Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - The Sound of Silence

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
Hello, darkness, my old friend, I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping, left its seeds while I was sleeping
The small mare tilted her head as she hovered a few inches off the ground.

The marketplace was as lively as ever. And while Caelum might not be searching for anything in particular, she still loved the air of it - the atmosphere. It reminded her of back home. It was bittersweet, indeed. . . But she did not fight it, clinging to this energy. It made Denocte so special to her. It was healing her, encasing those wounds on her heart in a soft Balm, letting them heal slowly. Luvena said she needed to heal, and while it hurt at times . . . She was determined to try even if it required time to get there.

Today was an easy day. 

She fluttered from stall to stall, conversing casually with those she knew, being introduced to others when someone didn't know who she was. It warmed her heart to feel so accepted someplace. Almost as much as it warmed her heart to hear all the words they had, the praises they spread, about her tea shop. There was so much vibrancy to her soul at the way they all had such high reviews. A matter of pride, to see it so well received. A success she had built up herself, though she knew it was the networking she did that kept it running. Multiple small bakeries in Denocte were making more from the cut of profits they received for Caelum selling their products in her shop. Fellow medics were utilizing her store to trade what they had for herbs that they needed.

It had something for everyone.

Caelum wanted her shop to be more than a mere tea shop, and it's why Tea wasn't in the name. It was embracing her heritage as a Fae, medicine, food, drinks, and entertainment. The only thing The Faerie Gardens Emporium was missing was a constant state of summer. But that had been her father's gift as King of the Summer Court. He had the abilities of eternal summer. Caelum was just the runaway daughter of Oberon, why her people saw her as queen. She'd never know . . . She didn't deserve that love.

She had failed them.

Deep down, she understood though, deep down, she knew her people loved her, cared for her. She was the people's princess. She had won their hearts as a filly when she raced the streets with the farmer's boy and treated everyone she met as equals. Was it so surprising they'd fought valiantly in her name to defend Primulan City? But the guilt ate at her heart. It would be a long time before she forgave herself for killing her kingdom.

A light touch, the call of her name. 

Caelum looked up and smiled softly to the concerned, elderly mare, "Oh, I am dreadfully sorry, I got lost in my thoughts. The colors on these fabrics are lovely! If you get around to using a lighter, more sheer fabric, do let me know. But I would be delighted to take some of the thicker wool blends." The mare laughed, reciting the well-known colors Caelum dressed her shop in Orange, yellow, Blue, Red - colors that felt warm. Like summer. It was promised to be delivered by the following week before winter could set in, and Caelum smiled as she set a large amount of money down for the order, " Do not argue with the amount. I intend to be paying for your nephews to help me install them again. I hear they have been seeking spending money and inquiring about odd jobs." Caelum dismissed the thanks even as the two young stallions perked up and eyed the money in front of their aunt.

Their eagerness was so apparent.

Caelum merely winked playfully and finalized when they would show up to help her set the curtains up before winter. She made sure to pay extra for weights to be sewn into the bottom to make it easier for them to keep the shop warmer, all while ordering a different set for her private bedroom windows. Exchanging fair wells, Caelum turned back to the Market, continuing her walk, stopping at random shops along the way. She browsed jewelry that seemed to gleam up at her. Paused to look over books (usually picking a few medicinal or herbal guides). She laughed and exchanged pleasantries quickly. 

Then she saw the shade. 

She almost overlooked him, but the slight stop in her heart had her pausing, her gaze turning back to the man dressed in shadows. He looked the same as she remembered from that night so long ago, in a silent world, grieving for one's loss. Her body slowly sank to the ground, small flowers popping up where her tiny hooves touched, growing up and around the fae's ankles. Her wings folded softly down, and for the first time in a long time, she found herself hesitating. Did she approach? Keep her distant? Would her company be appreciated? Did he think of her as often she had wondered about him. Her gaze suddenly dropped, focusing on her dark legs. To the steady, pulsating warmth Tiana's soul offered to her from within the red pendant. She had seen him briefly at Isra's address. The silent, dark shadow. She had felt it the moment his eyes had landed on her.

The way it made her heart beat faster.

She hadn't approached him then either, but Lu was right. She deserved something better than just existing. And so, despite the nervous butterflies in her belly, Caelum's gaze lifted, chocolate eyes softening, slowly made her way through the crowd, approaching cautiously. Closed the distance to a respectable one,"Vikander." She greeted, surprising herself at how soft her voice was, at how skittish her heart seemed to be. How ridiculous it felt to be behaving like a filly seeing a handsome stallion for the first time.

She was pathetic, wasn't she?

She hoped this wouldn't get back to Lu, or worse, Isra. Least, either tease her about where the calm and collected fae had gone when face to face with tall, dark, mysterious, and sinfully good looking. She did tell Lu she had a type, didn't she? "You look . . . . Well.

Sweet Caligo, could she get any more awkward?

Her gaze lowers, a sense of embarrassment staining her insides with shame. She was too old to behave like this. So why did this stallion always seem to draw it out of her? He probably did see her as an odd, weird thing. Why did she approach? Why didn't she nod from a distance and keep walking? Why, with him, did the perfectly poised princess suddenly disappear . . . ? 

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Vikander @Sparrow
Notes:

And the vision that was planted in my brain
still remains within the sound of silence