Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - come back and sing to me

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
these lies are leading me astray its too much for me to stay
i don't wanna live this destiny it goes on endlessly
The greetings brought a smile to her face.

This is what she liked about Denocte, the sense of home she was developing the longer that she stayed her. Sure, some days were harder than others, some days, the past swirled so heavily in her head that she didn't want to so much as roll out of bed. But other days she could almost feel normal. Other days, her smiles came a little easier. The guilt would weigh a little less. The steps to forgiving herself, to healing the pain of loss, of her past; was just a little bit smoother, easier, happening faster. It was those days that were becoming Caelum's favorites. She reached for them eagerly, tried so hard to strive for them. Desperately reaching out to meet the day with the brighter smile, the knowledge she could do this.

And should she feel herself slipping?

She had a huge group of friends to support her. Syn, her beloved cousin would hold her up. Luvena would always be at her side, strong and steady and promising her she would be okay. Other friends rallied behind her, smiled to see her, delighted to know her. She had a support group, she had a family here. And the family extended further than just her collection of friends. She felt it now, as he walked through the markets of the city, laughing as others greeted her by name. Some asked her how her shop was doing, to which the newly appointed tea maker was quick to tell them about how things were going. Others promised to drop her off new pastries for her to sell at her shop, for the normal percentage fee. Another mentioned that they'd heard of another entertainer looking for a place to host them, and Caelum would collect their name, where they could be found, so she could invite them for a night to use Faerie Gardens Emporium as a venue.

It was her way of giving back to the kingdom that saved her.

Who is that, the strange red one? She was starting to hear the curious questions, and finally, Caelum sought to try to find the answer herself, only to see a curious stranger, and she frowned uncertainly at his appearance. Not an individual she knew, and she knew a lot of Denocte. She started forward and pondered if maybe she did flirt with trouble as Boleyn suggested with her tendency to greet strangers. But this was a stranger that, as she came closer; seemed to stand in awe of the people moving about, to their proud little city. The fae fluttered along the streets, her feet never touching the ground, least she have flowers bloom up with each step - annoying little things. "Pardon me!" She called in casual greeting, coming closer, but stopping at a respectable distance, wings fluttering to keep her aloft, as she smiled, friendly and welcoming, "I apologize for approaching without warning, but you appear a touch out of it. I just wished to check that you were alright." She explained.

Perhaps introductions would help too.

Her smile remained warm, friendly, and open, "My name is Caelum, I am a medic and the owner of the Tea Shop Faerie Gardens Emporium on the bank of Vitreus Lake. I do not believe I have seen you around Denocte before, are you new to our humble home?" She asked, curious, wondering, and never losing the polite, regal quality to her speech, to the way she stood, as if having attention on her was no strange feat as if she were in a proper setting, a high society party, a ballroom, a courtroom of a palace, rather than among the markets of Denocte. But then again, she'd been raised to always keep that best presentation of yourself in the forefront, and very few could ever get her to drop the regal, aristocratic persona she dawned in public.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Fang
Notes: Was planning on replying in the morning, but couldn't get any sleep, so now i am trying to exhaust myself to sleep haha

i see you so please stay strong
i'll sing you one last song and then i'm gone
i don't wanna live this destiny it goes on endlessly
art by bingo

Messages In This Thread
come back and sing to me - by Fang - 09-26-2021, 11:09 PM
RE: come back and sing to me - by Caelum - 09-27-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: come back and sing to me - by Fang - 09-27-2021, 12:11 PM
RE: come back and sing to me - by Caelum - 10-03-2021, 06:56 PM
RE: come back and sing to me - by Fang - 10-04-2021, 01:25 AM
RE: come back and sing to me - by Caelum - 10-04-2021, 07:29 PM
RE: come back and sing to me - by Fang - 10-17-2021, 02:48 AM