Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Splash?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Modes

Played by Offline Morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 1,400
Dusk Court Soldier
Male [He/his]  |  6 [Year 505 Spring]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 42  |    Active Magic: Aegis  |    Bonded: N/A

I'm ready to bleed to make amends
And sleep in this dirt we call our bed
So tell me your secrets
And join me in pieces
To fall and rewrite the bitter end

Sticky and burnt his flesh was seared throughout. Battered wings with missing feathers, scraggly held by his side. The burden of carrying his wings irritated the colt. What use were wings when you could not fly? His once impressive coat was now sooty black. It would be some time before he was recognisable beyond a sooty mess.  

The irritation from being burnt was worsened by the pain of his horns beginning to protrude. It was something akin to teething. This aching headache and the feeling of the growing presence of the horns was taunting. His patience was already worn thin by his current physical struggles. 

To make things worse he had wandered in the dark lost in his thoughts. Now only god knows where he was. This clearly wasn’t the Dusk court. It smelt different, it looked different. There was no land that looked like this that was described to him. Not that being here was unpleasant. The unknown put Aeon on edge. He didn’t know who or what to trust. Everything was different here, there were horses that walked and didn’t fly. Some that were even born without wings. 

He looked up to find himself before the enormous lake. The sun was still nowhere to be seen.  The embrace of the moon hugged the water's surface, reflecting beauty and dazzling light.  He had never seen so much water in his life. He felt called to it, as though it whispered to him. He stepped towards it. The feeling of uncertainty washed from his body. It made no sense whatsoever that he would feel so comfortable approaching the water. 

Without hesitating he flopped into the water, his belly smacking the surface creating waves. The water felt cool and silky, the bottom was soft on his hooves. Unfurling his wings he let them float, taking the weight off his tired body. He rolled and tried to float on his back, laying in much the same way he had landed from falling down the volcano. Unfortunately this resulted in more spluttering and sinking, his body weight didn’t float very well at that angle. 

He kicked and righted himself, stretching out those painful wings once more. He looked up and simply stared at the moon, captured in its embrace.

ooc: @Caelum

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
and if the house just keeps on winning
i got a wildcard up my sleeve
and if love keeps giving me lemons
i'll just mix 'em in my drink
Night wasn't her time.

Or, it shouldn't be. And yet, there was something peaceful about it. It vibrated through her soul like the promise of intrigue, mystery and safe-guarding. It echoed the softest sincerity that she'd be alright. That she could hide. She could heal. She could be, and exist; and not have to worry about who she was, where she came from, and all that she was running from. Over time, the life she had built up in Denocte had come to this. She stood on the edge of the large outdoor seating balcony of her tea shop, watching the stars. The wind that swept over the lake her shop had been built for caused the voluminous waves to dance around her. Her iridescent wings were an almost invisible hum as she hovered just centimetres over the deck (hoping to avoid having to pluck flowers from the wood again).

She was distracted, however.

So when the sound of a splash alerted her to a potential intruder in the area, the runaway Fae Queen jumped, her gaze spinning in the direction to see what looked like a lump of something in the water. The wind carried more knowledge to her, scents of soot, charcoal, and suffrage. Caelum was only still for a brief moment before she began to make her way towards the individual in the water to see if they needed assistance. This close to her shop, she saw no reason to gather any medical supplies when it would be easier to treat with in the comfort of her shop, and the many pillows, blankets and soft bedding like areas for her guests to lay and enjoy tea while conversing with one another.

And that was if the stranger needed help at all.

And so the Embodiment of Summer approached, landing on the sand (ignoring the small white flowers that immediately grew where she stepped), and approached what appeared to be a young colt, almost a stallion; that was floating in the water, wings stretched over the surface. He looked to be in a straight, and Caelum didn't hesitate to approach through the water, ignoring the small aquatic flowers that refused to stop blooming with each step (her magic was persistent like that). "Oh dear, are you alright?" The roaned mare asked, the wind helping to keep the ivory locks out of soft, and warm brown eyes.

The immortal fae was already looking the colt over.

