Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Trigger Warning  - Monster? What Monster? [animal hunting]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 1,400
Dusk Court Soldier
Male [He/his]  |  6 [Year 505 Spring]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 42  |    Active Magic: Aegis  |    Bonded: N/A

I'm ready to bleed to make amends
And sleep in this dirt we call our bed
So tell me your secrets
And join me in pieces
To fall and rewrite the bitter end

The shouting and anger kinda just washed over him. This was nothing unusual. This was how adults he was accustomed to acted. Clearly this was a creature of confidence, bravery and some importance.  “Yes Pangaea, I'll be more careful next time.” spoken with as much sincerity as he could muster, he was largely de-conditioned to respond to raised voices.  This was how the elders at home expected him to respond, anything else would result in a beating. Not that he was very good at always following directions. He however did not look forward to seeing what kind of beating she could dish out with those claws!

His mind reeled back to something she said. “Wait, you hatched?” he asked slightly flustered. “From an egg?” he added with a soft rasp. He had never seen a foal born, but he’d seen pregnant mares before. He’d never seen any of them lay an egg to protect.  His young mind tried to put the pieces together, looking at her and thinking back over the short collection of experiences until now. Surely, mares don’t lay eggs that later hatch into horses? Surely he didn’t come from an egg? Maybe he did come from an egg, and he was actually from a different clan and that's why he couldn’t fly like the others? “Do we all come from eggs?” he added, tilting his head slightly. 

“Maybe you can show me what you like to eat? I'm always hungry lately!” he said excitedly. He had in his vision that she had some other unknown tasty food source. He had been constantly hungry, it was a lot of work to get in the amount of grass to feed his growing young body. He was practically vibrating with excitement. Food was one thing Aeon had always enjoyed. Back at home he had always had to forage on his own to stay full. Often finding himself scraping moss off rocks, different grasses, sampling little bits of everything. Sometimes it resulted in an upset stomach, but often most things agreed with him.

ooc: @Pangaea

Messages In This Thread
Monster? What Monster? [animal hunting] - by Aeon - 01-04-2022, 02:36 AM
RE: Monster? What Monster? - by Pangaea - 01-04-2022, 06:52 PM
RE: Monster? What Monster? - by Aeon - 01-04-2022, 11:03 PM
RE: Monster? What Monster? - by Pangaea - 01-06-2022, 05:09 PM
RE: Monster? What Monster? - by Aeon - 01-09-2022, 02:01 AM
RE: Monster? What Monster? - by Pangaea - 01-09-2022, 02:03 PM
RE: Monster? What Monster? - by Aeon - 01-09-2022, 10:14 PM