Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Tell me another riddle

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Briallu [PM] Posts: 14 — Threads: 4
Signos: 10
Night Court Citizen
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  15 [Year 495 Fall]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: Clairvoyance  |    Bonded: N/A

She's made him angrier by calling him an idiot, she knows it and is prepared to hear some kind of snap back. Instead she feels him relax while she rests her head on him. She doesn't want to move away from him, doesn't want to have a full on discussion about emotions, and how the future might play out. His bark of a laugh makes her flinch slightly, unprepared for that and the words that followed after. Io's ears tip back slightly while stepping forward like he had the ability to swallow her whole, hide her away from the world, like she could simply melt into him. Taking a deep breath she's calmed by the scent of firewood, tears forming to cling to her eyelashes despite her eyes being closed. "But does chasing me and desiring me mean I'm really what you need Gaston?" She wants to bite back what she says next but she can't, this is a conversation they need to have. "Your devotion has always been enough but...If I'm always hurting you is it worth the pain?" Lifting her head she tries to press her own cheek against his when the tears start to track down her face. "I want this, I really do. I want an us. I just don't know how to do it, I'm scared of what will happen if I ruin us."

She gives a half groan, half scoff at his comment about being a wench and old age. "I think you forgot who's older here Riddles, if anyone is getting too old it might be me." The next time he speaks Io's chest pangs and she doesn't fight against him bringing her closer, it's a comfort to her just as much as it was to him. "God, why are you like this? Why do you have to know me so well? I won't run anymore, we can find a way to fix this, and I'll find a way to work through my own issues. Gaston...If I end up not being want you need whether it's now or in the future you need to let me know."

Listening to his riddle she thinks for a second and then Io frowns, pulls her head away, and stares at him with a look that could scream ''really?'' "My God you're corny. I almost don't want to answer that but I will just for you. It's love." She wants to roll her eyes while tucking her head back into him, the golden mare hums slightly when she closes her eyes again, her tears have stopped. "Kwara yassen amin, saesa." Knowing that Io's never taught him anything of her language she has an amused smile to let him be, possibly, confused for a few moments. "Stay with me, please. Let's stay like this, just like this. Together. Whatever happens tomorrow or in the future we can face it together but for just this moment I want to stay like this."

"Talk."
NATIVE LANGUAGE, HOVER OVER ME
Thoughts
Chandrakant

Tags » @Gaston
Voice » Liv Tyler as Arwen
OOC »

Loving me must be so terribly hard
and I'm so terribly sorry
x | x

Mild force & magic permitted within reason
Io's moon marking is on her left hip only and her burn scar on her right shoulder
I sing in Greek and I pray in Latin,
I ache in a language so old that even the earth no longer remembers; 
so dead that it has returned to dust.

Messages In This Thread
Tell me another riddle - by Io Kairavi - 10-21-2021, 05:44 AM
RE: Tell me another riddle - by Gaston - 10-22-2021, 06:44 PM
RE: Tell me another riddle - by Io Kairavi - 10-22-2021, 08:02 PM
RE: Tell me another riddle - by Gaston - 10-22-2021, 10:04 PM
RE: Tell me another riddle - by Io Kairavi - 11-04-2021, 01:57 AM
RE: Tell me another riddle - by Gaston - 11-11-2021, 10:00 AM
RE: Tell me another riddle - by Io Kairavi - 11-19-2021, 01:01 AM