Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Splash?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
and if the house just keeps on winning
i got a wildcard up my sleeve
and if love keeps giving me lemons
i'll just mix 'em in my drink
Caelum was observing.

The maiden looked towards the young stallion, head tilting to the side as she followed his gaze to the trail he'd left behind, dirt, debris, clumps of burnt hair and singed, shed dead skin, "Fret not." She reassured, telepathically lifting a broom, and easily sweeping the mess back outside, and off the edge of the porch, "See, an easy cleanup. So now, let us focus on you." She stated, as he found a spot to lay down, his head propped upwards, and she allowed him to watch the bugs dance as she collected him something to eat.

Her ears were perked when he spoke, however, talking about his body being singed completely by the mountain. Useless and itchy feathers, but nothing broken. And his forehead hurt too. She nodded along, her gaze already looking through the different herbs, as she drew up a pot of water, letting it heat over a fire in the back. She hummed as she set to make him a cup of tea, carefully brewed together with Gotu Kola, a herb that helps with skin repair, and speeding up healing processes, lavender to help fight off potential infections, and help with inflammation (particularly with his horns as well), and willow bark to further assist to ease the pain he was likely in. Pouring him a cup, she flavored it with a little honey, to help it go down easier, and set it out for him, "I want you to drink the whole cup, even if it tastes odd. It will help you heal better, alright?" She instructed gently.

Stepping away, she stirred the water that had been heating, dividing it into two bowls before setting one aside, and adding some sprigs of Oregon Grape (perfect to protect against bacteria, and infections), and Aloe Vera to the other. Once completed, she set off to fetch some damp rags to help clean up the mess he was in. Setting those off to the side, she began to mush Plantain, making sure to keep the juice in the paste that would help speed up healing, as stimulate the growth of new skin (as well as being anti-bacterial). Aloe Vera was added as well, to further alleviate the pain of the burns, followed by calendula, which would be useful for preventing blisters, and scarring, and promote the growth of new skin, before finally adding the last ingredient, Comfrey; that would be useful to help aid in any healing of actual lesions beneath the burned areas. The ingredients were all ground together into a paste, and set aside in a bowl, along with a handful of clumps of cobwebs, and lastly, some binding to hold the compresses in place after applied.

Finally returning to the colt, she motioned for him to snack as she telepathically dipped the rag into the herbal, hot water she'd made, and began to gently dab at the burnt skin, trying to clean the gunk gently from him, and at least free up his wounds to the air, rather than let them fester beneath the degree, "This may hurt, but I am just letting your fur soak up the water so that everything that is dried and caked together will loosen so we can begin to clean you up, alright. The water has some Oregon Grape, which will help against infection, and Aloe Vera to soothe the pain of the burns, so hopefully it will hurt less as we get you straightened out." She explained, as she quietly worked, small section by small section, dipping the dirty rag into the second bowl of plain hot water to clean the rag, before dipping it back into the herbal mixture to try and keep the medicine from diluting in the filth coating his body. "Just let me know if I need to pause, so you can take a break at any time, alright Aeon?"

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Aeon
Notes: <3

and if the whole wide world stops singing
and all the stars go dark
i'll keep a light on in my soul
keep a bluebird in my heart
art by bingo

Messages In This Thread
Splash? - by Aeon - 01-04-2022, 12:02 AM
RE: Splash? - by Caelum - 01-04-2022, 06:39 PM