Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - it's free real estate

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
dancing in the moonlight
everybody's feeling warm and bright
it's such a fine and natural sight
everybody's dancing in the moonlight
The reaction to magic was warming.

Bel couldn't help but smile at the child-like wonder, the way the mare's eyes were so wide, her soft murmur as she followed the snow until it fell into the grass and disappeared. Bel smiled gently, kindly. Her magic could do so much more, so much more frightening things, but with little Jiri in her life, she was having to explore more illusionary, and lovely magic. Things to awe and admire, rather than to cause pain, suffering, to win wars, to fight off those who would dare to threaten her people, her home, her life.

She couldn't deny a chance to tell a story.

The other hesitated, and so Bel waited, allowing her to choose before finally, the mare laid down, a respectable face, but allowing the conversation to be so much more comfortable. She relaxed for a moment, breathing a moment to allow the mare to settle in, nodding when she spoke of having plenty of time, "I suppose I should start by saying, I did not come from our home planet. My generation, and about two generations before mine where born on this planet. But the oldest of our elders remember. As pups, the pod teaches us that they are just stories. So I never took much stock in them, but oh how I loved them.

"My people came from a dying planet.

"We were the protectors, blessed by the Sea Empress herself to protect, to defend, to maintain balance on the planet. Eventually strangers came, wanting to use the planet as an area to conduct experiments, we allowed it so long as they ensured that the residents to the planet would be safe. Then something happened, went wrong, and a disease they were working on got out. Oh, it was bad, so bad, absolutely terrible, taking or the planet. Yukime remembers, she was there for it all. My people tried to stop it, to save it, but eventually there was little that could be done.

"They say we had to evacuate.

"But we were forced to check ourselves for the virus too. Many of the pods got left behind, infected, not safe for travel. When they did get to this planet, there were new dangers, new struggles. And slowly, as time grew, my people forgot who we are, what we were meant to accomplish. I'm luckier. I know. I practice my magic, I defend with the aid of the seas. But . . . my pod dwindles in the deep artic environments of this land . . . . I'm . . . glad I left.
"

She looked at the mare, ears flicking.

She could always understand wanting to see more, do more, and Bel laughed, "Oh, you wouldn't take me from my duties. I'm like a stand out for real war. And by going out, seeing more, I'm also more prepared to take on anything I come across later on. So any time you want to adventure, you just let me know. Okay?" She assured with a warm smile.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Persephone
Notes:: <3

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
it's free real estate - by Persephone - 09-04-2021, 11:37 PM
RE: it's free real estate - by Below Zero - 09-05-2021, 12:06 AM
RE: it's free real estate - by Persephone - 09-05-2021, 12:30 AM
RE: it's free real estate - by Below Zero - 09-05-2021, 12:45 AM
RE: it's free real estate - by Persephone - 09-05-2021, 01:13 AM
RE: it's free real estate - by Below Zero - 09-05-2021, 11:30 AM