Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Changes and Challenges

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
sister, i hear you laugh, my heart fills full of love
keep me please, sister, when you cry
i feel your tears, running down my face
The mare was half asleep.

Her eyes were closed, as she rested, the ice and frozen statues around showing the reasoning behind the exhaustion, as she took a quick nap to help catch up on her energy. Of course, it was moments like this that seemed to be when she would get visitors. Her finned ears flicked, and her eyes half opened, hearing the slight sound. She yawned as she uncurled from her slipping place at the bank of the swamp. Moving to stand however had a firm, clawed paw on her shoulder, "Peace, Yuki. I'll be fine. Not like she knows you, so I can't have you bring her here." She teased, sleepily, allowing her companion to curl up around her neck, hugging her slightly.

Bel stretched again, biting back another yawn.

She moved slowly, legs feeling like lead, but the feeling came with the knowledge she was continuing to grow, to have mastery over her magic, to feel that power at her command. Even now, Her companion was telling her about how, once she had full mastery, felt comfortable, she'd find her next magic growing, the final piece to connect it all together, to let her be the tempest her people once focused their goals on. Back before they grew weak, before they forgot who they were. It made sense, looking back at it now, how the oldest of the elders stared with such contempt at the younger ones. It also made more sense why that one mare, the one who spoke so strongly of the stories had urged her to leave, to find herself. THe memory had her pause briefly.

The words came back, but this time, she understood so much more.

"The Empress will guide you in life, you're worth so much more than this little pod can offer you, young Bel. You are what we came from, a tempest of the sea, if only you can find those connections again. It might have died in the hearts of the others, but those of us from the old days, from those final times at home. We see you. We believe in you."

At the time she didn't know what that meant.

She didn't believe in The Empress back then, her people didn't speak of it. That came from Yuki, and yet that elderly mare, who glowed so steadily at her old age, when others would begin to fade; she spoke of the Empress, so revently. She was the reason that Bel had gone her own way, and it was the right decision to made. It made her who she was today, so closely connected to The Empress, she had heard her voice. Had wept with tears at the praise. That knowledge aided in her strength as she approached her sister, "Pol?"

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes:: 

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
Changes and Challenges - by Polar North - 09-27-2021, 12:41 PM
RE: Changes and Challenges - by Below Zero - 09-30-2021, 09:40 AM
RE: Changes and Challenges - by Polar North - 10-03-2021, 09:10 PM
RE: Changes and Challenges - by Below Zero - 10-04-2021, 03:59 PM
RE: Changes and Challenges - by Polar North - 10-11-2021, 05:20 PM
RE: Changes and Challenges - by Below Zero - 10-24-2021, 10:04 PM