Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - There is a lighthouse, five hundred yards down

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world
The star dust spread out like a comfort around her.

It was like a portion of home brought with her, where ever she went, and to that, there would be a never-ending sense of relief. That no matter how long the gravity of this rock kept her from rejoining her brothers and sisters in the sky, the star wasn't totally alone. She had something that kept her grounded in her knowledge that she was more, that she wasn't just a wayward horse trying to go about a land-locked life. She was a star. She lived and breathed with her own radioactive combustion within her chest, feeding her body the valuable elements that she needed to stay alive, she needed to exist. Because she was more than just an equine. She was a star too.

And yet, she was still stuck.

She tried not to think about it, not when she could help it. Focusing on something less, or perhaps something more. Jane and the home they were building in the place of the Sun. While Jane was gone, she had been the first appointed 'family' that Veil had ever made on this rock, and that made the mare special. But it was also these things that had Veil feeling more and more lonely. Because she felt lost, she felt confused, she felt like she was trying to balance her way in the world with very little holding her steady. Lost, wayward soul.

She tried to fit in, but it was hard.

She could barely understand the means of communication they used after all. And having few to practice speech with - made it even more difficult. It had her clinging tightly to the few friends, companions; she made because it made that bond so much more feverishly, desperately needed. Because, when it came down to it, the loneliness, the sudden disconnection to the stars and universe, the disappearance of Jane, the sudden constant of being on her own, alone . . . it was making the star so lonely, struggling to shine, starting to fade.

It made her so much more aware of just how alone she was.

A single star trapped on a rock with no others like her. A single star adrift in a black hole. She could almost feel that intense pressure cutting through her body, strangling her, cutting her off from the world. The intense pressure, the pain, as her molecules condense into a smaller, and smaller, and smaller, and smaller bundle. Until there would be nothing left of her, and she's scattered as wayward, uncollected energies through the cosmos. She feared that spiral, to feel any of that again.

It was one of the reasons she wandered so often.

Solterra, while having Jane, having a place to call home, it didn't feel like home. The people were too loud, too vibrant. The sun too hot, the world too bright. It wasn't what she was familiar with, it wasn't what she yearned for She yearned for the cold, darkness of space. The expanding world, with galaxies that dot the horizons like small pinpoints of vibrancy to cut through the icy darkness. That is why her hooves, her wings, so often carried her to Denocte.

It's why she was here now.

She moves between the trees, curious as she explores the mountain range she hadn't been to yet, letting it soothe her thoughts, her mind, her being. Until a flash of gold catches her attention. For a moment she hopes it's Jane, the gold shining off the vein work that would crisscross over her skin like a mosaic. But it's not, there is too much of it, and finally, a stallion comes into view, decked in a mash-up of darkness and light. She stands still, cautious, curious as her gaze roams over him, her wings tucking against her side, head tilting slightly, the pink galaxy eyes gentle, curious. He inclines his head, and it takes her a moment to remember that's the quiet version of the greeting sound, and so she returns it, dipping her head elegantly, her delicate muzzle briefly brushing her own neck, before she offers a kind, a soft smile, innocent and openminded, friendly and naive, "Hello." But the voice is at odds, old, wise, knowing. A voice that speaks of a long time of being alive, but tempered by the naivety of a new form, a new existence as a being she'd not been before.

But the star says nothing else, she falls quiet and she waits.

To see if he'd be a passing meteor, continuing along his way.

Or if he'd stay around and try to talk.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Alecto
Notes:: I wont lie, I'm super excited about this haha. Veil needs more friends anyhow.

Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?

Artist Credit to Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
RE: There is a lighthouse, five hundred yards down - by Veil Nebula - 11-14-2021, 12:01 PM