Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Spill the Tea

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Modes

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

LUVENA
The past few weeks had been surreal. Between Israfel becoming the new sovereign, and then courting her… It felt too good to be true half the time. How many times had she woken up in Israfels bed? Having fallen asleep after what was supposed to be a short video. (she wasn’t complaining, it was warm, and the whole room smelled the same way Israfel did, like coffee and ashes.) She was lucky she’d woken up well each time.

She was terrified she wouldn’t eventually. Terrified that she would scare Israfel away. She often wondered if that had been why Cavalier had left with their son. (Had she not loved liatris too?)
She woke up in her own clinic that morning in a sweat, head aching. Though she wanted to go back to bed, she had made plans. She had sent out a letter a few days ago to a small tea shop out by the lake

Cael

We have so much to catch up on I cannot even begin to put it in writing. I was thinking I’d swing by your shop in a few days to take you up on that offer. 

-Lu

It had been short and to the point. She’d asked Israfel to send the letter off with Solaris. Her own companion wouldn’t have been much use… even if he were around, and she didn’t trust either of the girls to get all the way there with the letter. 

She rose slowly and gathered both her satchels, before heading out with both the girls at her side. It was a slow walk there, though she had left before the sun had risen completely.  She was already exhausted by the time she got there, but elated to tell Caelum all about her life nonetheless. She had brought some butterfly-pea flowers she’d found at the markets with her as a gift too, knowing Cael would likely be enamored with the color changing petals.

She chanced a gentle knock on the door. Unsure if the shop was properly opened yet or not.

@Caelum
"speech"
usually it starts
with a nightmare,
some sordid dream
that creeps in on a
saccharine song,
souring as it hits its peak.
table by karma, art by Minervas muse

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
imagine a fighter with a centerfold face
comes from a long line of blue collars and lace
with a grip like reins to a steed and kisses for days
Caelum was a bustle of activity as she prepped her shop for the day.

Hot water for tea was heating up, (with a few pots of various coffee types in the furthest back wall), and she was humming as she pulled pastries out of a small oven heated with a tiny fire. Her ears perked, muzzle twitching as she mixed up a fresh batch of honey, bread and some fruit - this being set up artistically on a platter that was moved out to the main sitting area for her guest coming soon. Setting up a pot of tea, carefully steeped with her favorite mix of chamomile, lavender, rose and a touch of mint, she added a small dish of sugar and milk.

She continued setting things up.

The general items of the day - restocking shelves with herbal remedies and other medicinal tonics. Small pots of honey and herbs, hardened into a candy to make it easier to take medicine were on display near a till. In the display box, more pastries and baked items were on display, all made fresh for when customers may arrive. Anything more specialized, like actual sandwiches, or treats would be made on demand, but the items that kept well for the whole day where made ahead of time to keep her less busy - just like her medicinal items where made every few days in the evening.

Once her store was ready to open, did she pay attention to her lights.

The little will o' wisps hovered, lights blinking, in small glass spheres, providing light and a sense of home to the maiden. She telepathically lowered some honey and bread into each light, smiling as the little fae folk descended on the treats. Only then did she begin opening windows, opening main doors to the outside seating area, feeling the breeze carry across the lake, and causing the fabrics draping the ceiling and walls to sway softly. A knock on her front door had her turning curiously.

She approached it, swinging it open.

At the same time she went ahead and flipped the sign to open, as she smiled at her best friend, eyes sparkling at the other mare, "Lu, come in, come in! I have a tea set out already, feel free to find something to nibble on!" She instructed, landing briefly on the ground, and trying to ignore the flowers that immediately sprung up when she did so. She trampled them briefly, telepathically pulling them out off her floor like weeds, before taking to the air, making a face at the magic she still couldn't get the hang of.

She fluttered back behind the counter.

