forgive my Transgressions - by Sol Bestiam - 09-02-2021, 10:31 PM
RE: Forgive my Transgressions - by Below Zero - 09-02-2021, 11:05 PM