"You look to be injured. I would be happy to offer any assistance. My name is Caelum, I am one of the medics here in Denocte." She added, even as she allowed her wings to flutter. Despite the distance, the wind might be able to kick some of that fairy dust towards him, and should he be so lucky, he'd find that even her fairy dust had minor healing abilities and would at least heal any scrapes and abrasions, and ease any soreness and discomfort.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Aeon
Notes: Worried little fairy eager to help him heal.

and if the whole wide world stops singing
and all the stars go dark
i'll keep a light on in my soul
keep a bluebird in my heart
art by bingo

Dusk Court Soldier
Male [He/his]  |  6 [Year 505 Spring]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 42  |    Active Magic: Aegis  |    Bonded: N/A

So tell me your secrets
And join me in pieces

His moon bathing was disturbed by a voice. He looked toward where the voice was coming from in the dark. She had asked him directly if he was ok. His internal struggle and conditioning urged him to fake indifference and strength. Clearly, he was not ok.

“The volcano erupted in anger, and it’s my fault. My Suffering is deserved.” he replied simply not taking his gaze off the smaller mare. He tried to not let his voice tremble, even this statement at home would have caused further isolation.  If the others could sense a weakness they would lean on it, to capitalize from the suffering of another. He didn’t know this mare, he was wary - what if she was lulling him into a false sense of security? 

Her wings caught his attention immediately. She was unlike anyone he had ever seen before. The flowers that sprouted her feet made him uneasy. He didn’t understand the rules of his land yet. Or how it worked. Marvelously confusing things happened all around him. 

“I’m Aeon, I uh, landed in the dusk court and they have been kind to me. Is that what this place is called? Denocte?” He watched her carefully unsure of whether he should be maintaining a distance or allowing it to be closed. It’s difficult to judge risk and benefits when you don’t fundamentally understand what is possible. 

She had wings and offered healing skills she would have been revered in his old herd. Those who could heal others enabled the viscous and insidious culture of warfare that they followed. He had seen pastes and various patches made by older women. But he had never seen a lady sprout flowers from her hooves before…that was something else all together.

Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
The fae was concerned.

It was hard not to be with the way the little colt looked. Even from where she stood, she could smell the soot, and burnt feathers. See the patchiness of his body. He looked to be in quite the state, and she couldn't imagine how much he must hurt. It felt silly to ask if he was OK, but she also knew that you couldn't just jump the gun in treating anyone. They need to want to be treated. So, she approached with caution.

She wondered about his response however.

It almost seemed scripted, even if he didn't seem willing to look away from her. A volcano erupting in anger, it being his fault? This was deserved? The mare frowned gently, before she moved a little closer, "How could it have been your fault? And no one deserves suffering, I assure you. Least, for my past deeds, I'd be in worse a state than you are." She told him gently, her words soft and gentle . . . as if . . . As if she was speaking to Vasillius rather than a strange colt on the cusp of adulthood.

She couldn't help but worry.

He then seemed to focus on her wings, and she smiled, buzzing them slightly, letting them flick off more of the iridescent dust that wafted off of them like starshine. "I'm a fae." She offers by explanation, though she doesn't go into detail, she never did. How do you explain you're a Fae Queen who has abandoned her home, her people, her everything. She hated herself just for remembering what she did. The little colt draws her attention back to him with his name and the questions.

Instantly Caelum smiles gently, reassuringly.

"My name is Caelum, and you're welcome to shorten it any way you wish. Yes, Denocte is the land that is controlled by Night Court - this court. It's the court I belong to. Though I know a few members of Dusk Court as well." She tilted her head gently, before motioning for him, "Come now, Aeon, please let me at least aid you. I promise I know what I am doing . . . and you look like you could use a bit of healing. I'll even treat you to some tea, and I believe I have some pastries left over from today's sales. Are you hungry?"

Caelum just couldn't help it.

She was a motherly type who never had the chance to mother.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Aeon
Notes: <3

art by bingo

Dusk Court Soldier

So tell me your secrets
And join me in pieces

A worse state than him? What could she have done that was worse than shaking up the entire stability of a herds home? He figured it wasn’t often that the very place you called home was shook into a rage enough to expel its inhabitants. “It is my fault for being unable to reach the sky to honor our elders, my disappointment angered them. So he was enraged and blasted us from our homeland with his fury. Or so they told me.” He said glumly acknowledging that he was challenging his perspective of the events that played out. 