Returning with some bowls of water for the dogs, she headed to the table she'd already prepared with a breakfast, carefully keeping some of her dishes on her side to keep Luvena from accidentally eating any of the fruit from her own world, "The tea is safe to drink, but be careful of the small red bowl. You don't want to ingest any of that, least you no longer eat anything but the fruit of the fae." She cautioned with a smile, before her eyes sparkled at her best friend, "Now then . . . tell me everything! What's new? How's the shop?" Her gaze turned playful, her gaze almost wicked.

"How is our dear sovereign?"

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Luvena
Notes: <3 <3

and imagine a winner holding pink champagne
Wwo still loves her daddy but changes her name
an overachiever, even she don't believe her own fame
art by bingo

Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

LUVENA
She took in the tea shop with brimming excitement. Caelum had done a wonderful job with it. Draperies decorated nearly every wall, and the store was lit with spirits instead of flames - a feature Luvena deeply appreciated. Everything was beautifully organized, from the medicines, to the teas and everything in between. 

She could see the table Caelum had set up with platters already. Yara and Mithra were already busy sniffing around at everything.  Luvena beamed back at her friend. “I’m sorry for those two in advance. I’m sure they’ll leave hair all over the place, they shed more than a winter pony” She slumped down onto one of the pillows by the table laying her pounding head on the floor for just a moment while she waited for Caelum to come back. 
“I’ll be sure not to touch it then” she replied, reaching for one of the small sandwiches on the other side of the table, before sipping at the tea she’d been served, immediately recognizing the mix of herbs inside. 

“Oh what isn’t?” she answered eagerly. “The clinic is good. Much calmer now that the summer is well underway. Mostly just colic and the like now. And Polar North is doing fantastically with her training. Honestly she’s well on her way to running the clinic on her own if ever needed, which will be a blessing come the next winter. I don’t know if I could take a repeat of the last one.” she finished, letting  a brief sigh escape her.

She didn’t miss the sparkle in the faes eyes. Oh don’t act like it’s so scandalous!” she laughed before she turned her head for a moment, nearly embarrassed. “Israfel is lovely though. And my gods I never realized the palace in Denocte was so… fancy. I mean… I should have known, I suppose. It’s not much different from the one I grew up in, but it’s been a long time since then. Ladymaids and all, though I get the impression Isra doesn’t much like the attention. I’ve spent a few nights there too… Not to many though I.. “ she paused, chewing her tongue for just a moment. “ I don’t want to wake up in a state and scare her off…” 

She was eager to change the subject now. “But what about you? How has the shop been doing? It’s come so far since I was last here, on an impromptu rescue mission mind you” she raised her brow, in reference to finding Caelum passed out by the fire.

@Caelum
"speech"
usually it starts
with a nightmare,
some sordid dream
that creeps in on a
saccharine song,

Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
Caelum felt a sense of pride.

She stood back, watching her best friend take a look around, and as her gaze moved to the spirits in the spheres, Caelum had an epiphany of remembering Luvena had an issue with fire, and never before had she been more delighted to have thought of the idea (plus it kept a few more fae around, making her feel just a little more at home). Cael's gaze then dropped to the pups, watching them move about, even as she laughed at her friend's words. "Oh, fret not, Luvena. I am fairly certain I can care for my floors well enough. A little bit of brushing, and it shall be right as rain." She mused, watching her friend lay down among the pillows, and feeling her expression soften with concern.

She watched Lu go after some of the sandwiches.

But her gaze was more watchful, checking on her friend's health beyond the general appearance, even as Lu spoke of the clinic being calmer, of her young student doing well with the training, "I am delighted to hear that! I am certain it will be lovely for you to have someone else focus on the clinic during the winter, which allows you more time to stay warm in the flames of another, does it not, dearest Luvena." She teased gently, before her gaze softened, "And how are you doing, lately. Not just with Israfel, but your own health . . . ?" The concern was real.

Luvena was her best friend, and the idea of ever losing her . . . .

