Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - come back and sing to me

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
these lies are leading me astray its too much for me to stay
i don't wanna live this destiny it goes on endlessly
His words produce a small smile.

Kind, was she really though? Was she really, truly kind; or was that the face she put forward, the stately fae-queen facade she had worn since she was old enough to acknowledge that she had to behave differently in public. TO put her best hoof forward. To smile beguile at the people, to wave, and graciously greet everyone who comes to visit. To always look presentable, refreshed, elegant, lovely. Even now, even today; the runaway Queen she was; she couldn't knock back those habits. She couldn't be the way she was raised. Now, those praises of her people rang like scorn through her head. The people's queen. The beloved flower. The light of summer. It felt like a joke, or perhaps, her facade was the joke.

She is careful not to show any of this on her features.

Where his face betrays everything, Caelum has mastered the art of hiding her emotions. Few can see into the depths of those chocolate eyes and allowed a glimpse at the turmoil that swims beneath the surface. Few see the hues soften to almost a caramel when she's feeling tender affection for another, others aren't allowed to watch that chocolate turn as dark as ink when she's struggling to contain her ire. Those eyes no longer reflect her emotions so freely, she's become a carved, porcelain doll with a painted-on smile, refusing to unbury those emotions, still hurting from the last time she'd let it come ripping free with Luvena. But, it's no longer from a desire to keep it bottled up.

She was healing now, finally.

But, for her own safety, she gave plenty of rest before unraveling each emotion-filled, heart-wrenching string; saying goodbye to a struggled memory of pain, so she could smile once more at the memories trapped behind the heartbreak. Each venture into her own head was difficult, would leave her a zombie for a day or so after, and carefully concealing her emotions for another week, as she healed enough to do that next deep dive. But it was helping. Arson's memories brought smiles. She could laugh at the antics of Calico. She could now hum the lullabies her parents once sang to her. It progressed, thanks to Luvena's support in letting herself heal.

Did this stallion need that same healing?

She smiled a little more readily, watching him stretch his smile wider, and her tone is gentle, "You do not need to try so hard . . . to smile. Many of Denocte come from broken pasts, from heartache, or troubles. You will not be judged here if your smile does not reach your eyes." She soothed gently, and she doesn't hesitate to reach out, to touch his shoulder gently, "We are a people who do not judge." She assured. Two foals burst past, and Caelum jumps slightly, wings buzzing. In a moment of her startle, flowers blossom around her crown, petals shedding around her ears, down her mane, as her magic feeds of the momentary letting go of her emotions. But she smiles at the sight. Even a few weeks ago, the sight of children would have contracted her heart, memories of her own child who hadn't been allowed to grow old enough to run with others and to learn to play.

She glances back to the stallion.

She pauses, seeing the emotion in his eyes, wondering just what all he might be thinking. At his words, she smiled warmly, her eyes brightening briefly at the idea of another customer - another piece of proof that she could be successful in her ventures of getting her shop off the ground, "Well, please feel free to stop by. I am fairly certain I can convince the owner to allow you the first cup for free." She offered, with a friendly and playful wink. Her actions were the true definition of friendly, rather than flirtatious. The casual companionship, that came from being so deeply connected to Denocte that she sought to help include anyone into settling into the home she treasured so much.

At his sheepish admission, Caelum tilts her head.

Her smile isn't judging, but rather understanding, "I would have been surprised if you did not. But I've also known new immigrants who felt the need to figure out what this kingdom is like on their own. However, I would take great delight in showing you around." She finally lands onto the pavement, a small collection of flowers blooming up where each hoof falls, leaving a trail of the wildflower behind her. She rolls her eyes when one of the vendors calls out a friendly, "You wanna stop by my garden and dance around it, Miss Caelum? Sure would make my wife happy to see flowers again, Caligo knows I can't keep them alive for her." The mare rolls her eyes in amusement, even as she feels the embarrassment of leaving the trail of flowers. But it is easier to lead from ground level than flight.

She'd sacrifice a bit of comfort to help a new member.

He asks a question then, what Novus is like, about if there was more than one court, what separates them? She is thoughtful for a moment, "Novus is full of all kinds, but there are four official Courts. Night Court, which makes our home in Denocte. To the North of us, is the Day Court, which lives in Solterra. It is mostly a large desert, really. I am not too fond of it. For a summer fae, even that heat is a bit much for me. To the West, on the other side of the Terminus Sea is Dusk Court, which lives in Terrastella, and to the North-West of us, on the opposite side of the continent is the Dawn Court that makes their home in Delumine. Most of the lands are separated by geological features. For example, the Arma mountain range is our defensive barrier, as typically only those of our kingdom know the safe paths to travel through it. However, those of us with wings have a minor advantage if we were to slip and fall from a cliff." She teased with a soft smile.

She then looks around the markets, the kingdom.

Denocte is so much more alive now, so much more free feeling. She pauses by the Citadel, nodding to it, "This is the royal home of our sovereign, Israfel. A gracious queen, if I may say so myself, but I am a little more fond of her girlfriend; as Luvena is one of my dearest friends." She stated with a laugh before her gaze turns back to the kingdom that is now spread out around them from this center point over looking it all. "Down in the Market place you shall be hard-pressed to not find something you are looking for there. I am told our markets are so vast and impressive, they draw in members of other courts to sell their wares as well. The Plains are over that way, rolling hills that are lovely no matter the time of day - and of course the Lake, that I am rather partial to myself, seeing as it is where I have decided to call home."

She glances back at Fang then, her smile gentler.

This time she looks at him with the softness of understanding, "Novus is not always a peaceful place, we have had our own spells of issues that crop up of course . . . but, I have found that in those moments, all of Novus will rise up to help each other out. But, here; in Denocte; we live in relative peace yes. But I think that is more for the way that Denocte is ran. We see ourselves as a collection of misfits, oftentimes. But, that also means Denocte is a place that offers second chances, a safe place for those of us who need healing to receive it. To learn to smile and laugh again; when we no longer thought it was possible."

She smiles reassuringly before her gaze drifts back to the land.

"It has given me a second chance, and I am rather certain if you were to look for it, yourself; it would offer you a place too. Where you will no longer have to worry, and can relearn how to smile fully again. If only you let it."

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Fang
Notes: <3

i see you so please stay strong
i'll sing you one last song and then i'm gone
i don't wanna live this destiny it goes on endlessly
art by bingo

Messages In This Thread
come back and sing to me - by Fang - 09-26-2021, 11:09 PM
RE: come back and sing to me - by Caelum - 09-27-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: come back and sing to me - by Fang - 09-27-2021, 12:11 PM