Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Forgive my Transgressions

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o

kiss me goodbye, i'm defying gravity
i think i'll try defying gravity
and you won't bring me down
Things were suddenly changing, changing faster than she had planned, faster than she was prepared for. Faster than she was expecting. It was like her world was being transformed, warped before her eyes. Up was down, the sea was land, and friendship was something else entirely. But deep in her heart, should she be surprise, hadn't this happened before. Hadn't she been thrown for a loop when Shard had expressed interest in Courtship, because they'd been friends previously, for too long, for so long. And, didn't that make it all the scarier. Just like Shard, a friend, a best friend was changing the rules of the game, and she found herself searching desperately for a rule book she didn't have.

A rule book she didn't need. But she wasn't ready for that thought yet. Wasn't ready to consider what may or may not be blooming in her own heart. She could barely keep track of what was happening here, now, with this, with him, and his words, his feelings. His words were a murmur, and it hurt her to think she might have been misled, that Shard was still getting in the way of her happiness even now. That his memory, his actions and inactions, their broken, incomplete bond and his betrayal could cause this proud stallion to look like a kicked puppy waiting to be shoved into a bag and thrown down the river. Sweet seastars . . . . What do you do in this situation.

But, what else do you do when the world is crumbling around you than try to find firm ground, and when it comes to it, Sol had been her firm ground for a long time now. "You're right." The words were soft, forlorn, almost disappointed (in herself at that). "I've been so focused on what he did, what he made me feel . . ." She admitted, turning her gaze up at him, uncertain, lost in a vortex, a whirl pool with out a life raft, and her fins not working.

Even now that fear of what Shard put her through was making her all the more afraid. How could she ever asking him to leave his court, his world, his god. Sol was as devote as anyone she'd ever seen, Oriens was his everything . . . how could she ask him to abandon him, abandon that? For her? "Why would you mean it, why would you offer me something like that . . . Why?" Why was she so important . . . oh. Oh. . . . Oh . . . OH! Her eyes were wide, her heart was hammering in her chest, "You . . . You . . . are you sure?" She blurted out, before she could stop herself.

Well, way to sound like a guppy in front of a shark, "I mean, why would you do that?! Why would you love me? I'm a mess, thoughts and feelings as tangled up as seaweed in a current. You could do so much better than me, so, so much better. You deserve the sun and stars . . . and I'm just a ripple in the ocean." She shook her head, looking up at the stallion that had come to mean so much for her, so much she couldn't even sort through all those thoughts, all those emotions. "Sol . . . Sol, this is just . . . just a lot. So, so much to take in, I can't even keep my thoughts straight . . . I, I honestly don't know what to say . . . I'm . . . feeling a little lost, out at sea, at the moment. I . . . can you give me some time? Please?" Time to think, time to work through it all, time to just think, focus, sort through her thoughts, emotions, feelings . . . .

"Just a little time, so I know where I stand in all of this, you . . . well, to be frank, Sol, you caught me off guard, and I'm a little bit of a mess over it all." And yet she couldn't not lean into his touch, she couldn't not sink into his embrace, his warmth, his solid strength. "You . . . you're not mad at me?" Her voice was quiet, soft, relieved, settling a part of the panic she still felt, even as she nuzzled him gently, reassuringly, "Don't . . . don't do that. We both did things wrong here, today and before on the mountain. If there's nothing for you to forgive of me, if I did nothing wrong - than neither did you . . ." She stated quietly, "But . . . but let's make a promise? From now on? We listen to each other, about everything. No more secrets, no more not telling each other everything, so we make mistakes like this again? I . . . . if . . . if we want to . . . . try . . . this . . . . we, we're going to need to actually know where lines are, and why they're there . . . Just . . . . just be patient . . . with me." She asked him quietly.

The foal, however, was a surprise, as he lowered to the ground, the little thing seeming so scared, and Bel felt her heart break for having caused it. The introduction and explanation came from the stallion, but she didn't have a moment to reply before the tiny thing was stepping towards her. A soft, shaky voice, young and so full of innocence her people were never granting their young. Slowly, the mare lowered herself down to the little one's height, her gaze soft, gentle, her voice low and peaceful, "Hello." She replied back, before startling as Yuki slid to the ground to look at the little filly, Yes, I told you . . . He has a precious treasure. The serpent sent to her bonded, as she sniffed the tiny filly, before chirping quietly, Precious treasures of any species should always be protected . . . . The bonded added, gently rubbing her cheek against the foal's in greeting, before her gaze turned towards Sol, staring him down a brief moment, and nodding once, Also . . . Told you so.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes::

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
Forgive my Transgressions - by Sol Bestiam - 09-02-2021, 08:56 PM
RE: Forgive my Transgressions - by Below Zero - 09-02-2021, 09:16 PM
RE: Forgive my Transgressions - by Sol Bestiam - 09-02-2021, 09:35 PM
RE: Forgive my Transgressions - by Below Zero - 09-02-2021, 10:10 PM
RE: Forgive my Transgressions - by Sol Bestiam - 09-02-2021, 10:31 PM
RE: Forgive my Transgressions - by Below Zero - 09-02-2021, 11:05 PM