Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - And I stay awhile so she can speak

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline reli [PM] Posts: 28 — Threads: 8
Signos: 565
Night Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  12 [Year 499 Summer]  |  18.3 hh  |  Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

“y
ou’re too kind,” the russet stallion smiles, more to himself than anything, dark lashes fluttering briefly against his cheeks as he casts his gaze down to the grass. He flusters easily, but can’t help but glow from beneath the warmth of Reinhart’s appreciation.

He shuffles his weight without lifting his hooves, rounded ears perking forward before his ember eyes rise to meet his company’s again. There is a part of him that is surprised when the ashy stallion claims he is happy with their less-than-graceful introduction—once upon a time, in a place now swallowed in shadows, Fang would have laughed and agreed, but perhaps he has been on edge for too long, become too accustomed to the prickle and bite of those strained with fear. Tilting his head, he realizes all the exuberance he has lost, and just how much he would like to find it again. “I’ve always tried to not make a habit of plowing into someone by way of introducing myself,” the boy chuckles softly, and shakes his head, “it’s been a lifelong struggle, I will admit.”

His delight grows to eclipse his humiliation when Reinhart offers to help familiarize him with this new land. “I’d appreciate that,” Fang smiles again, a little wider now. He moves to step forward, to follow his new guide, when the other man instead turns to come to him. Caught off-guard, he watches as he saunters up close to him, settling to tuck in at his side. There is a moment of silence before the red stallion responds—not because he is put off by Reinhart’s boldness, but simply amazed by it.

It’s been far too long since he has been so casually close to another person, to feel the warmth of their body for anything but survival, he hadn’t known it was something he’d missed until now. “I assure you, my friend, I feel welcomed enough already,” he says, relaxing with a breath of laughter rumbling deep in his chest.

“Tell me more about Denocte,” he asks of the silvered stranger, the simple request nearly a plea as it leaves his lips. Remembering the tour Caelum had given him of the Night’s city, he recalls what details she could share. “I’ve heard of—Caligo, isn’t it? And the other kingdoms with their gods, but I’d love to learn more,” Fang glances to him sideways, large ears slanted to readily catch his words.

tag; @Reinhart
“…”
Courage,
dear heart.
x | x

Lost boys like me
are free.
please tag Fang in all replies; magic and force are permitted

Messages In This Thread
And I stay awhile so she can speak - by Reinhart - 09-18-2021, 11:25 PM
RE: And I stay awhile so she can speak - by Fang - 09-27-2021, 11:56 PM
RE: And I stay awhile so she can speak - by Fang - 10-18-2021, 03:15 AM