Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Let the stars guide you

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world
The star-spun being stood silent.

Her approach was noted, she'd seen that when the ears had flicked back, and the other appeared ready to go into a panic, before seeming to settle their emotions. Veil watched this all curiously, eyes observing the other's reactions, how the mask slid into place, how they appeared to calm themselves - at least in appearance. But she doubted that peace ran soul deep. Perhaps it was instinct, perhaps it was her own unique magic sending her patient cues, hints, what to expect. The mare started to speak, as she turned around before pausing, and that spin came faster, until pink, galactic eyes met the emerald of the mare before her.

Veil tilted her head to the side.

She'd not been who the other had thought, had expected. That much was obvious she spoke, the sounds she made were soft, and seemed almost melodic to the young star who was only beginning to grasp communications. Unfortunately, there was not much she knew in the words. You, I, am. The two sentences spoken, and she understood three whole word. It was almost startling to the young star how far she had to go, to understand, to comprehend the noises those on this rock made. Three words out of many, four if you counted the basic grasp that was more like a loose idea of the meaning of the sound, 'see'.

Veil's magic always helped to fill in the blanks.

It aided her, it filled her with emotions, of confusion, a sense of not quite lost - but . . . of surprise. Further cementing in her mind that the other must-have commented about not being who was expected to approach. A brie moment of concern crossed her features, wondering if she was crashing a meeting of friends, or lovers; if she should have kept her distance, but then she remembered the second sentence. 'I am [relief, gratitude, the feeling of a pained smile].' She wasn't who the other expected would approach her - but this odd, dark mare was . . . relieved by it? Then the other spoke again.

More words she could barely understand, but this time, more.

'I [shame, regret, the same emotions she connected to 'sorry']. Hello. I am [identifier sound],' then came a whole slew of noises, more than she could hope to understand, comprehend just yet. But it ended with a shorter identifier noise. The noises they assign themselves. Just as she was The Veil Nebula, the one across from her was 'Syn.' Hello. She repeated the greeting from before, but this time, she smiled gently, trying to appear gentle, reassuring.

She paused briefly, considering what to say next.

She supposed introducing herself was the best, as she dipped her head gently, star dust falling from her forelock obscuring her gaze briefly, I am The Veil Nebula. She paused again, before that smile returned, offering the shortened version with the same tone, the same voice that spoke of a wisdom beyond her meager years, a soul as old as time; Veil. Her muzzle then dropped, pausing, her expression shifting, trying to figure out the words to use to express the concern she felt for the other.

You . . . fine? Awkward combination, but it was the best she had.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Absynthe
Notes:: <3 <3 <3

Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?

Artist Credit to Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
Let the stars guide you - by Absynthe - 11-13-2021, 10:15 PM
RE: Let the stars guide you - by Veil Nebula - 11-14-2021, 07:51 PM
RE: Let the stars guide you - by Absynthe - 11-29-2021, 04:25 PM
RE: Let the stars guide you - by Veil Nebula - 11-30-2021, 07:43 PM