Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - come back and sing to me

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline reli [PM] Posts: 28 — Threads: 8
Signos: 565
Night Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  12 [Year 499 Summer]  |  18.3 hh  |  Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Neverland is home to lost boys like me
and lost boys like me are free
He is quickly caught up in the modesty of it all. It has been far, far too long; Fang had all but forgotten what it is like to live without the incessant weight of fear looming to cloud one’s mind. For months he has been on edge, constantly on alert, unable to rest—not wondering if monsters existed to threaten his people, but knowing that they were there and only trying to stop them before they unleashed their bloody fury on his home. He still cannot shake his guard—the Terrors have left their mark on him, body and mind—but seeing the people here live so normally is like a balm on an old wound he forgot was aching.

“Pardon me!”

Fang is startled when someone directs their attention to him, the shadow of his smile fading as rounded ears prick forward and ember eyes widen as though he’s been caught. A delicate mare flutters toward him, carried by unique wings he has only ever seen the likes of once before, and wearing a grin as warm as her brown eyes. Still, her amiability does little to diminish the embarrassment that twists his gut. Realizing how strange he must have seemed (marveling at them, just living their lives), the stallion shifts self-consciously, his leathery wings pressing closer to his sides before they relax again.

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to stare; it’s just, I—” he fumbles, because what is he supposed to say? That he’s been haunted by ruthless beasts for so long that he envies the ease with which they go about their lives? What a way to introduce himself. “I’m new here, yes,” he settles for lamely, hoping he doesn’t come off as awkward as he feels.

Clearing his throat, Fang attempts to gather some shred of composure. “A pleasure to meet you, Caelum, and thank you for your welcome. I haven’t explored much of Denocte yet, but what I’ve seen of your humble home is really quite beautiful,” russet lips twist around his pointed canines in a soft smile. The gesture doesn’t come as easily as it once did—his grin doesn’t quite reach his eyes, and the lines of his expression have been weathered by grief—but his warmth is still genuine. “I’m anxious to see more—maybe I’ll even stop by your tea shop sometime. By the lake, you said?” His grin twists a little more to one side. He knows the lake, in a way. That is where he had first found himself in Novus, ousted unceremoniously from one world to another, safe at last but utterly alone.

(Adira, his heart cries, did you make it out too?)

Not comfortable feeling so raw in the company of a stranger, the red stallion swallows his sorrow with another ghost of a smile. “My name is Fang, by the way,” he inclines his head to the blue mare, blinking away the curls that have inevitably fallen over his eyes.

tag; @Caelum
“…”
x | x

Lost boys like me
are free.
please tag Fang in all replies; magic and force are permitted

Messages In This Thread
come back and sing to me - by Fang - 09-26-2021, 11:09 PM
RE: come back and sing to me - by Caelum - 09-27-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: come back and sing to me - by Fang - 09-27-2021, 12:11 PM
RE: come back and sing to me - by Caelum - 10-03-2021, 06:56 PM
RE: come back and sing to me - by Fang - 10-04-2021, 01:25 AM