Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Trigger Warning  - Monster? What Monster? [animal hunting]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 1,400
Dusk Court Soldier
Male [He/his]  |  6 [Year 505 Spring]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 42  |    Active Magic: Aegis  |    Bonded: N/A

I'm ready to bleed to make amends
And sleep in this dirt we call our bed
So tell me your secrets
And join me in pieces
To fall and rewrite the bitter end

Some come from eggs, some come directly from their mothers he assumed. This clarified things a little in his brain. “It must have been a big egg!” he remarked in passing with a chuckle. “Do you eat eggs?” He had seen some creatures seemingly looking for bird eggs and eating those. They had a yolky inside that some seemed to enjoy. The entire process of obtaining eggs was too much effort for the reward; not to mention the smell and mess they made. 

He followed behind her when she motioned, his soft muzzle nibbling at the ground level to pick up the berries from the bushes. It popped in his mouth between his teeth. Acidic and tart. This was a taste he wasn’t familiar with. He rolled it in his mouth trying to strip the flesh finding the stone within. Awkwardly he tried to roll the stone from his mouth looking at it as it plopped to the ground between his hooves.  It was hard and round, with curiosity he pushed his hoof into it seeing it only sink into the ground. Picking up another he repeated the process but this time bit the hard inner between his teeth before spitting it out to observe what was inside. A mushy mess of fibers. That part wasn’t edible it seemed. 

Without realizing it he had started to shift towards moving past her, towards the tree line. His nose on the ground fumbling and exploring. He looked up to find himself standing at the tree line. Staring back at him were brown eyes, a pair of tusks with four legs. The creature was stamping the ground in challenge, preparing to charge. His instincts were taking over, he had fought many creatures in his homeland to defend himself.  It wasn’t like any of the other creatures at home, but it had the same basic structures. He was definitely wired more to fight than flee. 

He flipped in a smooth practiced motion and pointed his rear at the now charging animal. He quickly snapped his back hoof towards the creature's head, aiming to hit it square with force. This approach stopped the creature getting too close and delivered a quick end for the creature. Feeling a connection of hoof to flesh he snorted breathlessly and charged with adrenaline  “I think I found you a snack.”

ooc: @Pangaea

Messages In This Thread
Monster? What Monster? [animal hunting] - by Aeon - 01-04-2022, 02:36 AM
RE: Monster? What Monster? - by Pangaea - 01-04-2022, 06:52 PM
RE: Monster? What Monster? - by Aeon - 01-04-2022, 11:03 PM
RE: Monster? What Monster? - by Pangaea - 01-06-2022, 05:09 PM
RE: Monster? What Monster? - by Aeon - 01-09-2022, 02:01 AM
RE: Monster? What Monster? - by Pangaea - 01-09-2022, 02:03 PM
RE: Monster? What Monster? - by Aeon - 01-09-2022, 10:14 PM