Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Kingdom of Ruin

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 33 — Threads: 8
Signos: 5
Night Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Winter]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Dance like no one is watching

Syn could see the pain in her cousin’s features, her heart clenching as she realized that she didn’t know what all the other mare had gone through. "Cael…" Syn started, her heart breaking as she tried to figure out what to say. "Your life has been anything but easy. I can’t hold it against you. I have no idea what happened after…" There was a pain at the idea of saying his name, at knowing what her cousin had been through. But how else could she explain her thoughts? "After Arson. " She had no idea about anything since, and that bugged her more than she could admit. The younger fae pressed her forehead to her cousin’s shoulder, trying to be comfort for both of them.

"Summer was always the light, the warmth of the fae kingdoms. My people are cold, even cruel at times. The amount of time I spent learning less savory skills made my own court less positive and made me wish that I was part of your own court, to be happy and warm." Syn dropped her acidic gaze, finally admitting that a part of her had always been jealous of her cousin and her court. The hug from her cousin helped, but she missed the closeness that they had once had. 

There was nothing she could say. Cael had always been perfect to her, the light of their little world and the push for the unseelie princess to try to be better. The warmth that lit up her cousin when they entered the shop made her feel that much better. 

That was when the question nearly knocked the wind out of her. She wanted nothing more than to close her eyes and wish the world away. To hide from the knowledge that she knew would hurt. "I left not long after Arson. After your parents sent you away… I couldn’t help the pain that you were going through. I felt like the outsider after watching how happy you two had been. Then my parents pulled me back into the court, and it was suffocating. I was a coward. I ran. I had to get away before they turned me into the princess that they wanted. The cold, cruel, calculating being that would do anything for power." It was hard to get it out, but she needed to tell Cael what had happened and why she had no idea of the events after Arson. There was a part of her that could easily turn into that princess, though she hated the idea of it. The happy imp could easily turn into a cruel tyrant. That was the battle she fought every day, mostly by thinking of the light of her cousin and wanting to make her proud.

@Caelum
"Speaking."
Notes: Apparently Syn is thoughtful today XD <3

Messages In This Thread
Kingdom of Ruin - by Absynthe - 09-22-2021, 09:48 PM
RE: Kingdom of Ruin - by Caelum - 09-24-2021, 08:20 PM
RE: Kingdom of Ruin - by Absynthe - 09-25-2021, 10:18 PM
RE: Kingdom of Ruin - by Caelum - 09-25-2021, 11:12 PM
RE: Kingdom of Ruin - by Absynthe - 09-25-2021, 11:30 PM
RE: Kingdom of Ruin - by Caelum - 09-26-2021, 02:03 PM
RE: Kingdom of Ruin - by Absynthe - 09-27-2021, 12:21 PM
RE: Kingdom of Ruin - by Caelum - 10-03-2021, 07:07 PM