Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Forgive my Transgressions

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o

kiss me goodbye, i'm defying gravity
i think i'll try defying gravity
and you won't bring me down
He loved her. He loved her. He loved her.

It was like those words repeated quietly through her head, accompanied by small snippets of their time together, comparing them to her time spent with the last stallion who had told her he loved her . . . But this was nothing like her time with Shard, the two were like night and day. Shard had been fleeting, a presence that faded before coming back to her on a cycle, waning away to duties, to the return to her just when she was ready to walk away . . . Sol was the constant, he was the light in her life that had her unburying herself from her own past, the sun that warmed her skin, made her feel alive again. But she was so often distracted by that moon . . .

His muzzle whispered her name.

It was a sound that clenched at her heart, had her looking up at him, swallowing hard at the look in his eyes, a look, an expression that stopped her heart, caught her breath. . . had Shard ever looked at her like that? She couldn't respond, didn't have the words to, and thankfully didn't need to as he spoke . . . only to find her entire body stilling. Shard always put her last. Excuse after excuse. His father needed to discuss migrating plans, he was needed out on the south side of the pod. He couldn't make it home last night, the council had him up for a meeting. Again, and again, and again.

One excuse, after another . . . but Sol . . .

There was none of that here. There was no excuse about going back. Just an offer to stay, to be close to her, to be at her side for all time. Her expression shifted, confused more so, "But why, why me?" She mumbled, tilting her head, ears flicking back, "Stop apologizing, you have as much right to share what you're feeling as anyone else. Isn't that what we've always strived to do - tell each other everything?" She asked softly. And then he had to make it worse.

Or better. Better and worse?

She didn't know, because he'd frozen her with shock again, even as he painted it all out. His . . . his sun? But . . . wasn't that . .. these the reasons she kept him around, she defended her best friend to others. Why she continued to hang out with him, missed him when he was gone . . . but, . . . love? Did that mean she . . . no, she was . . . but . . .No? Maybe? She didn't know! "Stop, stop, stop, please" She finally said, shaking her head, before sighing and pressing her cheek against his, sighing, "Okay, I hear you . . . But you need to slow down. This is a lot." Her eyes closed, both sets as the feel of his warmth against his skin set her nerves at ease once more.

She stepped forward without thought.

Her muzzle brushed his neck, as she pressed her chest to his, leaning into him and shaking her head faintly, finding a shelter against his side. "You're a lot to take in some time, you know that right?" She let her muzzle, her face, hide in his thick mane, "I don't know what exactly I feel, I really don't. All I do know, all I can say is you mean the world to me. Truly . . . What that may amount to in the time to come, I do not know . . . But don't you dare doubt for a moment that there's not a part of me that loves you too . . . Whether it's the love of friends . . . or more, I need to figure out for myself . . . but you will never stop being one of the most important individuals in my life." She assured him, pulling back to look up at him.

His reassurance to give her time helped.

"I would never let that happen, I mean it. My world is dark without you too." She admitted quietly, hooves kicking at the dirt between them, "I thought I lost you once, these past few months . . ." Her nerves steeled as she looked up at him. "I'm not letting that happen ever again." She couldn't let that happen ever again. His promise to listen to her though was a relief and she flashed him a dazzling smile, "Thank you." She murmured, before taking the steps back to eye the little filly. She was startled by the little one's words, but smiled nonetheless.

Aunt had an interesting ring to it.

"The pleasure is all mine, Jiri." She said with a laugh as the little filly ran around her. She smiled, using her tail to gently catch the filly and snuggle her mercilessly against her side, "I suppose you'll just have to call me Auntie Bel then, huh?" She asked, before motioning to her bonded, "And this is Yukime, but you can call her Yuki." She introduced, as the ice serpent nosed the little filly gently. Bel's eyes then rose, briefly looking up to Sol, a faint smile on her face, and a promise that they would pick this talk back up once she's sorted her own thoughts and feelings out before she returned her attention to the little filly she had been introduced to.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes:: <3 <3 <3

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
Forgive my Transgressions - by Sol Bestiam - 09-02-2021, 08:56 PM
RE: Forgive my Transgressions - by Below Zero - 09-02-2021, 09:16 PM
RE: Forgive my Transgressions - by Sol Bestiam - 09-02-2021, 09:35 PM
RE: Forgive my Transgressions - by Below Zero - 09-02-2021, 10:10 PM
RE: Forgive my Transgressions - by Sol Bestiam - 09-02-2021, 10:31 PM
RE: Forgive my Transgressions - by Below Zero - 09-02-2021, 11:05 PM