Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Stepping Up [MEETING]

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 30 — Threads: 11
Signos: 25
Dusk Court Merchant
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  9 [Year 502 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

A s t a
do you believe in reinarnation?
'cause i thought i saw your soul
The door was locked.
My parents must be leaving.
But they would dare lock me in?

"I should be there! I am a member of this court as well." I shouted angrily through the door, my hair almost wild in the fit I was throwing. I hated this, being controlled, being told what to do, what I should think, feel, expect, Hush child, this isn't for a delicate soul like you. It'll be a lot of boring things anyways. Why don't you work on playing the harp? Or paint a lovely piece? It'll be fine. We will be back before you know it. My mother's soft voice only grated on my nerves further, No, I want to be there too!" I growled out, before ramming my shoulder into the door. ENOUGH. I froze at the deep tone of my father, alarmed at how gruff it was, not a tone he usually took with me, We will not discuss this further. You will stay here, we will tell you anything we feel you need to know, after the meeting. I heard a shuffle, his voice was quieter, not spoken to me, Keep her inside, and safe. I will not tolerate anything happening to our Promise while we are gone. So guards, they were putting guards on my door . . . Of course.

They always had guards.

And there would be more outside. I'm sure.
I listen as they walk away, staring at the door, wondering how I was going to get out.

I knew to do this right, it was going to require a few extra minutes, and so I flopped back onto the many pillows on my bed, counting the minutes until the magic number '15' crossed my thoughts. Surely enough time for them to be far from the Stendahl Manor, right? Which meant, time for me to sneak out. With so many guards at the door, I'd have to go another route. Which means, taking my exit from the Balcony. I moved towards the doors, throwing them up with a flourish, Miss? a voice asked, and I call back, my voice pitched high, an upset female, What, I can't even go outside for some fresh air now too!" I allowed a wabble, a sniffle, their biggest fear - a crying female. N-no, sorry miss. W-we won't bother you.

I hope they never teach these fools that I'm their biggest deciever.

I step onto the balcony, before looking around, trying to figure out how to get down, how to escape the yards. Standing at the edge of the fencing, I looked over the edge, before my gaze landed on the climbing lattice for ivy that covered a side entrance into the house from the bottom floor. I was fairly light, but likely not light enough for it to hold me . . . But maybe, if I reinforce it with my telekinesis, to hold the areas I step on a little more strongly, at least until I could reach the part of the roof directly over the door? Only one way to find out.

I climbed over the edge, and took a deep breath, and stepped out.

I felt it start to give, and immediately forced all of my magic there.
SO heavy.
So much weight, so so much.

But I couldn't stop.
Couldn't go back.

So I kept walking, my steps one at a time, and only twice did my hoof break through before I could reach proper roofing again, now a whole floor lower. Just 10 feet from the ground now. I didn't dare jump it though. I didn't trust myself not to twist an ankle. Standing on the roof, I peered around desperately, there had to be something, had to be a way to keep climbing down. It was at this point I saw it, the pile of hay in a trolley. It was further down than I wanted, but the hay should offer some help. Oh, I hadn't done this in life times, not since I was raised as a thief in that old sea-side town, an urchin who ran the rooftops. But this wouldn't be the first time I did just a move, so . . . maybe, maybe it'd be okay?

Don't think. Jump.

The words came into a rush, and I could almost see the face of the old stallion, blind in one eye, and a cocky grin. He'd been tall, so tall, so sure of himself, teaching a little filly how to escape from guards with a muzzle full of food in a bag. Don't think. Jump. Twist and land on the back. Just. Jump. I pushed off, twisting in mid air and landing in the wagon with a puff of hay all around me, coughing as the dust entered my lungs. But the depth of the straw kept me from hitting the bottom. I rolled back to my feet, awkwardly half swimming and half climbing out of the wagon, before finally reaching the ground. I'd made down!

Time to go to the meeting.

From here, leaving the house was easy, I took off down the road, my run freeing the straw from my hair, shedding it from my body, as I rushed past the outer wall, and towards the main town. Once I was far enough to be sure none of the men, the guards, had seen, where following, did I allow myself to slow, straightening my shawl, making sure my appearance was back in order. No need to let anyone know I'd jumped off a roof, not that they'd believe that of the Heiress of Stendahl, would they? No one would believe she'd do that.

I reached the meeting, and stayed in the shadow.
A quick glance. There.

Finding my parents were top priority, only then could I sneak into the crowd I was late though, and already others were talking, questioning, and my gaze moved up to the stallion, head tilted, wondering what I had missed, who the king was. I listened to the best of my abilities, listening to what ever I could pick up. Whispers clued me in, as I snuck in deeper into the crowd, far enough my parents would notice me. Liam. His name was Liam . . . and there were doubts on why he should be followed.

I stayed back, keeping one eye on my parents, making sure they didn't notice me.
I was here to just listen, anyways.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Liam and the Court
Notes:: So, yeah, Asta made it to the meeting >.<
flashing and dancing on the horizon
shades of jade and emerald

Artist Credit to Bingo

Messages In This Thread
Stepping Up [MEETING] - by Liam - 09-10-2021, 07:44 PM
RE: Stepping Up [MEETING] - by Below Zero - 09-10-2021, 08:11 PM
RE: Stepping Up [MEETING] - by Erd - 09-11-2021, 12:04 PM