Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - My heart is a battlefield

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

Luvena

She turned towards the door as her apprentice entered the clinic, now flooded with warm light from the window. She accepted the tea from Pol with a quick dip of her head. “Oh I’m well” she replied stubbornly, taking a sip. The taste of chocolate and mint washed over her tongue, though it wasn’t enough to mask the feverfew and chamomile. She didn’t miss the bitterness of mullein either. It was hard to get such things past the old healer. “Your head for remedies has come a long way” she remarked with raised brows, hinting to the mare that she knew what she’d slipped in there out of concern for her teacher. “Though licorice does rather the same thing as mullein… and tastes better.” She didn’t mean it ungratefully, and the tone of her voice indicated so, but she never let Pol leave here without learning something. 

The young mare was doing her a favor helping her, and Luvena was determined to make sure it was worth her while. “Autumn is certainly making itself known though. You know how it is…” Pol had helped her all through the last winter. “Never you worry about me though. Do you have enough mint for that tail through the winter?”  She knew her tail bothered her with the cold. Inflammation of an old injury. It was in fact, how she had met the girl. 

She found herself laughing at the question. “She’s doing well. Though I’ve been helping her with some of the more administrative things. Israfel can be a touch hot-headed, and while I love her for it, someone has to keep that from boiling over. And I’m no stranger to the duties of a queen” she paused for a brief moment, unsure if that was something she had told Polar North or not. Her ears perked a little at the sight of the blanket. “It’s gorgeous. But Pol dear, you shouldn’t be spending your wages on gifts for me. You have yourself to take care of!” She took the blanket regardless, knowing her apprentice wouldn’t take it back. She put it on over the one she already wore, staving off the chill that was always settled deep into the walls of the clinic. 

She walked over to the workbench, looking for a list to hand over. “Here” she offered it. “A list of things that need to be prepared for today. This one here” she gestured with her nose to the third item down, roughly underlined. “Needs to be done first. For strangles - don’t worry I sent them away immediately - But the other medic doesn’t have the herbs for it” she stressed the middle, knowing the look Pol would give her regardless. “How’s your sister?” she asked, changing the topic quickly. She hadn’t seen Below Zero in over a year, though she remembered her fondly as well.

@Polar North
Table © Camy

Messages In This Thread
My heart is a battlefield - by Polar North - 10-19-2021, 09:01 PM
RE: My heart is a battlefield - by Luvena - 10-20-2021, 08:59 AM
RE: My heart is a battlefield - by Polar North - 11-04-2021, 05:41 PM
RE: My heart is a battlefield - by Luvena - 11-04-2021, 08:03 PM
RE: My heart is a battlefield - by Polar North - 11-07-2021, 08:34 PM
RE: My heart is a battlefield - by Luvena - 11-07-2021, 08:58 PM
RE: My heart is a battlefield - by Polar North - 11-07-2021, 10:25 PM
RE: My heart is a battlefield - by Luvena - 11-07-2021, 11:01 PM
RE: My heart is a battlefield - by Polar North - 11-07-2021, 11:50 PM