Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Spill the Tea

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
imagine a fighter with a centerfold face
comes from a long line of blue collars and lace
with a grip like reins to a steed and kisses for days
Caelum felt a sense of pride.

She stood back, watching her best friend take a look around, and as her gaze moved to the spirits in the spheres, Caelum had an epiphany of remembering Luvena had an issue with fire, and never before had she been more delighted to have thought of the idea (plus it kept a few more fae around, making her feel just a little more at home). Cael's gaze then dropped to the pups, watching them move about, even as she laughed at her friend's words. "Oh, fret not, Luvena. I am fairly certain I can care for my floors well enough. A little bit of brushing, and it shall be right as rain." She mused, watching her friend lay down among the pillows, and feeling her expression soften with concern.

She watched Lu go after some of the sandwiches.

But her gaze was more watchful, checking on her friend's health beyond the general appearance, even as Lu spoke of the clinic being calmer, of her young student doing well with the training, "I am delighted to hear that! I am certain it will be lovely for you to have someone else focus on the clinic during the winter, which allows you more time to stay warm in the flames of another, does it not, dearest Luvena." She teased gently, before her gaze softened, "And how are you doing, lately. Not just with Israfel, but your own health . . . ?" The concern was real.

Luvena was her best friend, and the idea of ever losing her . . . .

She threw herself into the talk of Israfel and Luvena, laughing merrily, "This is soooo scandalous, well, perhaps not quite scandalous, but it is quite the gossip for me to be privy too. Let those of us who are single live precariously through your romantic ventures!" She teased, eyes bright and warm as hot chocolate, before she smiled more softly for her friend, how it must be for her. "I can understand your concern, but is it so wrong to want to share everything with the one you care for? Do not hide a portion of yourself, even if you find it unsightly; Isra wants to know all of you."

And she wanted to see Lu and Isra happy.

It was her own selfish wish for her friend, to see her have a happiness Caelum kept denying herself, even if she would search the shadows of meetings for a familiar dark beast, the gleam of azure eyes, light reflecting of his own gem necklace. The way she felt her skin prickle when his eyes fell on her. So tantalizing, yet so unreachable. Yes, she felt it was better to live through Lu and her much happier relationship, then make up pretenses between herself and a stallion she'd only spoken to so briefly.

The subject changed, and Caelum blinked in surprise.

"Oh, the shop is doing lovely! I have quite a few who stop by regularly for tea, and I am not expecting to busy so soon after opening. And it was you whom felt I needed to be rescued, I shall remind you! I was just fine, if not a little magically drained. I have learned my lesson, I assure you. No more stretching my magic beyond my own limitations." Her gaze moved over the shop, her smile warming, softening, "It has been quite the dream come true. It is certainly not home, within the streets of my own kingdom, fae fluttering from shop to shop . . . but . . . it is becoming home, Denocte is." Her gaze returned to Luvena, her smile still so soft, enjoying the time with her friend.

"Of course, this far out from Denocte . . . ."

Her smile faltered, just slightly, "It is also a touch lonely at times, being so far away. I look forward to when the shop is far busier." She admitted after a moment, before shrugging and popping a piece of yellow and blue speckled fruit into her muzzle, the taste hitting her tongue, and easing some of her tension, "But I am filling my space with more things from home, be it will o' wisps for lighting, to the plants from my own nation growing in my gardens . . . . So I shall be fine of course, so please do not worry too much about me. I am doing just fine out here."

She was always doing 'just fine.'

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Luvena
Notes: <3 <3

and imagine a winner holding pink champagne
Wwo still loves her daddy but changes her name
an overachiever, even she don't believe her own fame
art by bingo

Messages In This Thread
Spill the Tea - by Luvena - 09-24-2021, 04:35 PM
RE: Spill the Tea - by Caelum - 09-24-2021, 06:50 PM