Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - If tomorrow was too late

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Marthanóir [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 8
Signos: 10
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/His/Him]  |  Immortal [Year 494 Summer]  |  20 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 57  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Liam Kenway

The stallion was concerned.

Here he was with someone that he didn't exactly know on a series of cliffs, things with which he didn't exactly have a great relationship. But the mare didn't look like she wanted to hurt him, and so Liam allowed his defenses to fall. Bel dipped her head, clearly accepting the apology, and he looked back toward the sea just as she did. "I don't have a very fond history with water and ice, but from a distance, all aspects of water are breathtaking and beautiful. Especially in the winter, even though I have a not-so-fond experience with that, too" he commented, wondering if she'd probe him for more details.

The caress of the saltwater sent his mind spiraling, reminding him of Bucky's fall, reminding him of the time he spent frozen, encased in layers of ice.

There was panic gripping his heart.

That is, until Bel gave a soft sigh, and he felt his mind racing back to him, like he was no longer having an out-of-body experience. Shifting his weight uneasily, the stallion maneuvered himself in such a way that the spray from the ocean wouldn't land on him, but also in a way so that Bel couldn't tell he'd moved. "Perhaps he's fallen ill and can't find the strength to leave his bed. I'll check in on him soon to make sure that he's okay," Liam responded. As a soldier, wasn't it his duty to protect the Sovereign? When Bel brought up the fact that Rhone was teaching her how to fight on land, he perked up. He was skilled at hand-to-hand combat, and he'd be happy to train her.

"You know, I'd be happy to teach you how to fight," he offered.

He waited patiently for her answer, ears pricked high atop his head as she continued to speak. Liam was curious, intent on learning more about the mare, and how she hoped that nothing bad had happened to Rhone or to Terrastella. As she laughed with him over Bucky, he grinned, and chuckled again. "He's certainly joking. Bucky is the grumpy sort, but I thoroughly enjoy his company, and I love him very much," he chuckles, grinning as she said that she was terrible with recognizing others. He hummed in understanding and nodded his head as he gazed back out at the water before them. "That's understandable. Meeting a lot of people can make remembering their names and faces difficult. Have you always been a traveller like that?" He inquired gently, that fond expression on his face from when he was talking about Bucky. The other stallion was incredible, and he wanted to spend the rest of his life with him. But did Bucky feel the same way?

When he advised that he'd seen her around, Bel laughed and dipped her head again in acknowledgement. "Well-traveled, I'm guessing?" Liam teases fondly, giving her a tender look before he follows her gaze to the crashing waves below. "I hate the silence. I spent nearly four months on my own after my mother passed away when I was a year old. But then I ran into -- literally -- my best friend, who would later become my boyfriend. But you're right. Once we find a spot that we feel comfortable in, that silence is comforting. However, for an area that is supposed to be lively, noisy, and everything else in between to suddenly become silent? It's-- frightening," the stallion responded, his voice nearly drifting off as he finished.

The court being this silent could only mean one thing.

But did he actually want to think of it that way?

Liam sighed gently, flicking an ear back as he watched some of the oceanic birds coast and soar on the breeze coming off of the water. "I hope you don't mind me asking, but-- are you a fish? A horse? I guess I'm just a little bit confused, and I'd love to get the explanation if you don't mind sharing it?" He asked curiously, hesitantly, worried that she'd find him rude and slap him the face with her tail. Grimacing, Liam flicked his gaze between her and the water over and over, just waiting for a look of disgust to appear, but hoping it didn't.

"Liam Speaks."

Notes;; Please don't hate him for his curiosity, Bel ;w;
Tag;; @Below Zero
Voice claim;; Chris Evans
Words;; 709

I'm with you till the end of the line

Credits

Messages In This Thread
If tomorrow was too late - by Below Zero - 09-04-2021, 11:09 PM
RE: If tomorrow was too late - by Liam - 09-06-2021, 10:19 PM
RE: If tomorrow was too late - by Below Zero - 09-06-2021, 10:35 PM
RE: If tomorrow was too late - by Liam - 09-09-2021, 08:18 PM