It was difficult to explain to an outsider how deep the guilt ran within him. Pinpointing the exact causes of the feeling was also challenging. Aeon was unused to explaining his feelings. Being shunned had starved him of essential interactions. Most interactions with the herd had been defending himself from their near constant scolding. He had almost zoned out of focus when he heard her speak again. 

“What’s a Faaye?” he asked, butchering the unfamiliar words' pronunciation. His ears peaked forwards listening to what the strange woman had to say. She was entirely different from his kind, she seemed caring and she spoke openly about her emotions. The difference of all this unsettled him. But, his experiences so far in Novus had taught him that there was alot to learn about the world that his past life hadn’t provided. Maybe this was yet again another thing? 

“I am always hungry,” he said with a sigh, his stomach rumbling. The growth spurts were coming more frequently as his body fought its way out of adolescence and closer to adulthood. He knew deep within him that his wings would eventually catch up. It was all too late for his previous life. He would have to build a new one in Novus. When she tilted her head, he mimicked her body language subconsciously. “What's teee and Pasty?” he asked inquisitively, closing the distance between them slightly. All these strange new words and ideas would take some adjusting to. His mind was young enough to welcome the information and the changes around him.

Night Court Medic

Caelum
Caelum rarely talks about herself.

Sure there are those of Novus who know here, who are familiar with her. Some call her a friend, others state she's a fond acquaintance, but many of them have never heard her really talk about herself. Of those who were familiar with her, it was like Luvena who knew her the best (followed closely by Absynthe, even if she and her cousin were at odds for the moment). So, while she didn't talk about what she had done, what she had caused to happen, she doubted this young creature deserved to be in the state he was in. His words further convinced the runaway Queen of this. The mare sighed, shaking her head gently, "My people have our beliefs, and honor system as well, but that does not mean that we would so eagerly cast blame upon a child. Children are supposed to make mistakes, it is how you learn and grow and become stronger. By finding out where your weaknesses are and moving past them. Besides, your wings are hardly grown in enough to climb through the sky just yet. But your time would come. No, I am certain there was something else that went wrong, and it had nothing to do with you. Rather than blame you, they should have protected you to ensure you did not end up in such a state." The mare stated with absolute certainty, even as her voice remained soft, gentle and confrontational.

This was a child still, who needed some gentle guidance.

Thankfully the fae could do gentle. And while she didn't try to erase his guilt, she would try to point him in the right direction to see past it. To look at the situation differently. She knew well enough that one couldn't walk away from guilt carried until they were ready - she carried too much herself to not be aware of that. So, instead, she'd go a different route of providing him with the knowledge to make the decision himself, on if he should feel guilty or not. She did have to laugh when he asked (and butchered) about her species. Smiling, her eyes sparkling with mirth, she replied, "It is what my people are. We are called Fae.Though others may call us faeries." The embodiment of Summer replied. "There are not too many of us left, well, not from my species. And those that do remain tend to keep to themselves." Locked behind a barrier to protect themselves when her homelands had been ransacked, her people slaughtered, her kingdom burnt to the ground.

She shook those thoughts away as he spoke again.

This time, her laugh was even more freeing, the sound soft, bell-like, and full of warmth, "Well, if you are always hungry I can definitely help with that. Up, up, let us head into my shop, I shall get you something to munch on, as I see if I can help you feel a little less pain, yes?" The faerie offered gently, motioning for him to follow her, so he could choose the distance he wanted to keep between them, "Tea and Pastries." She repeats the words slow again, thinking of the best way to describe it, "Tea is like flavored water, some of it is bitter, some of it sweet. As for Pastries. They are like snacks, soft and flakey, and tasting a little like sweet wheat grass, but filled with fruits and other yummy fillings and toppings. Do you have a favorite fruit?" She asked, motioning for him to follow her, so she could lead him up the stairs and into the bright, but warmly lit tea shop.

She smiled, glancing back at him.