She threw herself into the talk of Israfel and Luvena, laughing merrily, "This is soooo scandalous, well, perhaps not quite scandalous, but it is quite the gossip for me to be privy too. Let those of us who are single live precariously through your romantic ventures!" She teased, eyes bright and warm as hot chocolate, before she smiled more softly for her friend, how it must be for her. "I can understand your concern, but is it so wrong to want to share everything with the one you care for? Do not hide a portion of yourself, even if you find it unsightly; Isra wants to know all of you."

And she wanted to see Lu and Isra happy.

It was her own selfish wish for her friend, to see her have a happiness Caelum kept denying herself, even if she would search the shadows of meetings for a familiar dark beast, the gleam of azure eyes, light reflecting of his own gem necklace. The way she felt her skin prickle when his eyes fell on her. So tantalizing, yet so unreachable. Yes, she felt it was better to live through Lu and her much happier relationship, then make up pretenses between herself and a stallion she'd only spoken to so briefly.

The subject changed, and Caelum blinked in surprise.

"Oh, the shop is doing lovely! I have quite a few who stop by regularly for tea, and I am not expecting to busy so soon after opening. And it was you whom felt I needed to be rescued, I shall remind you! I was just fine, if not a little magically drained. I have learned my lesson, I assure you. No more stretching my magic beyond my own limitations." Her gaze moved over the shop, her smile warming, softening, "It has been quite the dream come true. It is certainly not home, within the streets of my own kingdom, fae fluttering from shop to shop . . . but . . . it is becoming home, Denocte is." Her gaze returned to Luvena, her smile still so soft, enjoying the time with her friend.

"Of course, this far out from Denocte . . . ."

Her smile faltered, just slightly, "It is also a touch lonely at times, being so far away. I look forward to when the shop is far busier." She admitted after a moment, before shrugging and popping a piece of yellow and blue speckled fruit into her muzzle, the taste hitting her tongue, and easing some of her tension, "But I am filling my space with more things from home, be it will o' wisps for lighting, to the plants from my own nation growing in my gardens . . . . So I shall be fine of course, so please do not worry too much about me. I am doing just fine out here."

She was always doing 'just fine.'

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Luvena

art by bingo

Night Court Sovereign

LUVENA
The girls had grown far larger than she’d expected. Both coming up to just below her stomach. Though they knew a few commands, and stuck close to her most of the time, they were still an unruly pair. “You could keep it” she teased. “Give it an hour, and you’ll likely have enough for a nice rug. If they had their way my clinic would be fully carpeted” she nibbled at the sandwich somewhat uninterestedly. 

“Certainly” she replied. “And more time to come visit a particular tea shop I know…” she trailed off as Caelum continued, and avoided looking up at her. “Oh I’m alright. You know how it is. It comes and goes.” Not a lie. She had been more tired lately, and sleeping more, but that was to be expected with age, Especially after the stunts she'd pulled the year prior. Caelum didn't know about her trip up the veneror, or to the portals. She feared the little mare might slaughter her if she got word of it. she finally looked up and kept herself from sighing at the look on caelums face. “I’m fine” she repeated. “Just a headache. It will pass” she nibbled at the sandwich again, trying to reassure her friend.

“Not for long if I have any say in it” she retorted. “I have a very powerful girlfriend, and I will have a line of suitors for you at the next event.” there was a mischievous smile carved across her face, though it fell slightly at the fae womans words. “I know I just… It’s not exactly the most comfortable position to be in, and I know she’ll worry.”

“Well, I am always around to make it just a little less lonely” she replied, trying to push the sadness out of Caelums voice. “That reminds me. I do have a small gift for you” She slipped the regular satchel off her neck, pulling out the pea-flowers. “If you brew them into a tea, the color will change depending on how acidic you make the drink. It’s wonderful with a little lemon. It’s also good for treating a cough or cold.” She nosed the bag towards caelum, before taking a few more sips of the tea before her, now that it had cooled a bit, and resting her head gently on the table. 

@Caelum
"speech"
usually it starts
with a nightmare,
some sordid dream
that creeps in on a
saccharine song,

Night Court Medic

Caelum
The little mare had to giggle.

