Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I'm gonna getcha good!

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 18 — Threads: 7
Signos: 15
Day Court Artisan
Male [He/Him/His]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 9 — Atk: 11 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Keokuk (Spirit Stag)

R y l a n

i'm gonna getcha while i gotcha in sight
i'm gonna getcha if it takes all night
you can betcha by the time i say "go," you'll never say "no"

It sure hadn't been easy to find his way here. In fact, by the time he was staring in front of the stone walls that surrounded the main innards of what would be his new home, he was certain he'd been walking for days (not merely the three it had taken to get here). But finally, finally he had made it! To the place he wanted to call home - if they'd have him. If they'd accept him, and Tyee, and Keokuk - they were a package deal after all, and he wasn't gonna stay if they even made a noise against Keokuk. He owed his loyalty to that stag that had made sure he wasn't raised without a male figure in his life. Even when he got older, Keokuk still made sure to stop by his dreams, to help him work through anger, confusion and anything else. He was a big brother, a best friend, and a father rolled into one silver, whispy package.

Taking a breath he nodded to the bonded, and the two entered the main city. A few curious glances got tossed their way, but to his immense delight, no one seemed appalled or against Keokuk's presence, and so the three continued to walk around, exploring every random street, every nook and cranny of the place. Occasionally he'd pause to greet a friendly merchant, asking questions about the land, about the kingdom. He was surprised when it came out that there had just been a recent transition of power, a new king had stepped up. But it was all valuable information, and Rylan was soaking it up like a spunge. His ears however suddenly spun, his head quickly following at a very familiar howl.

One that sent chills down his spine as he searched for the ivory and blue pup desperately. Then a second howl, the eager for a hunt howl, and a lot of barking. Ry exchanged a wide eyed look for Keokuk, before the sound came closer, and in a horrifying moment, Rylan watched a poor stray cat go racing past, Tyee happily bounding behind it, chasing the cat for all it's worth. "TYEE, GE'BACK 'ERE!" Rylan called, his voice a mixture of high-pitched alarm and command. He's fairly certain it cracked somewhere in the middle. Instead of listening, the dog barked three more times as the cat dove beneath a merchant. Tyee didn't slow down. Tyee didn't stop. Rylan's eyes grew wide as the dog neared the merchant cart, lept up, and the wolf hybrid RAN ACROSS THE MERCHANT'S CART, sending stuff everywhere.

Rylan could feel his heart dropping. They were gonna get kicked out. This was it. Two more carts went down with the chase, and finally Rylan took chase after, whistling loudly for Tyee as he wrecked two more carts. The whistle thankfully did it's job, and Ry cursed himself for not doing it first. Tyee was trained with whistle commands used more than words! The dog spun, wagging it's tail, and looking at his master before that cat hissed again, and that was all it took, for the cat to race towards Rylan, Tyee taking chase, and Rylan jumped out of the way, bumping into a cabbage cart that was next to a food koisk. The cabbage went rolling, as Rylan hit the ground with a rough grunt, wincing as the cabbage pelted his back and head.

As soon as Rylan was down, Tyee broke off, slowly approaching his owner, whining apologetically as Rylan slowly climbed to his feet in the complete silence of the area. Loose cabbage leaves were tangled in his dark locks. Somewhere along the way Keokuk had completely disappeared, and Rylan awkwardly stared at the ground, feeling his features heat up with embarrassment, his eyes wide, waiting for the yelling to start, for he and his dog to be kicked out. So much for a place to call home. "Shit, Tyee . . . We were tryin'a make a good impression here." He whispered softly to the whining dog, as he looked up at everyone sheepishly, turquoise eyes wide with embarrassment, with horror, with shame, "I am sooo sorreh fer all the trouble we caused, he, Tyee, he ain't normaleh like that. I swear. I . . . I'll help clean e'rythin' up." The stallion said apologetically, waiting for the dam to break, and the silence to turn to anger, to the yelling, to whatever would come. He froze, shrinking into himself even more when instead all he could hear around him was the slow bubble up of laughter, as the others stared at the apologetic buckskin stallion, with cabbage tangled in his hair, and the little pup who was half crouched beneath him, still half whining and half growling at the stray cat that had started it all.

i'm gonna getcha, it's a matter of fact

"Speech"
Thoughts
Keokuk
@Mernatius
Notes:  TOLD YOU I WAS GONNA DO IT.

i'm gonna getcha, don't you worry 'bout that
you can bet your bottom dollar in time, you're gonna be mine
just like i should, i'll getcha good!

Artwork © Bingo