Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - I’m cold-hearted, better off alone

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline reli [PM] Posts: 28 — Threads: 8
Signos: 565
Night Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  12 [Year 499 Summer]  |  18.3 hh  |  Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

His ears perk at her initial words, recognizing her tone—weighted and weathered by pain—knowing it because his voice has borne the same. Better than death calling to them, he thinks to himself as the Terrors flash again through his mind, offering only a low hum as a response.

“I wonder if any of them know what it is like to lose everything.”

This statement comes unexpectedly, and it hits the stallion so pointedly that his eyes snap sharply to the dark mare as a chill crawls down the back of his neck. You too? His gaze questions her silently, a sudden desperation rippling along the edges of his expression. Sometimes his despair isolates him so much from the rest of the world, he often forgets that he is not alone in his suffering—not always, not entirely. “It is…impossible to explain. And even more futile for them to understand,” Fang murmurs when he is able to find words again. Truly, it is a pain one cannot fathom until you have been afflicted by it yourself.

Clearing his throat, he finds himself shaking his head at her apology—not to dismiss her remorse, but to reassure her that it is unnecessary. There should be no shame in heartache.

“No need to apologize, Syn,” his lips twist into something of a smile, “I, perhaps more than most, know how easy it is to be swallowed by grief.” The embers of his eyes drift for a moment, watching the crowd without really seeing them. He’s taken for a moment back to those final moments, surrounded by ash and shadow and death—he fears he will never escape the anguish that gnaws steadily at his heart.

Like someone has pricked him with a needle, he is hurdled back to the present, inhaling a trembling breath before he speaks again. “And with that pleasant introduction now out of the way…my name is Fang,” he chuckles humorlessly, lowering his head after a moment to meet the vivid gaze of the stranger. “I hurt too,” he purses his lips, because the words hadn’t sounded as lame in his mind as they do to his ears. “Do you want to talk about it? Or do you want to forget about it? I can oblige either way,” the boy attempts a crooked grin, pressing his leathery wings closer to his sides, half expecting her to run him off in indignation.

tag; @Absynthe
“…”
Livin’ like we’re renegades
fang
x | x

Lost boys like me
are free.
please tag Fang in all replies; magic and force are permitted

Messages In This Thread
RE: I’m cold-hearted, better off alone - by Fang - 04-13-2022, 11:08 PM