It was always moment of curiosity and pride to see a newcomer's reaction to her bright, and cheerful shop. The abundance of pillows to cuddle into. Bright fabrics wafting in the wind from the open doors leading onto the patios, the fairy lights that twinkled with capture fireflies to provide light with out any fire, "Well, find a place to lay down, and I shall get you something to eat, alright?"

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Aeon
Notes: She adores him

art by bingo

Dusk Court Soldier

So tell me your secrets
And join me in pieces

He listened intently to the words that she spoke with such conviction. It did make sense in a roundabout way. They had told him he was too weak to affect anything, or be of value; then suddenly he was to be blamed for making an elder mountain mad? That in itself was conflicting he would acknowledge. His people were gone, he needed to learn about this new land and find his own place or perish. He didn’t feel the burning desire to develop his wings and fly back to them. He would make his life here, on Novus. 

“I don’t know what any of those things are.” he replied simply. “But I like trying new things,” he added quickly. He followed behind her as motioned, feeling still very out of place. He was covered in flecks of mud and burnt flesh. He was the direct opposite of the pristine beauty he was observing.  “Uh, should I wash off somehow before I mess up your entire place?” He said with a guilty tone to his voice. 

These folk spent a lot of time inside. This was something he was unaccustomed to. Enclosed spaces still felt strange and alien. The movement of the fabrics felt like they were reaching out to grab him. He could see their pattern was rhythmic and controlled by something other than a desire to harm him. 

The fairy lights had him transfixed. There was no warmth but there was light. “How does this work?” he asked curiously. He had made assumptions previously but had found himself often incorrect. “Those aren’t tiny creatures stuck in there right?” he asked with a tone of concern. 

Night Court Medic

Caelum
Caelum was observing.

It was a subtle observation, one carefully crafted so as to not make the one being observed uncomfortable. But she was glad for what she was seeing. A young stallion beginning to look at the situation he was in. Beginning to see it was wrong. She wouldn't push forward, the faerie queen knew better than that, and instead, the mare allowed him to come inside. She grinned playfully at his assurances he likes to try new things, "Well, I shall simply have to provide you with a small sampling, shall I? We will find your favorites that way." The regal fae offered, before pausing at his question, and the guilt his voice carried.

She turned towards him with a soft smile, and a shake of her head, "Never you fear, you likely will not be the most messy patron I have had dine in my shop - but more importantly, you are a patient. I may not treat patients very often anymore, but I am still to assist when the need arises. So do not worry, and come inside. You shall not be a bother one bit." She ushered him inside, before noting his reaction to being inside. The mare smiled, before fluttering her way to the different loose fabrics, pulling them back and securing them so the large arches that created an open floor plan with large sections of the walls on two side removed. It wasn't totally enclosed, so perhaps it would settle him.

She returned to him, motioning for him to find a place to lay down, "Feel free to relax where ever you will be most comfortable. The pillows are soft, and should help ease some of the pain as well if you prop yourself up on them. I have already closed the shop for the day, so no one else is likely to arrive." She added, knowing there were few who would stop by her shop after hours, likely other medics, such as Lu (or if she was rarely lucky, Vikander - but she was well aware that was just wishful thinking).

The mare began to make up a tray of snacks and tea, her head lifting at his question as he stared up at the lights, "They have fireflies in them. The tops are open so they can come and go freely, but the small lamp actually keeps them safe and warm in the winter. I make sure they have food as well while they are here. Once winter passes, I shall of course replace the fireflies with simple mage lights, but I wanted to help them survive the winter more efficiently." She explained, walking back with a small tea set, and a handful of various turnovers filled with different fruity insides. More importantly, she set down her personal medical bag, before looking over the colt, "No, will you please tell me exactly where you're injured, and where it hurts the most? We shall see if I cannot help you feel better by the time you wake up in the morning."

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Aeon
Notes: She adores him

art by bingo

Dusk Court Soldier

So tell me your secrets
And join me in pieces

He couldn’t help but let his eyes dwell on the trial of dirt and debris that was strewn behind him. Mixed with clumps of his hair and dried skin. He looked around the shop; the open space was now more appreciable. He sighed softly and resigned himself to that everything would likely be ok. It would continue to niggle and nag at his mind for now, but in time that too would settle. Finding a sitting place fitting of his size, he lowered himself carefully onto it. Propping his tired head upwards, watching the fireflies within their glass homes. 

He listened to her explanation about the creatures that dwelled inside the glass containers. It seemed to make sense. He just wondered how they came to know it would be safe, how they didn’t feel contained. He felt like he was a firefly inside someone else's glass container, no doubt he was here for his own good - but it didn’t ease his wariness. 

“My entire body is singed by the anger of the mountain. My feathers are useless and itchy. Nothing major seems to be broken.” he nosed at some of the scabbed flesh on his side. Crispy textured and irritating, it would be sometime before anyone would be able to appreciate his true appearance. “My forehead is also on fire from where my horns are starting to grow.” Everything was difficult to itch and the more he itched the more it bothered him. 

Speaking of his horns reminded him of his mother. They were no doubt a trait he had inherited from her. She had used them with strength and poise to be a formidable battle mare. However her grounded colt was nothing to be proud of, or train. Maybe if the volcano hadn’t erupted he would have been given a chance to prove them wrong.

Night Court Medic

Caelum
Caelum was observing.

The maiden looked towards the young stallion, head tilting to the side as she followed his gaze to the trail he'd left behind, dirt, debris, clumps of burnt hair and singed, shed dead skin, "Fret not." She reassured, telepathically lifting a broom, and easily sweeping the mess back outside, and off the edge of the porch, "See, an easy cleanup. So now, let us focus on you." She stated, as he found a spot to lay down, his head propped upwards, and she allowed him to watch the bugs dance as she collected him something to eat.

Her ears were perked when he spoke, however, talking about his body being singed completely by the mountain. Useless and itchy feathers, but nothing broken. And his forehead hurt too. She nodded along, her gaze already looking through the different herbs, as she drew up a pot of water, letting it heat over a fire in the back. She hummed as she set to make him a cup of tea, carefully brewed together with Gotu Kola, a herb that helps with skin repair, and speeding up healing processes, lavender to help fight off potential infections, and help with inflammation (particularly with his horns as well), and willow bark to further assist to ease the pain he was likely in. Pouring him a cup, she flavored it with a little honey, to help it go down easier, and set it out for him, "I want you to drink the whole cup, even if it tastes odd. It will help you heal better, alright?" She instructed gently.

Stepping away, she stirred the water that had been heating, dividing it into two bowls before setting one aside, and adding some sprigs of Oregon Grape (perfect to protect against bacteria, and infections), and Aloe Vera to the other. Once completed, she set off to fetch some damp rags to help clean up the mess he was in. Setting those off to the side, she began to mush Plantain, making sure to keep the juice in the paste that would help speed up healing, as stimulate the growth of new skin (as well as being anti-bacterial). Aloe Vera was added as well, to further alleviate the pain of the burns, followed by calendula, which would be useful for preventing blisters, and scarring, and promote the growth of new skin, before finally adding the last ingredient, Comfrey; that would be useful to help aid in any healing of actual lesions beneath the burned areas. The ingredients were all ground together into a paste, and set aside in a bowl, along with a handful of clumps of cobwebs, and lastly, some binding to hold the compresses in place after applied.

Finally returning to the colt, she motioned for him to snack as she telepathically dipped the rag into the herbal, hot water she'd made, and began to gently dab at the burnt skin, trying to clean the gunk gently from him, and at least free up his wounds to the air, rather than let them fester beneath the degree, "This may hurt, but I am just letting your fur soak up the water so that everything that is dried and caked together will loosen so we can begin to clean you up, alright. The water has some Oregon Grape, which will help against infection, and Aloe Vera to soothe the pain of the burns, so hopefully it will hurt less as we get you straightened out." She explained, as she quietly worked, small section by small section, dipping the dirty rag into the second bowl of plain hot water to clean the rag, before dipping it back into the herbal mixture to try and keep the medicine from diluting in the filth coating his body. "Just let me know if I need to pause, so you can take a break at any time, alright Aeon?"

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Aeon
Notes: <3

art by bingo

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »