Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - There is a lighthouse, five hundred yards down

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world
There was a crispness to the air.

Breathing in, Veil's eyes slid shut, closing off the galactic pink from the world. Her mind was fluttering with half-developed thoughts and emotions, of excitement as hot as a burning supernova, with curiosity to see and explore that shot through her mindscape like a comet passing through the system. Unknown. New. Different. Exciting. While she was beginning to understand more words, her thoughts still consisted mostly of emotions rather than words themselves. Experiences and imagery and connections were made that didn't yet have words assigned to them. It was the same thoughts she got when visiting the other lands. Day always made her imagine Jane's smiling face, the warm of the sun, the spices in the air coating her throat. How Veneror Peak made her think of bitter coldness like deep, deep space, of strength and pain and expanses of ivory.

It was easier for Veil to think with images.

At least for now, while she didn't have the words to support those thoughts. Her wings extended out, and as she opened her eyes, she allowed herself to free fall from the cliffs in Solterra. The rushing of the wind, as she plummeted, star dust swirling around her like a meteor briefly before her smile brightened her features and with a powerful downward thrust, and the angling of her body, she soared. Wings carried her higher, higher through the air. She could feel it growing colder, air growing denser, heavier, oxygen lower, and her eyes narrowed, carrying her further still, trying to break her last 'highest point'.

It was an ongoing challenge, trying to break the atmosphere, break the pull of gravity around her, break out of the planet's hold and return to the stars. 

But like every time before.
Every. Single. Time.

She fell back.

The ice that clung to her wings, the way she'd stopped breathing, she'd struggled to climb inch by inch, before she could climb no more. With a heavy sigh of defeat, gravity wrenching at her wings, she angled her body back to the ground, and she let herself . . . fall. She didn't flap a wing, she didn't move a feather, instead she seemed to relax into the embrace of gravity, her eyes watching the sky above her, as the darkness, the clouds whipping past her, growing more blue, brighter as she descended through the air. The fall hurt almost as much as the shock of oxygen to her systems once more. But the star didn't care, her heart was tearing up in disappointment, as she finally let her wings flare, and carry her through the air, rather than plummeting. Catching an updraft she allowed herself to soar, a shooting star as she crossed through spaces between courts.

She wasn't ready to go home defeated.

Instead the star touched down on the mountain range, her gaze dancing through the trees, star dust trailing form her form, creating a wafting cloak that shimmered in the colors of the galaxy painted against her hide. Her galactic gaze glanced around curiously. She'd visited Denocte before, the odd lands calling to her like the silent lure of space yearning her home. She might live in Solterra, but she craved the quiet acceptance of Denocte. But it was the first time in the mountains. She moved with soft, light steps, wings tucking up against her sides, as she wove between the trees, listening to the soft sounds of the animals, birds twittering between the trees, and slowly a smile touched her muzzle.

She might not have made it to space again.
But Veil was slowly falling in love with Novus.

And it hurt less each time she returned to the ground.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Alecto
Notes:: So, here's my sweet Veil. The land-bound star haha.
Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?

Artist Credit to Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
There is a lighthouse, five hundred yards down - by Veil Nebula - 10-31-2021, 03:03 PM