The idea of keeping the fur was a thought that had her curious though, her eyes alit by the idea of a rug, "I will not lie to you, my friend; a rug would be lovely in my bedroom, I think. Something to trap the heat to the floor. There is nothing quite like waking up and stumbling out of bed to a freezing floor, particularly as the days get colder." The little fae did allow a subtle shiver, "As I am sure you can imagine, a tiny creature, such as myself; does not have much to provide warmth. We are not built for the cold, but for the light of summer." She admitted, even as she watched the way her friend handled the sandwich.

She frowned lightly, "Is it not to your liking?"

Or was this a very bad day? Caelum did have to brighten at the promise of visiting more, her eyes almost glowing, "Oh, I would like that very much. I have to have someone I can trust to try new, and peculiar blends with, after all!" She suggested playfully, wondering how many 'bad mixes' she could sneak in front of her friend. And then Lu looked away. Caelum knew what that meant, it meant something was either a lie, or not entirely true. So she kept staring her friend down, before finally the truth was a little more than just 'I'm fine,' She did nod, however, "If you need anything, feel free to browse my stock. It is always open for you, just as I know yours would be for me." She offered gently.

And then horror hit her like a faceful of something nastly.

Caelum was in the air before she knew what was happening, flowers blooming around her as her magic flared up with her alarm, although the pollen didn't activate, "No, no, no, Oh, Luvena, I do not need a suitor, or a line of suitors either! I am just fine on my own! I have you, my dear friend, and Israfel, I imagine, as well! Why would I need a suitor." Then there was a pause, a brief thought of seeing a certain dark stallion in that line before shaking her head, knowing that was just her imagination entertaining an idea that would never happen.

"Oh I promise, I do not need any suitors."

She was fine by herself, wasn't she? She landed back on the pillows, with a shake of her head, "Besides, dear friend . . . . I am immortal now . . . Who wants to find a mate, to mourn them for the rest of their life . . . I already have to do this. I could bare going through that again." She admitted after a moment, her gaze lowering. She was tired of mourning. Her friends words had her attention return to Lu, and she gently crossed the difference, laying her muzzle against her shoulder, "Please, fret not. I know it will not be comfortable, that she will worry . . . But . . . secrets do not make a good relationship. And would you rather prepare her for it happening, or shock her for it?" Could the same be said for relationships though?

Could those secrets break a relationship.

Her own silence on who she was, could that come back to hurt her in the long run? "Does Israfel know of your history?" She asked curiously, head tilting to the side. When the other promised to be by, to keep things less lonely for Caelum, the fae smiled gratefully, "Your company is both treasured, and always welcome. My door shall always be open to you." She promised, before perking up at a gift, watching the flowers be produced.

The information on them however was treasured.

"THEY CHANGE COLORS!?" Her voice was a touch louder than her normal refined tone, and she was actually buzzing slightly in excitement, before she gently plucked a few petals, "I shall be back shortly!" And with a burst of energy she did not normally possess, she grabbed a clear, glass pot, and carefully added the petals to the bottom, before adding some boiling water. She returned to the table with a collection of acidic items for the tea, and as soon as the tea was brewed, she made up a cup, before slowly adding the lemon juice, watching it react, unable to stop a squeal of delight.

This was amazing!

Her gaze turned back to her friend, her smile absolutely delighted, "Thank you, Luvena! This is such a thoughtful gift! I adore it!" She looked back towards the tea, before taking a sip before smiling at the taste as well, "It is very pleasing, indeed! You spoil me! However can I repay you?" She paused, before adding playfully, "And going on a blind date is not an offer I payment I shall agree to." She added, if only to see her friend smile again.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Luvena
Notes: She's like 'nope, no suitors.'

art by bingo

Night Court Sovereign

LUVENA
“You’d be surprised how far a good rug and some moss can go” she replied, more thoughtfully now. “Even without a heat source sleeping in the clinic is quite warm, you just have to set the insulation up right. You could also just winter in Solterra” she laughed. “Though you’d have to deal with the incessant competition for who has the biggest ego” Her one visit to the Mors Desert had not been exactly pleasant. Even the medics were cruel tongued. 

“Oh no it’s lovely” she replied with a small smile. “Not hungry is all” Nothing got past the smaller mare. It was infuriating sometimes.

“I hope you aren’t scheming to poison me?” she questioned playfully with a raised brow.  “Or perhaps you’d rather turn me into a frog?”  the thought was somewhat amusing. She could only imagine the look on Israfels face if she came shopping into the palace as a small toad.  “Thank you” she murmured. “The tea will do though” 

She was somewhat taken aback by the flurry of action that ensued, having to hold her mug steady as the table was shaken by the sudden lift from the ground beside it.  “Oh i’m only teasing!” she started. “I wouldn’t do that to you… not in public at least” She shook her head at the mare. Not quite exasperated, but she did so wish that Caelum would just let herself live a little for once.  

“It’s not so much a secret… she knows… but knowing and seeing firsthand are not the same thing” she paused. “She knows pieces here and there. Not all of it though. Not yet. She will soon enough though I’m sure, if we’re to keep this going. But everything all at once was how the last relationship fell apart. I don’t want things to move to quickly this time. And shes courting me. Why not let it last a little?” 

She couldn’t help but to smile at her friends excitement. She was like a filly the way she fawned over the flowers. She had too admit though, she too was quite excited to see them in action, she had heard of them many times over, but had never seen it herself.  She watched eagerly as the concoction turned from blue to violet to pink. She winced slightly at Caelum’s squeal as the high pitched sound hit her head, but was quick to cover it with a smile, delighted that she was enjoying her gift.  

“This is my repayment already for the bundle of plants you gave me just weeks ago you silly creature” she replied with a shake of her head, though smiled again at the remark. “I’ll have my way with that yet just you wait”

@Caelum
I love them so much
"speech"
usually it starts
with a nightmare,
some sordid dream
that creeps in on a
saccharine song,

Night Court Medic

Caelum
The fae listened eagerly.

She tilted her head, smiling, "I must have you look over my room then, help me figure out the best way to insulate it. Back home, we were in an eternal summer, so there was no need for it." Her muzzle dipped slightly, remembering that comfort, the warmth of the eternal summer her father could control. She wondered if the land was still suspended now in that ideal climate of her people. "Oh, I am certainly no the sort to measure egos. I think I shall avoid Solterra, even if it is warmer. I have little tolerance for bigotry." She added, a brief, cold look crossing her features, remembering the chains around her slim ankles, the sneers of masters looking over her and other prisoners . . . the way those monsters had destroyed everything she and Calico had built.

The cry of momma being ripped from her son's throat.

She shook her head, forcing her attention back to the presence, ignoring the echo of that cry that haunted her dreams at night. "Oh, I am glad it is alright, but I hope you will eat more later." She stated with a smile, nudging a bowl of 'safe' fruit towards her friend, careful to keep the red bowl of her own special blend out of Lu's reach.

The idea of poisoning her best friend was laughable.

"Yes, I fully plan to poison or transform you. Because Israfel would definitely not skin me alive for it. Or perhaps roast me with her companion." The fae stated, a single eyebrow raised. "Besides, I rather prefer you in one piece." She added with a warm smile.

She wasn't expecting the idea of suitors though.

She slowly settled, and suddenly looked around with embarrassment, her shoulders hunching slightly, "Oh, I am terribly sorry. I know you would never do such a thing . . . I guess you just alarmed me." She shook her head, ears falling back slightly as she gave her friend an apologetic look, "I suppose I can tolerate such words in private, of course." She offered in apology, with a shy sort of smile, "Though, I am not sure if you will find much of anyone whose eye, I will be able to catch."

She might be pretty, yes.

But she didn't really believe she could gain that sort of happiness that Isra and Lu had. She had it once, with Tremaine. And it'd come crashing down with his death. There was a warmth to her chest, not quite burning, but hot, and she glanced down to see her pendant glowing a little brighter, causing her to gently brush her muzzle against it, as if to soothe the soul inside. There was a slight spark of heat, before it settle again, but she got the point. Trey's sister didn't like the idea of her staying alone either.

Easier said then done.

She instead focused on her friend, smiling gently, "I supposes pieces are a start . . . Taking your time is not so bad . . . I just want you happy, Lu. You deserve happiness." She stated softly. Especially for producing such amazing presents. She watched the color shift with excitement, the blue slowly turning pink, though she smiled apologetically when she lost control of herself so much to even squeal, "Sorry, I have just never seen anything quite like this." She admitted. "Those plants did not require a payback though, Lu! They were a gift!" She replied, laughing, before raising a brow.

She snorted delicately, smiling back.

"Ah, you believe so? I have already met a good majority of Denocte already, my dear friend. And I am still single to this point. Perhaps there's just no one who can capture my attention?" Don't think about Vikander, Don't think about Vikander, Don't think about Vikander. "Besides, my dearest friend, I shall be rather busy with my shop. I cannot imagine trying to add a courtship to the chaos as well." Cael pretended to faint back into her pillows, her forelock falling in a disarray around her face, "Alas, I fear I am destined to be the spinster tea maker."

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Luvena
Notes: <3 I so love their dynamic.

art by bingo

Night Court Sovereign

LUVENA
“If there is one thing I know, it’s how to warm winter weather without a fire” she replied, with a small dip of tone on fire.  “I’ve only been once but I didn’t much enjoy the experience. They all spoke like snakes were writhing inside them. I didn’t stay long. Couldn’t stand the place. I think the only places I’ve liked less were the claiming grounds in elysium and the venero-” she cut. herself off quickly, biting her tongue. Caelum was going to have her head. On a platter, served among her teas. “Oooh no maybe the steppe. Its so precarious” she continued quickly, hoping the fae would miss her little slip up. Or just not think about it long enough to question it.

She smiled at the offer gently, and pulled a small cherry from the bowl just to appease her friend. Careful to avoid the pit while eating it. 

She shook her head. “I wish you wouldn’t speak that way about yourself.” Her and Caelum were so alike on that front. Both were so continuously adamant that the other deserved happiness, and good things, but neither believed it about themselves.  She chanced a quick look at the pendant around the faes neck. She still hadn’t quite puzzled out what the glowing meant, but she was too scared to ask lest it be a tender point of contention.

“We’ll get there” she murmured. “She knows that..” she paused “That I don’t like fire” ‘don’t like’ was the gentle way to put it. It was so much more than that. It horrified her. Even in the night temples, she had never been able to settle with the torches on the walls, even knowing that everything was made of stone.  “Yes. as are these” she replied.

“Mhmm” she hummed, not believing a word of the womans speech. “Really? Not a single soul? I have a very hard time believing that. Some of the Denoctians are quite striking.” She nearly snorted at the woman's display, though joined her laying back in the pillows, closing her eyes for a moment. “If you’re destined to be a spinster tea maker than im destined to be a grumpy old crone, and we both know that will never happen”

@Caelum
"speech"
usually it starts
with a nightmare,
some sordid dream
that creeps in on a
saccharine song,

Night Court Medic

Caelum
The idea of being able find a way to keep her room warm was appeasing.

Especially since she wouldn't have another body to snuggle up to. It had been odd, the first few times of sleeping by herself had been so hard. Rolling over, reaching out for a body that wasn't there . . . worse had been pulling a tiny body closer to open her eyes when she her muzzle went through air. To this day, she had a small pillow she had to cuddle, because you don't get over that kind of empty space. You don't get over the death of a child. "Yes, I would rather have as few fires as possible in my shop, after all, the majority of it is made from wood!" She laughed, "Why, the majority of my bedroom is made out of nothing but vines!" She added with pride, even if it was the reason she'd passed out from magical exhaustion.

She listened curiously about Solterra.

The more she heard, the more she was certain that it was some place she wouldn't enjoy. Her ears did perk at the mention of other lands, until her eyes narrowed at a cut off word. Too much had been said, to many syllables given. She ignored the bit about the steppe, as instead her eyes narrowed in on her best friend. "Dearest Luvena." Her tone was low, soft, calm. Calmer than it should be, "Surely, We have misheard you? We must not have been paying proper attention. Will you not repeat it for Us? Did you truly just say you had been up to Veneror Peak?" She tilted her head to the side, ivory forelock tumbling into her gaze, even if she failed to break eye contact, "We must have misheard, you must have misspoken? Yes?" The royal we had slipped out even with out her realizing it, but the power behind her voice was a reminder of the Court room politics she was part of. The heritage she was hiding. The kind of training she'd gone under.

A flash of heat broke that concentration.

She jolted, startled back at the powerful flash of heat from the pendant that actually felt like it had burnt her skin. But it was enough to break the accidental slip into the persona, "Ouch, Tiana! Not completely necessary" She hissed to the necklace, shifting it aside to rub her chest, before smiling apologetically, "I am sorry, Luvena, I should not judge what you do. I am not your keeper. But that cannot keep me from worrying about you either." She couldn't help but fret over her best friend.

She paused at her friend's words.

Her head lowered, gaze sweeping the floor, as if looking for irregularities in the wood she'd laid. "I know . . . I just sometimes cannot help it. It is hard . . . to be positive when in the face of so much negativity lately." Briefly, Caelum looked up, and the shield dropped, her eyes brimming with emotion, a loneliness that rocked her to her core, "I do not like it either . . . I do not want to be alone. I do not want to be on the side lines of dances with no one to lean into. I miss the feeling of not having to take on the world alone. I miss waking up to another's body heat keeping me warm. Luvena, I miss feeling wanted, feeling special. I crave it more than I care to admit.

"But I'm so afraid of history repeating itself.
"

Deep down, she even felt the touch of jealousy over Isra and Luvena. Seeing their happiness, even as fragile and new as it was. "I know you will. I just want you to be happy. As happy as you want to see me." Of course, the topic turned a little lighter again, and Cael felt that tension, that fear of being alone disappear again, replaced with amusement. At the comment of some Denoctians being striking, however, Caelum's head ducked with an embarrassed huff, "Well, I mean . . Yes, some are indeed very attractive, certainly. But they are usually taken, it seems." Her thoughts returned to the few Denoctians she thought where lovely to look at. Boleyn with his flashy appearance, but his less than appealing personality, "And some might be lovely too look upon, but the moment they open their mouths, they lose some of that appeal."

And then her thoughts went where she'd tried to keep them from.

"And some seem just as haunted as I am, as you were. Eyes so void, so distant, they're like ice. A silent shadow, as unapproachable as darkness itself." Her voice softened, as she looked away, remembering the look in his eyes that first meeting, the way she'd felt her skin creep under his attention, wishing ever so briefly that he might like what he saw. The thrill she got when she'd seen him at the meeting, when she noticed that he had seen her. Once more remembering that first meeting, wondering what he had thought of her now. What he'd seen when he'd looked at her. And yet he was still so silent, so unapproachable. So unreachable.

So why could she not shake him from his mind?

Why now, so many seasons later, was she as drawn now as she was then. "Of course, I also suffer from having a type I fear. And you know what they say about tall, dark and mysterious stallions. They are usually more trouble than they are worth . . ." So why did she feel like she'd be okay feeling the burn of cold from the ice in Vikander's eyes, if only to be a little closer to him. If only to see if she could thaw it. If only because she couldn't shake that attraction, and the familiarity she felt when she saw the same facade in his gaze that she hid behind herself.

Like a moth to a flame, she was drawn to his coldness.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Luvena

art by bingo

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »