Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Kingdom of Ruin

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
if you borrow dresses like you borrow time
if you dream all day and drink all night
Caelum sighed softly, her gaze on the grass between them.

"Syn, I wasn't there either, to help. I was . . . elsewhere, fighting . . . my own battles." She tried not to flinch at the memories, her child crying out for her, the fear and pain in his voice before it shut down with a gurgle, the light leaving those eyes that were her whole world. Her scream of pain, Calico's cry of rage. When the dust had settled, she stood alone with just a few of the former slaves bleeding heavily. Calico had gone down while trying to avenge their son.

She shook her head, her expression soft, sad.

"We all make our own decisions, and there was little that could have been done. From what I understand, it was sudden anyways. Your Court barely had time to let in Seelie fae, before their borders had to be shut to keep those monsters out. Our people aren't a fighting force, the Summer Court has always been about laughter and parties. And, call me many things, but I am selfish enough to be glad you were not there, that you were safely away, and you can be here now." She added gently, touching her cousin's shoulder, hugging her close.

The younger mare seemed so soft then.

So small, despite them being the same size, so young despite being an adult. She smiled gently, shaking her head, "I am not perfect though, Syn. I've made my share of mistakes as well." She stated softly, far more aware of her faults now than she had been when she was younger, so much younger, before she knew that the pain of losing Arson was pale in comparison to the pain that would come with time. She led her cousin into her shop, smiling faintly at her reaction to the store, "It's been a dream." She admitted, looking around, even as she brought over some snacks, some tea, trying to prepare herself for what to say, and her voice left her with a soft sigh, "Where . . . where shall I start?"

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Absynthe
Notes:

if you're looking for love but willing to fight
over men and momma's and miller lite
well then, we should be friends
art by bingo

Messages In This Thread
Kingdom of Ruin - by Absynthe - 09-22-2021, 09:48 PM
RE: Kingdom of Ruin - by Caelum - 09-24-2021, 08:20 PM
RE: Kingdom of Ruin - by Absynthe - 09-25-2021, 10:18 PM