Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Spill the Tea

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
imagine a fighter with a centerfold face
comes from a long line of blue collars and lace
with a grip like reins to a steed and kisses for days
The idea of being able find a way to keep her room warm was appeasing.

Especially since she wouldn't have another body to snuggle up to. It had been odd, the first few times of sleeping by herself had been so hard. Rolling over, reaching out for a body that wasn't there . . . worse had been pulling a tiny body closer to open her eyes when she her muzzle went through air. To this day, she had a small pillow she had to cuddle, because you don't get over that kind of empty space. You don't get over the death of a child. "Yes, I would rather have as few fires as possible in my shop, after all, the majority of it is made from wood!" She laughed, "Why, the majority of my bedroom is made out of nothing but vines!" She added with pride, even if it was the reason she'd passed out from magical exhaustion.

She listened curiously about Solterra.

The more she heard, the more she was certain that it was some place she wouldn't enjoy. Her ears did perk at the mention of other lands, until her eyes narrowed at a cut off word. Too much had been said, to many syllables given. She ignored the bit about the steppe, as instead her eyes narrowed in on her best friend. "Dearest Luvena." Her tone was low, soft, calm. Calmer than it should be, "Surely, We have misheard you? We must not have been paying proper attention. Will you not repeat it for Us? Did you truly just say you had been up to Veneror Peak?" She tilted her head to the side, ivory forelock tumbling into her gaze, even if she failed to break eye contact, "We must have misheard, you must have misspoken? Yes?" The royal we had slipped out even with out her realizing it, but the power behind her voice was a reminder of the Court room politics she was part of. The heritage she was hiding. The kind of training she'd gone under.

A flash of heat broke that concentration.

She jolted, startled back at the powerful flash of heat from the pendant that actually felt like it had burnt her skin. But it was enough to break the accidental slip into the persona, "Ouch, Tiana! Not completely necessary" She hissed to the necklace, shifting it aside to rub her chest, before smiling apologetically, "I am sorry, Luvena, I should not judge what you do. I am not your keeper. But that cannot keep me from worrying about you either." She couldn't help but fret over her best friend.

She paused at her friend's words.

Her head lowered, gaze sweeping the floor, as if looking for irregularities in the wood she'd laid. "I know . . . I just sometimes cannot help it. It is hard . . . to be positive when in the face of so much negativity lately." Briefly, Caelum looked up, and the shield dropped, her eyes brimming with emotion, a loneliness that rocked her to her core, "I do not like it either . . . I do not want to be alone. I do not want to be on the side lines of dances with no one to lean into. I miss the feeling of not having to take on the world alone. I miss waking up to another's body heat keeping me warm. Luvena, I miss feeling wanted, feeling special. I crave it more than I care to admit.

"But I'm so afraid of history repeating itself.
"

Deep down, she even felt the touch of jealousy over Isra and Luvena. Seeing their happiness, even as fragile and new as it was. "I know you will. I just want you to be happy. As happy as you want to see me." Of course, the topic turned a little lighter again, and Cael felt that tension, that fear of being alone disappear again, replaced with amusement. At the comment of some Denoctians being striking, however, Caelum's head ducked with an embarrassed huff, "Well, I mean . . Yes, some are indeed very attractive, certainly. But they are usually taken, it seems." Her thoughts returned to the few Denoctians she thought where lovely to look at. Boleyn with his flashy appearance, but his less than appealing personality, "And some might be lovely too look upon, but the moment they open their mouths, they lose some of that appeal."

And then her thoughts went where she'd tried to keep them from.

"And some seem just as haunted as I am, as you were. Eyes so void, so distant, they're like ice. A silent shadow, as unapproachable as darkness itself." Her voice softened, as she looked away, remembering the look in his eyes that first meeting, the way she'd felt her skin creep under his attention, wishing ever so briefly that he might like what he saw. The thrill she got when she'd seen him at the meeting, when she noticed that he had seen her. Once more remembering that first meeting, wondering what he had thought of her now. What he'd seen when he'd looked at her. And yet he was still so silent, so unapproachable. So unreachable.

So why could she not shake him from his mind?

Why now, so many seasons later, was she as drawn now as she was then. "Of course, I also suffer from having a type I fear. And you know what they say about tall, dark and mysterious stallions. They are usually more trouble than they are worth . . ." So why did she feel like she'd be okay feeling the burn of cold from the ice in Vikander's eyes, if only to be a little closer to him. If only to see if she could thaw it. If only because she couldn't shake that attraction, and the familiarity she felt when she saw the same facade in his gaze that she hid behind herself.

Like a moth to a flame, she was drawn to his coldness.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Luvena
Notes: <3 <3

and imagine a winner holding pink champagne
Wwo still loves her daddy but changes her name
an overachiever, even she don't believe her own fame
art by bingo

Messages In This Thread
Spill the Tea - by Luvena - 09-24-2021, 04:35 PM
RE: Spill the Tea - by Caelum - 09-24-2021, 06:50 PM
RE: Spill the Tea - by Luvena - 09-24-2021, 07:23 PM