Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Splash?

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
and if the house just keeps on winning
i got a wildcard up my sleeve
and if love keeps giving me lemons
i'll just mix 'em in my drink
Caelum rarely talks about herself.

Sure there are those of Novus who know here, who are familiar with her. Some call her a friend, others state she's a fond acquaintance, but many of them have never heard her really talk about herself. Of those who were familiar with her, it was like Luvena who knew her the best (followed closely by Absynthe, even if she and her cousin were at odds for the moment). So, while she didn't talk about what she had done, what she had caused to happen, she doubted this young creature deserved to be in the state he was in. His words further convinced the runaway Queen of this. The mare sighed, shaking her head gently, "My people have our beliefs, and honor system as well, but that does not mean that we would so eagerly cast blame upon a child. Children are supposed to make mistakes, it is how you learn and grow and become stronger. By finding out where your weaknesses are and moving past them. Besides, your wings are hardly grown in enough to climb through the sky just yet. But your time would come. No, I am certain there was something else that went wrong, and it had nothing to do with you. Rather than blame you, they should have protected you to ensure you did not end up in such a state." The mare stated with absolute certainty, even as her voice remained soft, gentle and confrontational.

This was a child still, who needed some gentle guidance.

Thankfully the fae could do gentle. And while she didn't try to erase his guilt, she would try to point him in the right direction to see past it. To look at the situation differently. She knew well enough that one couldn't walk away from guilt carried until they were ready - she carried too much herself to not be aware of that. So, instead, she'd go a different route of providing him with the knowledge to make the decision himself, on if he should feel guilty or not. She did have to laugh when he asked (and butchered) about her species. Smiling, her eyes sparkling with mirth, she replied, "It is what my people are. We are called Fae.Though others may call us faeries." The embodiment of Summer replied. "There are not too many of us left, well, not from my species. And those that do remain tend to keep to themselves." Locked behind a barrier to protect themselves when her homelands had been ransacked, her people slaughtered, her kingdom burnt to the ground.

She shook those thoughts away as he spoke again.

This time, her laugh was even more freeing, the sound soft, bell-like, and full of warmth, "Well, if you are always hungry I can definitely help with that. Up, up, let us head into my shop, I shall get you something to munch on, as I see if I can help you feel a little less pain, yes?" The faerie offered gently, motioning for him to follow her, so he could choose the distance he wanted to keep between them, "Tea and Pastries." She repeats the words slow again, thinking of the best way to describe it, "Tea is like flavored water, some of it is bitter, some of it sweet. As for Pastries. They are like snacks, soft and flakey, and tasting a little like sweet wheat grass, but filled with fruits and other yummy fillings and toppings. Do you have a favorite fruit?" She asked, motioning for him to follow her, so she could lead him up the stairs and into the bright, but warmly lit tea shop.

She smiled, glancing back at him.

It was always moment of curiosity and pride to see a newcomer's reaction to her bright, and cheerful shop. The abundance of pillows to cuddle into. Bright fabrics wafting in the wind from the open doors leading onto the patios, the fairy lights that twinkled with capture fireflies to provide light with out any fire, "Well, find a place to lay down, and I shall get you something to eat, alright?"

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Aeon
Notes: She adores him

and if the whole wide world stops singing
and all the stars go dark
i'll keep a light on in my soul
keep a bluebird in my heart
art by bingo

Messages In This Thread
Splash? - by Aeon - 01-04-2022, 12:02 AM
RE: Splash? - by Caelum - 01-04-2022, 06:39 PM